• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Been there, done that....NEVER again?"

In MK absolutely no stitch. Ever. Again. Everyone in the family agrees there!
The family are divided on Country Bears with my husband and I goofing off and chortling our way through it but the kids would rather gouge their eyes out.
At DHS Backlot tour and theres only so many great movie rides we can take now! Entire family decision.
AK - entire Dinorama area mostly, I was surprised the kids wanted nothing to do with the play area either. Entire family decision again.
Epcot - mission space. None of two choices made us want to go back anytime soon. Dear goodness, Captain EO. UGH!

Thats in it the parks I'll do anything else again just to go and do it (favorite out of the way first!) but as a family there are many other reasons why we miss certain rides or attractions that has nothing to do with our disgust of them!

Resort - I really was disappointed with the contemporary where we stayed, it was cool to have the monorail and enjoyed the conveniences but I didn't get the warm fuzzies IN the room? I often feel room location can make or break it so perhaps that was our issue?

1. Mission Space-Orange! Tend to get motion sickness, but usually if I close my eyes when it starts, I'm fine. Not this ride :sick: Thank goodness for that play area at the end of the ride so my family had something to do for the good hour it took me to recover

2. Stitch - Did not scare the beejeezers out of me like Alien did, but I still did not like it at all

Next trip out of 8 people going only me and my boys (now 20 and 25) have gone. Therefore, I will include everything in the touring plan.

Personally, though, you will not get me on the Tommorowland Speedway. When my youngest was 5 he hit my car from behind and hurt my neck. I will not go in Stitch's Great Escape, either. Oh, and Teacups. My earliest Disney memory is that ride but motion sickness keeps me off it.

At EPCOT, I will not go on Mission Space, Soarin', or any of the movies in WS. Again with the motion sickness. And EO..no way.

DHS...there is nothing there I avoid.

DAK...I generally go not do water rides but I'm going to go on Kali.

Restaurants: I could easily avoid Le Cellier but it's my oldest son's favorite. Absolutely no Pinocchio Village Haus...it's crazy in there.

I would gladly avoid the Allstars Resorts. We didn't care for our stay at all. I also dislike the look of the Grand Floridian but that's more of a personal taste thing.

We didn't like the 50's Primetime Cafe. There was a lot expected for this one but we thought that the food and service were mediocre.

I'll be perfectly happy if I never have to ride Mission Space or see Stitch again. ToT scares me but it's the drops - the attraction itself is actually quite amazing.

My family loves disney too but

We would never ride Primevil Whirl in Ak again- one word "PAINFUL"

We would never eat dinner at 1900 fare at GF again- Food was really bad and we were seated in a side room that was crowded, loud and away from action.

From looking at pictures, I would not stay at CSR - even though the main dining area looks cool -theming around houses does not appeal to me. - it almost looks as if they need to do some updating around the grounds and at quiet pools. JMHO..

I don't think I have any absolute "never again" rides, attractions, etc. Mostly they are things that I probably wouldn't do again or won't make it a priority...

MK - Astro Orbiter and Stitch

AK - Tough to be a Bug

HS - Lights, Motor, Action - it is a cool show and I enjoyed it, but we saw it in 2005 when it was pretty new then not again until this year. In 7 years, not much changed except the addition of Mater and McQueen. I feel like I can go another 7 years without watching it again.

EPCOT - Soarin - freaks me out.

I actually *do* have a NEVER AGAIN, and it is the Electric Umbrella at EPCOT. I seriously depsise that place.

Not a huge fan of the Commissary either, but I'd take it in a pinch. DH and DD never want to return to The Yachtsman - I thought it was OK, but we had gone to Shula's earlier in that trip and I think that tainted our views. We would also probably avoid moderate resorts - we like CBR and POR, but for the money, we decided either value or the Poly works better for us.

ETA: I almost forgot - we almost NEVER watch day parades, regardless of the park. If we happen to be in a spot to stop and watch a bit, we might, but we haven't "lined up" to get a spot in years. Not because we dislike them, just other stuff we would rather do. OTOH, we *love* the Halloween and Christmas parades.

from looking at pictures I would not stay at CSR

That's what I thought too until we "accidentally" stayed there for a night (it was a last minute trip and the only mod open). We loved it and it became my favorite mod, and went back for a few more trips. The pictures don't do it justice. It's beautiful imo. And the restaurant was cool too. Good food, great service, nice live guitar... just great.

We didn't like the 50's Primetime Cafe. There was a lot expected for this one but we thought that the food and service were mediocre.

I'm with you! I was so looking forward to it because I love the 50's, comfort food, etc. The food was eh, and while the service was OK, there was just something about it that I wasn't in love with. I might try it again sometime but I'm not dying to go back. Shame, I thought that'd be my fav. =(

Hi, so do you not want to go again because you don't like the entertainment or do you live in fear that they will pick you to be the butt of the jokes??

I'm not the person who posted that, but I agree with the sentiment. I neither liked the entertainment and def. wouldn't want to be the center of attention. It's not even the fact that it jokes with you, it's the fact that you're put on the spot that would bother me.

And YES on not doing the parades. Those things grate on me. Crowded, loud, and hot. Seen it once and that's all you need, really.

I would gladly avoid the Allstars Resorts. We didn't care for our stay at all. I also dislike the look of the Grand Floridian but that's more of a personal taste thing.

I'll be perfectly happy if I never have to ride Mission Space or see Stitch again. ToT scares me but it's the drops - the attraction itself is actually quite amazing.

Stitch reminds me of a gremlin - SCARY:eek:

Resorts - The only one I've stayed in is Coronado Springs and I'd definitely stay again!

MK - Stitch, duh. Monster's inc. Laugh Floor, I liked it but I just don't really need to see it again. MNSSHP was fun, but it isn't necessarily worth the extra money and I wasn't crazy about the fireworks show. I really didn't like Country Bear Jamboree, just not my thing.

AK - It's Tough to be a Bug. I saw it the first time I went and I really don't need to see it again, it was just too scary for me, and this is coming from someone whose favorite ride is TOT. Kali River Rapids got me way too soaked when I went on it, and it wasn't even exciting.

DHS - I thought the Beauty and the Beast show was pretty lame. I don't really need to see the American Idol show again.

Epcot - Journey Into the Imagination was just not my thing at all. The American Adventure didn't really capture my attention at all.

Restaurants - I would not eat at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot again, I didn't like that at all. Other than that, I'd eat pretty much anywhere else I've already eaten again, but I also want to try all the places I've never eaten at before.

I will never do Monster's Laugh Floor again. I do not like being put on the spot. I know some people LOVE that but it's not my personality and I was panicking thinking they would pick me and they did. UGH

Shy people, beware! LOL

The California Grill.

It was a dream of mine to eat there for years. Finally made it there two weeks ago. I love the look and decor of the place, the view is breathtaking, the waiter we had was outstanding, but the food was quite disappointing.

The menu was just...weird. I had the hardest time deciding what to order because nothing sounded appealing to me. I hoped that the food would taste better than it sounded, but nope. It was as odd tasting as the menu was to read.

Been there, done that, never again. :)

The latest edition of Journey Into Imagination. One dose of skunk spray and Dr. Nigel Channing is enough.

I have a couple different categories -

Once in a whiiiiile - Tom Sawyer's Island, Country Bears, Astro Orbiter, Backlot tour, Lights Motor Action, animal trails at AK (winter preferred), lion king show, mission space, innoventions

Never again - stitch great escape, kali river rapids (one word - chafing)

I haven't had a bad experience yet dining, and resorts, I've only stayed at a handful, too, and have loved them all.

Country Bears.....paws down. :headache:

and as for dining........ Ohana's...............that place is NOT for anyone with PTSD/AUTISM/ASPIES or anyone else who wants a civilized meal.

Country Bears.....paws down. :headache:

and as for dining........ Ohana's...............that place is NOT for anyone with PTSD/AUTISM/ASPIES or anyone else who wants a civilized meal.

I have had a different experience there with my hf ASD son (although he was slow to get into it) - quickly seated, near a window, food choices were good and accommodating, siblings both got up to dance after dinner and we enjoyed a lovely family meal like many otehr places. But of course, it varies child to child and family to family. Heck day to day, hour to hour! ;) The kids have asked to go back again too (although I wonder if the arcade and fireworks on the beach afterwards didn't help that one out?)

Thunder Mountain- As I get older, I realize it is sort of a corny roller coaster. That being said, I think it's perfect for kids under 18.

What is wrong with corny? I'm about to celebrate the 52nd anniversary of my 18th birthday and it will be at MK on Big Thunder Mountain. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter