• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beer at Hospitality Center...

akalittleeva

Mouseketeer
How does the Free samples work? Are you able to walk around the park with it, or do you need to stay in the building with it?

Yes you may walk around the park, but the free sample is small you want make it very far. :cool1:

Now we're talking. Yes, it's only one beer sample at a time, and they say two per day. The paper cup holds about 4-5 oz, not that much. There are usually two lines, so you can go in one, guzzle it down, go in the other, slam it down, then try to go back into the first line where that person will say there's a 2 drink limit. They remember faces and ask everyone for ID, so bring your license. After that, you can visit a restaurant and buy a big cup. Only problem with doing this, is the beer wants out, and it's not fun to be in line for a ride at this time. A few hours later you can come back and other people will be working the line.
In the old days, they used to have two hospility houses, so people could ping pong back and forth.
The good thing is you can walk thru the park with it, not like the parks up north that have those dumb beer gardens.
If you're at SWF, the samples are next to the Clydesdales. After you get your sample, walk towards the sky tower, go into Voyagers, and you can get a tall draft to keep it going. They also sell beer at a snack stand next to the sting ray tank in the Key West area. It's good to come here around 3pm, listen to the Buffett music play, watch people feed the dolphins, and have a Bud.

They play Buffett music at Key West - I may never get dh out of there! I don't drink beer, so I will give him my samples...just didn't want him stuck in a "beer tent", even with small samples.

Thanks everyone!

They sell beer at at least half of the food stands and kiosks around the park. You can walk around the park or attend the stadium shows that allow food with your open cup or nifty aluminum bottle(no glass) of beer.

Its really a small cup...it don’t think you'll get far...lol...
But just want to add...Don’t forget about beer school....
small video...short lecture....and four to six samples .....

and not to sound like the drunk on the board at SW there is a front bar and back bar...but shift changes every four hours...so two samples every shift...

Okay....
At Busch Gardens you have the option of doing BOTH the Beer School & Brewmasters Club -- 2 totally different things. Both "free" beer!!! You do have to sign up for the Brewmasters Club @ the front of the park @ Busch Gardens.

At SeaWorld there isn't a Beer School....but there is the Brewmasters Club. Very very interesting. You sign up for that @ the hospitality house. The "free" cups are bigger at SeaWorld than they are @ Busch Gardens. Also, they are't "too" strict on the 2 cup limit. Also, Sea World is one of the test sites where they test product before it is offered to the paying public.

Hope that helps!

Oh...and yes you can walk around the parks and such with your beer.

And each person who wants to drink a beer has to be there so the clerk selling it can card them and know that there is a person for each beer they sell. You cannot buy 2 beers for 1 person etc. People are always yelling at the clerks when they order multi-beers and they are the only one of their group in line. The server is only doing their job when they ask who else is going to drink the beers and makes you go get the rest of your beer drinkers.

I don't think the samples are 4-5 oz, they're definitely at least 8 oz, if not more!!!!

What flavors can I expect. Anything other than Anheuser regulars ie Bud/Michelob etc?

DizGeek said:
What flavors can I expect. Anything other than Anheuser regulars ie Bud/Michelob etc?

usually there's bud, bud light, world lager, bud select, bare knuckle stout, amber bock, mich ultra, and o'douls. they usually have a bacardi drink or are consumer testing new items at the back bar as well.

it appears I spend too much time there. :)

I pulled out my souvenir cards from the Brewmaster's Club, where you choose which beer "flight" you want to sample. Each different beer is then paired with specific foods (cheese, fruit, chocolate, etc.) to bring out the flavor.

Flight One - Budweiser Family
Bud Light
Budweiser
Budweiser Select
B to the E
(I believe there was also a fifth sample included with this flight that wasn't listed on the souvenir cards but no one in our group chose flight one.)

Flight Two - Gourmet Beers
Michelob Ultra
Michelob Ultra Amber
Michelob Light
Michelob
Anheuser World Lager

Flight Three - Progressive Tasting
Bud Light
Budweiser
Budweiser Select
Michelob Amber Bock
Bare Knuckle Stout

Outside at the open sampling area, they also have some of those fruity flavored beers. My husband sampled one of the orange ones. I thought it was disgusting. Blech!

i miss seaworld soooo much. i worked there 4 2 years...the backbar area isnt there anymore. but do check out the brewmasters club, hopefully when u go ull have chris yager as ur teacher!!! :) he is 1 of the funniest people i know!!!

the samples are not 8oz...they are roughly 5oz. u r only supposed 2 get 2, but the bartenders wont 'cut u off' unless u r totally drunk. i suggest the black & tan...bare knuckle with bud. if its still there, check out the newest drink samples-theyre 2 the rite of the bar. they were delicious.

i also suggest seeing the Pets Ahoy show...im sorry, im partial 2 the show. ;)

its not much info, but hope it helps.

OK everybody....start salivating.....

I went on Wednesday this week and the samples are definately 12oz! I got 2 without any line barely at all and probably could have had another from each one of the two lines without a problem! I sampled a Bud Select and a Mich ultra. It was only 11:15 am and I didn't want them to throw me in the tank with Shamu if I had too many more. :) The deli was getting pretty busy already and most of the tables were full. It was really hot, and the Beer really hit the spot.

-cortegro

Also they are in the clear plastic cups. I thought it was strange that the cups didn't have any advertising on them at all.....just clear....

My second Beer didn't make it to the end of the driveway to get into the park itself....

There is a beer school at Seaworld (or was last time we went in October last year) and then the beer academy where you get the beer flight. Also the free beer samples include samples of Bacardi Breezer (I think it was black cheery and lime last time I went). These aren't really shown but if you ask they have them at the back of the bar in a fridge and you get basically the whole bottle.

Also when I went they were trialing Fusions which were basically beer mixed with fruit juice and were weird but you could have two of these and the extra two beers so I did try them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter