"Bear" closing in Sept.

Peter Pirate

Its not the end of civilization...But you can see
Not sure if this is new or not, but I heard from a "Bear In The Big Blue House" CM that the show was closing in Sept., to be replaced by a show based on another of the kids TV shows...:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Tasha will be very disappointed to lose her favorite attraction at MGM:(
We will have to see it a bunch in June and August.
Wonder why? It fills up every time.

I don't get it either. I keep telling myself: "change is good, change is good..." Even when there's no purpose. :(

I heard that it is simply going down for a rehab. It was a temporary, travelling mall show, that was put in on a temporary basis. It has proved so popular that they want to make modifications to make it a little more permanent.

My daughter just reminded me that the CM told us a "Playhouse Disney" show would be replacing "Bear"...But of course that would include Bear as well as PB&J Otter, Rollie, Pollie Ollie & Out of the Box...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

OK, maybe it won't be so bad... :rolleyes: I just hope that they keep Bear in whatever they do now! Thanks, Peter Pirate.

There may be some confusion here on the part of a few cast members. There is supposed to be a Playhouse Disney unit in the new parade. Maybe that is being confused with the Bear rehab. I'll poke around to see if I can get confirmation.

Oh, boo hoo:( :( :( :(
I was wondering how long it would last. If it's true we'll make sure (we were planning on it anyway) to catch it next weekend.

<font color=green><font size=4>ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!</font color></font size>
:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

I can't say I'd be surprised if this is true. When the Bear show opened it was only supposed to be there from June 7, 1999 - early August 1999. Due to it's popularity the stay was extended, but the show was never built for long-time use.

However since the show is so popular I would predict that we will see Bear in the future in a more permanent form.

Yes, that's true, seats would be nice, but still need dancing room for the kiddies:p

Onwiththeshow, where in PhillY?

<font size=4 color=purple><font face ="Comic Sans MS">ONE WEEK FROM TODAY AND WE'LL BE ON OUR WAY</font></font></font>
mika2.gif

LOL!

I keep telling my 8 year old DS that I have every intention of doing the cha-cha and he is not pleased to say the least. I suspect that a LOT of adults like Bear and that Bear will be at the Studios in some capacity.

I wonder if there will be a Bear or a Playhouse car in the new parade?

I don't have news, (I also don't have kids, so my perspective is quite different), but I must say I hope it is removed permanently and I hope they bring in something that actually fits the supposed theme of the Disney MGM studios. They could try doing it in such a way that it features Playhouse Disney, but I must say, personally, I think BitBBH is an example of Synergy gone bad.
Heck, I believe synergy Park's being torn down next year, maybe Disney can bogart the name and rename the Studios Disneys land of Synergy.

I'm sorry, I know its popular with the kids, and I respect that, but I don't beleive they should have sacrificied the studio's theme for the sake of synergy.

Being a little "nit picky" aren't we? So, where do you suggest they put a "family" type attraction like that. I guess they should also get rid of most of the other attractions at Disney Studios that don't fit in with the "synergy", and what about the attractions at all of the other parks, they must all be lacking in "synergy".

Funny always thought WDW was a family resort. Didn't know it got so technical with the "synergy" stuff.:smooth:

I'm sorry, I'm having a Landbaron day.

My point is. Disney/MGM used to have a focus, a plan if you will. it was to showcase hollywood, and how entertainment is made. Star Tours showcases Hollywood (don't let George see this, he'd kill me) at its best. the Indiana Jones show explains hollywood. the old sound effects shw...well you get my point. shows like the little mermaid were the first steps away from that. I could accept a few rides and references to classic Disney live action. Even Disney animation is acceptable (although I think it should stay in the magic Kingdom) what with FLorida Animation right there. BUT, by replacing or adding shows like BitBBH, Doug and even Drew Carey. they've lost focus on the original THEME of the THEME park. now The studios is the lets find a spot to synergize. I would even accept WWTBAM Play it over the others, because lets face it, Game shows are a fundimental part of hollywood entertainment.

Even the RnRC has a classic entertainment focus. The studios is quickly losing it and I truely hope that they get back on focus.

Bear in the Big blue house is great, but only if it helps tell The studio's story which I don't think it does.
Again, I don't have children, so I respect the opinions of those who do, but I still think it was a bad choice.

I posted a thread in reguards to this thread, I didnt get any responses, so I will post here.

I will be very upset about BITBBH, if they take it away, I can understand refurbishing, but not shutting it down forever. Ive never seen the show before, I had no reason until now, considering my 18 month old niece loves it, and this will be her first trip to WDW. I really hope the show is still up and running in October. The show is cute, and the kids AND adults enjoy it, so ON WITH THE SHOW!!!

Please someone give me good news about the Bear show, that is all my daughter talks about . She is 3 and has been to WDW a few times and everytime we must stand in line for Bear over and over. She keeps telling me that is where she wants to go first when we return to WDW in Jan for her 4th birthday, she has also infomed me she wants her baby sister to see Bear. Please give me good news, I really do not want to cry, and I do not want to have to make a trip before Jan. (well I really do but DH won't go for that) Please tell me it's just a rehb PLEASEEEEEEE:(

PMart, I'll try and find out what's going on. We're headed up there this weekend and the Bear Show is at the top of our list to see (especially if it closes we'll need to see it again).

And, FYI, there is going to be a Big Bear in the Blue House Live show touring in July and August. It's going to be at the Broward Center in July, at Jackie Gleason July 31 & Aug 1. If your DD is a real fanatic you may want to see this show.
<font color=red size=5>Tomorrow, tomorrow....only 18 hrs and we'll be there!</font></font>
mic-min01.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter