Beds on the Dream

LINDATHEPOOH

Mouseketeer
Do any of the rooms offer a choice of queen bed OR 2 twins. I have a son in law and grandson that don’t mind sharing a room but draw the line on sharing a bed and neither wants a fold out couch or pull down bed.

All rooms have the queen, no getting around that, but some have a murphy bed in addition to the couch and pull down. That seems to work well for our family. No one seems to mind the couch. It is very comfortable.

I believe the Murphy beds are in the Deluxe Family staterooms that sleep up to 5 only. The pull-down has a 225lb weight limit on it, but all of the beds generally seem to be fairly comfortable.

Then they are going to have problems sharing a room since all have a Queen that can't be split and most just have the pull-down and couch as the other options. Since you reference it as a "fold-out" couch, they may not be picturing the right thing. It is not the same as your home sofa that has the mattress folded in half under the cushions - those are always uncomfortable. The couch on the ship has a regular twin mattress. The mattress actually forms the back of the sofa when it is in "sofa" form. The back folds down to expose the mattress when it is in position to be made up as a bed. I sleep on this every cruise. I find it quite comfortable. Along with the rocking of the ship - best sleep ever.

I think you’re right. I pictured the old fold out sofa beds where you sleep with a metal bar in your back! I’ll let them know. Thanks!

The couches fold differently from a lot of other things I've seen... The BACK of the couch folds DOWN onto the seating surface and it's actually the part of the couch that would normally be agains the wall that is the sleeping surface.

Did a 2014 cruise on the Dream and an older adult used that bed - no real complaints from them as to comfort.

Our son says the sofa bed is more comfortable than the pull down bunk. Everyone is correct - the sofa back folds down to make a bed.

Does anyone know how solid the sofa back is? The Murphy is 'hard' because it's a mattress on a piece of wood. I wondered if they sofa back that folds down is on a surface with more give and thus more comfortable. Anyone know?

Isn't the queen bed "just" a mattress on a solid platform surface? That was pretty comfortable to me.

Does anyone know how solid the sofa back is? The Murphy is 'hard' because it's a mattress on a piece of wood. I wondered if they sofa back that folds down is on a surface with more give and thus more comfortable. Anyone know?
We've done a room with a Murphy bed and I found the Murphy bed to be uncomfortable because of the wooden slats the mattress sits on. I don't know exactly how solid the sofa surface is but I know it is more giving and I do find it to be comfortable. Between the Murphy bed and the sofa fold down, I choose the sofa for comfort 10 times out of 10!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter