Been asked to participate in MyMagic+-- should I??

SumWhrOvrThRanBo

Mouseketeer
My family & I are going on our very first Disney vacation... In 22 days!! (Ya know not that anyone is counting!) I recieved an email this morning from Disney Destinations asking us to participate in MyMagic+. As first time Disney goers will this overwhelm us or will it make things easier for us??

Thanks!!

I can think of no better control than someone who has never been to the World before. You go in with no memories of how it used to be.

Try it and report back!

We participated in the Magic Bands test for August/Sept. It was wonderful to be able to use both regular fast pass tickets (You pull those with either your KTTW card or your park tickets) and setting up 3 FP a day for each park. MK allows you 4, as they give you an additional one.

It was really nice having both & we had no problems with it. I would NOT recommend attaching your credit card to the magic band to charge food, etc though. We kept that separate and it was less of a hassle. I've hard people getting charged 2x for things & I'm glad we didn't do that. Now, if you are getting free dining then I'm assuming you will have your dining plan on your magic band. I didn't have the dining plan so I don't have much info to give other than what I witnessed. There was a lady in front of me in line trying to pay for her food. Her Magic Band wouldn't work and she got so frustrated that she just left her food tray w/ the cashier and walked away! For instances where the band MIGHT not work, I would suggest keeping your KTTW card with you and maybe you can swipe that instead?

Still, I say go for it and get the magic bands. IF they become mandatory in the future, at least you had a chance to use them now and get acclimated to them. It was a positive experience for us!! Also, if you order them now you can pick the colors for each of your family members. The people checking into Pop that didn't know about the magic bands were still given them, but they were just standard gray. It's no big deal but we did prefer the colors. :)

We participated in the Magic Bands test for August/Sept. It was wonderful to be able to use both regular fast pass tickets (You pull those with either your KTTW card or your park tickets) and setting up 3 FP a day for each park. MK allows you 4, as they give you an additional one.

Just as an FYI, but they will eventually be removing the regular FP machines from the parks. There is no official date on when this will happen, but be aware that you may not be able to access regular FPs during your trip.

Also, not everyone is getting the additional, 4th FP in the MK.

Just as an FYI, but they will eventually be removing the regular FP machines from the parks. There is no official date on when this will happen, but be aware that you may not be able to access regular FPs during your trip.

Also, not everyone is getting the additional, 4th FP in the MK.

OP, I say go for it! With no prior experience, your feedback is exactly what they need.

MouseMomx2, no one really know what the end product will be and if the existing FP system will be in place or not. Some rumors are that they will be removed, but more information points toward the old system remaining for off-site guests and that the Magic Band and FP+ will be for on-site guests. Speaking to some that work there that we know, even the CM's have no idea what the final product will look like.

I don't know if it will make it easier for a first-time visitor or not. It probably depends on how well the technology works for you. When the technology isn't working right, it has caused major headaches for some visitors.

For an October trip, you will have your park ticket/KTTW card and regular Fast Pass as a backup in case the technology fails you.

So I don't think it will hurt to sign up for MB/FP+, as you can ditch it if it complicates your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter