Beaver Tails

dinks

A Disney Planaholic!
I know Beaver Tails come from Canada, but is there more than one counter service place to get them. Last year, during Sept, the counter was closed the 3 times we went to Epcot. My husband and I were very disappointed because we had read that they are great!

Thanks

I've heard that the Beaver Tails booth only opens in the afternoon. I'm not sure of the exact time though... They are quite the tasty treat :p

They seem to be open more in the evening then during the day, at least during the slow season. I had a maple one last Dec. and it was fantastic.

They are very good. Last time I had Strawberrys and cream, Next time.. I havent got a clue.. But I do Love them!! I got them right before Illumnations started so around 830pm Last Oct...

I believe they are only open from 4 pm onwards. When I was a CM in Canada we were open all day.

My sister was a CM there last year and they had a problem with shipping since the Beavertails come from Canada so they were closed for a few days.

When we were at DW last month, every time that we walked by the booth it was closed. Very disappointing! ::MickeyMo

Originally posted by sugermouse
When we were at DW last month, every time that we walked by the booth it was closed. Very disappointing! ::MickeyMo

We had the same experience: the place was never open when we were there - and it was on my list of "Never done it before, have to do it this time" things to do!
Got my first ever Dole whip though in MK!

I am from Canada and love beaver tails.....to bad the ones at WDW are baked...

The real ones are deep fried....mmmmmmmmmmm

I thought the Beavertails at WDW *were* deep-fried. I could've sworn we watched them making one and it looked like a funnel cake process. Maybe I was just so high on Beavertail-sugar (mmmmmm, Beavertail!) that I can't rightly remember!

Can't wait to get one now!

Tracy

Reading this thread has got me craving beaver tails. The resort I'm staying at this weekend has them and I can't wait to get a cinnamon and sugar :hyper:

Maybe that explains why for the last 3 times I have been to WS the cart has never been open. I have gone to WS only in the early part of the day. I have been wanting to have one..... next time I will try to get there later in the day.

Originally posted by PhotobearSam
I am from Canada and love beaver tails.....to bad the ones at WDW are baked...

The real ones are deep fried....mmmmmmmmmmm

I'm not sure what you are talking about either. They have been deep fried every time I have had them. Until recently, Epcot was about the only place I could find them, despite living in Canada, so I had one on every visit. Now they have them at the Toronto Zoo and I avoid them (sure they are way too many Weight Watchers POINTS) every Sunday as I volunteer there.

For those of you who find the kiosk at Epcot open, I recommend the Killaloe Sunrise (Cinnamon & Sugar w/ freshly squeezed lemon juice). If I make 75% of my weight loss goal before the Zoo's kiosk closes for the winter, I'm going to treat myself!

www.beavertailsinc.com

P.S. Website says they are float cooked on oil and in some locations baked in an oven. The way it reads is that they are all cooked in oil and then afterwards some are baked. This may apply at Epcot due to the volumes they would have to make. This way the could make them in advance and "reheat" them by baking them.

Thanks for all the advice. To those of you that live in Canada, NOT FAIR.

we were there last sep. and this stand wasn't open like 3 days in a row. the cm working at the stand next to it told us they were out trapping beavers to make more tails.lolpirate: pirate: pirate:

Originally posted by TaraBelle1069

P.S. Website says they are float cooked on oil and in some locations baked in an oven. The way it reads is that they are all cooked in oil and then afterwards some are baked. This may apply at Epcot due to the volumes they would have to make. This way the could make them in advance and "reheat" them by baking them.

This is the way we used to make them at WDW. They came as the pre formed dough and we float cooked them in oil. Now they are pre made and essentially just put through a toaster over. Nowehere near as good as the original. We had some at the Old Port of Montreal this spring, yummy!

We had our first trip to Ottawa in June and had the real thing there and they are great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter