Beachfront in San Diego?

CaliforniaDreamin

<font color=deeppink>DIS Veteran (and then some)<b
We are looking for a beachfront hotel in San Diego that isn't incredibly expensive. I have done a lot of reseach on Trip Advisor and all the hotels I see are either on the bay and not the beach, or they are very expensive ($200 to $300 range).
Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

If it's for this summer, most will be expensive or booked up. Summer is a very popular time in San Diego. Try a google search for "San Diego or Mission Beach hotels".

We have Paradise Point Resort booked at $199/night for the end of July!!

you can get the Hotel Del Coronado for those dates for $235 ++. Victorian - no view.

Then there is the 2. La Jolla Beach Travelodge

6750 La Jolla Blvd
Nautless & La Jolla Blvd
La Jolla, CA, 92037 US
Phone: 858-454-0716

Only $84

I love paradise point, how'd you get 199 in July? It is not on the ocean, the bay, and the bay side rooms are expensive, but the garden rooms are fabulous, very tropical and it's a great relaxing place to stay.

abby said:
I love paradise point, how'd you get 199 in July? It is not on the ocean, the bay, and the bay side rooms are expensive, but the garden rooms are fabulous, very tropical and it's a great relaxing place to stay.

Right timing! We originally had a Garden Bungalow booked at $675/night. I kept checking the web site until Easter Morn, they had mysteriously dropped their prices for the day on the site. I wound up booking 2 adjoining garden lanai rooms at $199/ night...more square footage and 2 bathrooms! Previously, these rooms were offered at $325! Yay ME!!! :banana:

You might want to try Loews Coronado! I heard they were dropping their rates! :confused3

WE've stayed at Lowes c....

.... got it super cheap on hotwire.... and for the money (even so) we were "OK" with it. We were not all that impressed. It was mufther down towards Imperial Beach than being (feeling like) we were in Coronado. Well... for us we had never driven that far away from Coronado before... so the impression was we were out of the area.

So if you get it - make sure it's a good value 1st. All things being equal - try calling the Hotel Del Coronado resort - now THAT is a classic historic resort that I remember having had for under $150 (In this century).

:lmao:

loews.jpg
ImageServlet
ImageServlet

Lowes Coronado Bay resort above versus the Hotel Del COronado below:
hoteldel.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter