Because the Ocean Never Sleeps (SeaWorld Trip Report)

Just discovered this thread, and caught up on reading your TR. Thank you so, so much for the reviews, TR, all of it. DH was just able to get free military tickets for 1 day at SW or BG, and we're contemplating adding it to our June Disney/Universal trip. This report helped so, so much, giving us more to think about. DH and DS went to SW a few years ago, but I haven't been since the 80s. Looks like a wonderful time. I did just read that Mako was under refurb, and that does change things for us. Not sure if we're going to make the time to go to SW if that's closed. Thanks again for sharing all the details and TR!!
Ah, such a bummer! And they’re not super great about sharing dates on refurbs… I would expect it to open up for summer, but maybe they figure with the new Pipeline coaster they don’t have to get it up so fast?

Thank you! And I hope so- I think SeaWorld gets overlooked a lot, and there’s certainly not as much info out there on how to plan a trip. Our first time a year ago, we didn’t even know they had belugas until the last day!
I had a season pass to Sea World 2 years ago and I only found out that they had belugas and walruses last week. 😂

Thank you for your report! I am currently planning a trip over our spring break this year. We are going to Discovery Cove and SW. I am a little worried about the weather being too cold but we don’t really travel in summer so it is what it is.

How was the weather the rest of the week? Hoping we get lucky on our DC day but it looks like we’ll be grabbing wetsuits.

Fabulous trip report - been to SW many times, but really enjoyed reading this. Never been during their food festival - may try that next year. Planning on a penguin tour as well - never did any of their tours before. You guys did so much while there: it was fun "riding along". :-)

Thank you for your report! I am currently planning a trip over our spring break this year. We are going to Discovery Cove and SW. I am a little worried about the weather being too cold but we don’t really travel in summer so it is what it is.

How was the weather the rest of the week? Hoping we get lucky on our DC day but it looks like we’ll be grabbing wetsuits.
We’ve been to Florida three times in mid-March now- 2021, 2022, and 2023. Our trip in 2021 was consistently in the high 70s/80s. We had a random cold snap in 2022- mid 60s for two days, then mid 70s, then low 80s. (Which was great for us, because the cold snap meant the manatees came back to Blue Springs State Park!) And then last year in 2023, it seemed more pitchy. Our coldest day was our Discovery Cove day, but we had a mix from that (high 65) to 85, and it bounced around. So it can be difficult to predict!

Discovery Cove does let you change your day once for free (though I believe you may be subject to pay the cost difference if your new date was more expensive- you just don’t pay the change fee).

We would have considered changing our date but we felt pretty locked in. Our original date was a Wednesday, and we had already scheduled belugas for Thursday and Tron for Saturday. At the time, Friday forecast was storms. So we took the risk and stayed on Wednesday. (It didn’t storm Friday, so I guess that was a poor choice, but we did get to see the belugas again! So still a win.)

If it is cold, the oasis will be a major warm benefit- just steel yourself for when you go to the bathroom or to grab food! Or, alternatively, hit up the Reef- maybe the temperature difference won’t feel as drastic since the reef is cold, ha.

I actually think the wetsuits are the way to go anyways. Less sunscreen needed, more insulation, and it’s just kinda fun to wear them!

Fabulous trip report - been to SW many times, but really enjoyed reading this. Never been during their food festival - may try that next year. Planning on a penguin tour as well - never did any of their tours before. You guys did so much while there: it was fun "riding along". :-)
Thank you! My husband loves the food festival. We’re deciding a spring break trip this year and SeaWorld is back on the list because he liked it that much, ha.

I absolutely loved reading this report. I love SeaWorld, I visit the park once a month, and it never gets old. I am sad you didn't have the best experience at Busch Gardens. I love that park because of the coasters and the different animal experiences, but I agree that the food there isn't the best. Discovery Cove is amazing. It's such a relaxing experience. I could snorkel in the reef for hours!

Thank you so much for your trip report! We visit WDW frequently and our planning our first visit to Discovery Cove for Spring Break 2024. The military tickets are a great deal for the dolphin swim and 14 days at the other parks. Like you, we won't use all 14 days but still a great deal. I've been looking for updated info from real visitors on these parks and your report was so helpful! We were debating a VIP cabana for our DC day, bit after reading your report I think we'll skip the cabana and do all the tours we can over the week at SW. Thank you so much for taking the time to write all this out!

I absolutely loved reading this report. I love SeaWorld, I visit the park once a month, and it never gets old. I am sad you didn't have the best experience at Busch Gardens. I love that park because of the coasters and the different animal experiences, but I agree that the food there isn't the best. Discovery Cove is amazing. It's such a relaxing experience. I could snorkel in the reef for hours!
Yeah, I'm hoping I just have bad luck with Busch Gardens. My thoughts may be different if I spent a few days in the area, too- we were driving in and were time-limited, so we could have just ended up there on "bad" days.

That reef is the best!!

Thank you so much for your trip report! We visit WDW frequently and our planning our first visit to Discovery Cove for Spring Break 2024. The military tickets are a great deal for the dolphin swim and 14 days at the other parks. Like you, we won't use all 14 days but still a great deal. I've been looking for updated info from real visitors on these parks and your report was so helpful! We were debating a VIP cabana for our DC day, bit after reading your report I think we'll skip the cabana and do all the tours we can over the week at SW. Thank you so much for taking the time to write all this out!
I'm sure the cabanas are nice, but yeah, I'd use that money to do some other activities! Though I just pulled up the VIP Cabana info- depending on your group size, it may be worth it for the perks! Personalized buoy delivery during your signature dolphin swim, digital photo package, exclusive animal encounter? The snacks and towels are whatever, it's super convenient to get any of that outside a cabana, but some of the inclusion may be worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter