Beds at Pop Century

nurseberta

DIS Veteran
looking to book a quick trip for just my son and I.
What are the opinions of the beds at Pop?
The look like they are mattresses places on a flat wood table, no box springs. but also have seen pics from OKW that look similar. Just curious how comfy they are?
also has anyone stayed in a King room, looking for a good location we are thinking of a preferred room!
TIA

looking to book a quick trip for just my son and I.
What are the opinions of the beds at Pop?
The look like they are mattresses places on a flat wood table, no box springs. but also have seen pics from OKW that look similar. Just curious how comfy they are?
also has anyone stayed in a King room, looking for a good location we are thinking of a preferred room!
TIA
I found them very comfortable. The fold down bed is the same exact bedding. Many new mattresses do not use box springs - mine doesn't have one at home. The mattresses are made for platform bed frames.

My wife and I found the beds at Pop to be fine. Bldgs 4 and 6 are just a short walk to the Skyliner which makes getting to Epcot and HS very convenient.

Stayed at POP a few weeks ago, found the beds comfy, granted after a long day at the park I can sleep anywhere. But the POP is a fav of mine, and I tend to prefer deluxe. I have stayed POP 3 times and loved it all 3 times.

Last edited:

You'll find 3 preferred King Rooms in building 4.
There are 3 preferred King Rooms in building 10.
There are 5 standard King Rooms Pool View in building 1.

All of those are in a good location.

I found the bed totally fine. I ended up in a pool room the night I spent there and was quite happy with it, the sound of the fountains at night kinda served as a nice white noise. Along that vein though if afternoon napping is important a pool facing room would be bad because you can definitely hear the music.

I stayed twice the refurb was finished and found the beds to be quite comfy. We've never stayed in a King room, but I've stayed in every section before and my preferred section is the 70s. It was very close to both the main building and Skyliner.

I have always found the beds at POP to be comfortable. My parents were in a room with a king bed and had no complaints. I also just found out recently that a lot of beds don't use boxsprings anymore. We recently got a new bed with just a frame/platform and the mattress. I actually like it much better!

Actually very comfortable since they refurbished the rooms - like you won't want to get out of bed in the morning lol

Stayed at POP a few weeks ago, found the beds comfy, granted after a long day at the park I can sleep anywhere. But the POP is a fab or mine, and I tend to prefer deluxe. I have stayed POP 3 times and loved it all 3 times.
thanks for this!! exactly the perspective I was looking for!!!

How about the bus and skyliner?
over crowded? move quickly?
Skyliner line at rope drop looks scary! However we were rather impressed with how fast it moved. I would say under 30 minutes to Epcot, I don’t recall the exact amount of time, but I have a photo with Minnie time stamped at 9:01, and we stopped at the lockers and were 2/3 in line for Minnie.

Skyliner at night back felt long from Epcot but it was fine as well. Loading/unloading is fast.

The bus to MK was good, but we wanted to be on the first bus, and got to the stop a bit before 7 (I think) and the CM working said first bus between 645-715, my first picture on Main Street is 7:45 and we had to hold at the turnstiles for a few minutes.

I've found all Disney beds to be adequate, with the notable exception of the brand new flip in the Grand Floridian which was great.

If beds are a dealbreaker to you, you need to go Swolphin.

I've found all Disney beds to be adequate, with the notable exception of the brand new flip in the Grand Floridian which was great.

If beds are a dealbreaker to you, you need to go Swolphin.
i tried! Swolphin was booked

Just got back from Pop. The beds are fine (slept on the drop-down bed). The pillows leave much to be desired though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter