Bed/Bathrooms - left or right side?

rae519

<font color=6666CC>DIS Veteran<br><font color=CC00
Okay, here's a good one for the Disney cruise veterans and those who "know" staterooms.....

Is there a site/area where you can find out which side of the room your bathroom and bed are located on? (Left or right).

I know 5622 (aft starboard) has it's bathroom/bed on the right side as you open the door. And since 5624 is next door, the bathroom backs up to it so when you open the door there, it's on the left side.

Since I have been told that because of the incompleteness of the drydock refurbishment of the rooms on Deck 5 AFT, everyone will be moving to other staterooms, I'm just curious as to which side my bed and bath will be on?

Rae

Rae,

Did they give you your new cabin number yet???

Rae,

Since BD didn't answer this I will.

Whether your beds/Bathrooms are on the right or left would depend on which way you are facing, I would say!

:wave:

Jim

PS Glad you're back!

PPS, Only Pros, No Cons

Whether your beds/Bathrooms are on the right or left would depend on which way you are facing, I would say!

Very true, Jim. Or, Rae could enter the room asp backwards...

We are currently assigned room 5001 (still hoping that the upgrade fairy taps us, but figure, we are doing ok, since we are on a floor with lots of public restrooms - we do have 4 females sharing a bathroom!!!). Since 5001 runs forward to aft, not port to starboard as the majority of the rooms do, where is the bathroom and how is the room set up different? It seems from more of the layouts I have seen, that you walk in the room, with a closet on one side and door to bathroom on the other, then into the sitting area and the bedroom area is at the end. Where do you enter in these rooms and how different is the layout?

Thanks for the info!!! The DCL Forum rocks!!

Laura

Oh boy, Jim and BD are on a roll tonight!!!

Still waiting to hear what cabin Rae got for her 10-25-03 cruise.

Okay, let's see if this helps. If you look on the DCL Deck Plans, most of the outside rooms have a solid straight line and a solid line with an indentation along one side. The bed is against the solid straight line. For example, in cabin 5624, the bed is on the left side when one enters the cabin (face first). In cabins 5626 and 5622, the bed is on the right side.

AuntyBrat - sorry, I don't know how it works for the inside cabins.

On another note - it's great to see you on the boards Rae!! :wave2: And you're typing again (without multiple crazy letters!). :p

Here is something to help.

First a link to the ship map - it's HUGE so I won't enclose the image.

Click here for the ship deck map

To read it, look at the following enclosure:

sample.jpg

All the doors are the indented into the room part, the bathroom will be opposite left or right to the door.

Entering the stateroom SPH cabin 5520, where is the beds there?

Thanks
Joanna

Beds are the same as bathrooms, on the opposite wall from the door. For 5520 it looks like the bed would be on the aft(rear) wall.

Thanks Mark...I was hoping I'd be lying down in the same direction that the ship is going.:D

Joanna

Hey Joanna.

I was hoping I'd be lying down in the same direction that the ship is going.

You can do that no matter which stateroom you're in. Just switch the location of your pillow...

Originally posted by dclwdwlover
(Had your favorite rooms last time)

Wasn't it wonderful!!!!
Lucky!

Rae

Found it thanks to all of you~!

Imagine both DVC and DCL telling me that they had no idea.... Maybe this is another case of the people who use the rooms and the powers that be.......

Okay, I'm on the opposite of where I want to be....

I'm on Deck 7 Aft --starboard. Two doors down from my friends, Paul and Kaye, so it will work out regardless!!!

Again, thanks for your help!!!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter