Beauty and the Beast live action movie trailer released this morning!

Watson, but agree.

lol!! see what happens when you are just too excited!! I knew Watson typed Thompson in my rush to share... :sad2: smh.

going to edit now... then back to my gardening. :)

(the other Emma (Thompson) is portraying Mrs. Potts) ;)

Last edited:
If they were going to do a proper teaser, they should have only done a 15 - 30 second pan from the feet of the table to rose is on up to the actual rose. Hold a beat, the slowly bring Emma into focus as she slowly reaches out for the rose. As soon as she's about to touch the glass, we hear either a roar, or a giant stomp, or a door slamming or something, hard cut to black.

A minute and a half of boring set shots.

I am excited for the film, but I just feel like they could have given us more with less.

I personally LOVED this. The music! The ballroom! The Rose! Ian McKellen's voice as Cogsworth!!! Everything!!!

Okay I've watched it twice now. I'm excited. I'd also like to point out that originally this wasn't going to be a musical but they changed that.

I really liked it and I got a very similar feeling to the castle as I do to Be Our Guest in New Fantasyland (I am sure that wasn't accidental but just saying I think it is neat and just like how it ties together) - but plus the shot of ripping the portrait

I know some people were concerned when Emma Watson mentioned having to go take singing lessons once she got the roll, but I am sure they will make it all at least adequate in post production no matter how her voice is

I just watched the trailer and wow, beautifully done! I am super excited since Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie of all time. I literally got the chills watching the trailer. Cannot wait! :-)

And Matthew Crawley from Downton Abbey as the Beast! I can't wait -- but it's not coming out until next March! UGH

Okay I've watched it twice now. I'm excited. I'd also like to point out that originally this wasn't going to be a musical but they changed that.

A musical as in every line is sung or a musical like the movie was -- with a few songs?

Thanks. While I love a good song here and there throughout the movie, a musical from end to end can get tedious (except, I must say, for Moulin Rouge).

I'm excited for this movie! Thanks for posting the first trailer. Wish it had a little more to it though.

Excellent casting choice on Emma Watson. Mostly because after her 8+ year gig as Hermione has burned in our brains that she IS Hermione, the beautiful book worm....which is also Belle.

The only thing that bugs me about it is she is English, and has an English accent in the movie. Does no one respect the fact that BatB is a French tale? An Aussie to play Belle in OUAT, and a Brit for this? At the same time, I think there is absolutely no person in the world I would rather play Belle, so this one's forgiven.

Excellent casting choice on Emma Watson. Mostly because after her 8+ year gig as Hermione has burned in our brains that she IS Hermione, the beautiful book worm....which is also Belle.

The only thing that bugs me about it is she is English, and has an English accent in the movie. Does no one respect the fact that BatB is a French tale? An Aussie to play Belle in OUAT, and a Brit for this? At the same time, I think there is absolutely no person in the world I would rather play Belle, so this one's forgiven.

This is exactly how I felt. It broke the entire continuity to essentially hear Hermione Granger say 'Hello?' in the middle of the trailer. At least have her fake a good Paige O'Hara.

With that cast I hope they are human a lot more, a longer beginning and end anyway.

Unless they are only slightly "made up" as in a broadway play. Emma as a teapot?

Its rare a "voice actor" gets to appear as themselves in the movie as well-be interesting to see what they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter