• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beaches & Cream

Zandy595

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f
What is the best way to get to Beaches & Cream from Pop? We'll have our car, but would rather take the bus if it isn't too complicated/time consuming.

I think driving is easier. If you want to take the bus, I would take a bus to Epcot or MK and the bus to BC. Or you could take a bus to DHS and the boat to BC, not sure if there is a bus from DHS to BC. If there is it would be quickest to take the bus to DHS and the bus to BC.

You could bus to Epcot then walk through the park and exit the international gateway at the back of world showcase. Once out of the park, beaches and cream isn't vary far....however, it is a long walk from the park entrance to the gateway.

You could bus to Epcot then walk through the park and exit the international gateway at the back of world showcase. Once out of the park, beaches and cream isn't vary far....however, it is a long walk from the park entrance to the gateway.

Also, unless the OP had the hopper option and has already used a park entry for that day, it would be a waste of a day off their tickets.

If you don't want to drive, your best bet is to take a bus to Animal Kingdom and then get the Beach Club bus (I say Animal Kingdom as that is the closest park to Pop). That will only work if your eplanning ot go during AK opening hours (or just after) though. Otherwise, as another poster suggested, a bus to MK and then bus to Beach Club would be the option to go for.

Personally, I would drive though - getting from resort to resort on the bus is a pain in the rear.

I agree that a car is the best way to go. It would take no time at all by car and could take an hour by bus/boat if you have to wait at all (let's say you just miss the bus or boat and need to wait 15 minutes for the next one). There is no bus from DHS to BC, so you would need to take a bus there and then the boat to BC/YC (which stops at Swan/Dolphin first). I would not recommend taking the bus to AK and then another to BC/YC club since it stops at Blizzard Beach, possibly Swan/Dolphin (depending on time of day/crowd level) and then YC.

If you don't want to drive, take the bus to DHS and then the boat to the BC. We have always enjoyed the boat, and would probably choose to do this rather than drive. I would probably figure an hour for the commute. You can also walk to BC from DHS, if your feet are up to it!

Be aware that Epcot resorts do not have bus service to Epcot! Also be aware that you could be waiting a loooong time at B&C for a table- like an hour!

If it were me, I'd do it on your Epcot day. Go to Epcot in the morning, and then sneak out for an early lunch or dinner by going through the International Gateway to the BC/YC resorts...then just walk back to Epcot to finish out your day.

It really is a very short walk...not too much different than walking from, say, Soarin' over to something over on the far end of World Showcase.

If it were me, I'd do it on your Epcot day. Go to Epcot in the morning, and then sneak out for an early lunch or dinner by going through the International Gateway to the BC/YC resorts...then just walk back to Epcot to finish out your day.

It really is a very short walk...not too much different than walking from, say, Soarin' over to something over on the far end of World Showcase.

I agree with this advice above all others. It's much easier to work around an Epcot day than make a special trip from Pop. As the others have said, Epcot and DHS don't have bus service to the Yacht/Beach club (or the rest of the Epcot resorts around Crescent Lake.) Only boat launch service. Somewhat slow boat service.

If I weren't going to visit Beaches and Cream via the International Gateway on an Epcot visit, and I had to get there from Pop Century with a car at my disposal, I'd drive directly to Yacht Club or Beach Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter