Bed count at DVC Villas - as they get remodeled

Urtle3

Earning My Ears
I'm looking at renting DVC points to stay at the Boardwalk in a studio. They currently have 1 queen bed, 1 pull-out sofa sleeper and the small bed cabinet under the TV. It looks as though, as these villas get remodeled, they are configuring the beds differently (murphy bed sofa and no more small cabinet bed). The main reason we are looking at this property and room style is for that specific room type/bed combination. We each want our own bed and there are three of us (me/small bed, my sister/queen and my 18-year-old son/sofa).

My question is, Does anyone know if these rooms are up for refurbishment before our early December 2022 trip? And if so, will the bed configuration change? I'm also wondering if we can request a roll-away, what the charge is for that, and what the likelihood is of getting one. Is another resort further down on the list of refurbs that might have these beds longer?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

my understanding is that all DVC sofa beds are to be replaced by in-wall Murphy beds. Schedule for Boardwalk Villas to be renovated is unknown.

As far as I know, there aren't any rollaways. and I don't know whether or not the under - TV bed will be removed.

I'm looking at renting DVC points to stay at the Boardwalk in a studio. They currently have 1 queen bed, 1 pull-out sofa sleeper and the small bed cabinet under the TV. It looks as though, as these villas get remodeled, they are configuring the beds differently (murphy bed sofa and no more small cabinet bed). The main reason we are looking at this property and room style is for that specific room type/bed combination. We each want our own bed and there are three of us (me/small bed, my sister/queen and my 18-year-old son/sofa).

My question is, Does anyone know if these rooms are up for refurbishment before our early December 2022 trip? And if so, will the bed configuration change? I'm also wondering if we can request a roll-away, what the charge is for that, and what the likelihood is of getting one. Is another resort further down on the list of refurbs that might have these beds longer?

BWV is not currently on the list for a full refurbishment in 2022.

It's not that they are taking out the small murphy bed but rather that they did not add it to SSR in the studios. It never had it. Unlike other refurbs though they added the small single murphy bed to most (but not all) SSR 1BR's. Seems like the HA rooms did not get it. However I'd fully expect it to remain where it already is in studios at VWL, BWV, BCV, VGF, PVB and Riv whenever each of those are refurbed. They are changing the sleeper sofa's to the sofa murphy beds though which should be a huge upgrade.

The number of beds will not change when a BWV refurb is done. The smaller Murphy bed that pulls ourt of a cabinet will remain. The main change will be that pull-out couch will be removed and replaced by a combination couch that folds down as you pull a queen size Murphy bed down out of the wall. They do not provide extra beds, such as a rollaway, if you want to avoid putting two on the main or couch bed. You would have to bring your own such as a sleeping bag or inflatable mattress.

The number of beds will not change when a BWV refurb is done. The smaller Murphy bed that pulls ourt of a cabinet will remain. The main change will be that pull-out couch will be removed and replaced by a combination couch that folds down as you pull a queen size Murphy bed down out of the wall. They do not provide extra beds, such as a rollaway, if you want to avoid putting two on the main or couch bed. You would have to bring your own such as a sleeping bag or inflatable mattress.
If the smaller murphy bed remains, and there is a pull out sofa, in addition to the main bed, we should be all set. Thanks!

If the smaller murphy bed remains, and there is a pull out sofa, in addition to the main bed, we should be all set. Thanks!

You might consider an egg crate or pad for that sofa bed. I've heard they're not very comfortable as most sofa beds that get a lot of use are. We're going to order one from amazon before our trip if we need that extra bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter