• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beer for Breakfast? Booze Now on Be Our Guest Breakfast Menu

I'm on a budget and was looking at the kids meals for my PPO ADR. I decided to cancel that and make one for lunch-potato soup and a beer sounds more my style. Don't think I'd like beer with my $$$ doughnut!

The lunch menu has real food some half the price of breakfast. But if you have qs credits m it is a great price and no tipping!

Those breakfast prices - are these for two people to share??? How is lunch LESS than half the price of a breakfast item?

Ridiculous! I truly hope people stop going there for breakfast, that is outrageous of Disney!

Those breakfast prices - are these for two people to share??? How is lunch LESS than half the price of a breakfast item?

Ridiculous! I truly hope people stop going there for breakfast, that is outrageous of Disney!

I believe they did it as the PPO crowd was coming in droves and just ordering a fruit plate to share just to get a jump on 7DMT. So Disney found a way to stop that, but in typical Disney fashion, they went for the jugular.....

Disney is getting ready to complete their $70 billion acquisition of Twenty-First Century Fox so that money has to come from somewhere! No telling what other price increases are coming this year and beyond. Disney employees are also receiving hourly wage increases - $15 an hour by 2021. So the "guests" will be on tap for paying that increase also.

So, can I use my QS credit and get a "free" mimosa? Seems like a great use of a QS credit... Just booked a 10:00am "brunch" there for our MK day.

Do you all think that this is a sign that all counter service will soon have beer and wine options? Or is it more likely that they are treating BOG as different because it is all indoor seating? I wonder if folks will be allowed to carry their drink out.

I believe they did it as the PPO crowd was coming in droves and just ordering a fruit plate to share just to get a jump on 7DMT. So Disney found a way to stop that, but in typical Disney fashion, they went for the jugular.....

Yup.

I am going to guesstimate that the whole place is going to prix fix soon.

We've never done breakfast and refuse to. We pay OOP so there's no deal and even if we were on the DDP the food pics I've seen don't look very good. We are doing lunch and dinner next trip since we enjoyed dinner there last trip.

I am now a thousand times more excited about our BOG lunch later this month! (And, I'm super grateful we added the QSDP becuase, otherwise, this lunch would be more than our Sci-Fi lunch!)

I was reading this post a minute ago and here is the thoughts as they went through my head: "Cool, I'm ok starting off my morning with a Mimosa or a peach bellini. That would go good with my pastry as hubby eats his expensive breakfast.. $10 i'm on vacation so what.. WAIT breakfast is now $28!?!? oh screw that I'm telling hubby he's SOL on BOG."

So once hubby is done moaning and groaning there will be two open ADRs for PPO on 10/25.

Touring Plans came thru in the clutch and got me a PPO BOG ADR.. and thank goodness for the dining plan, cus with the 3 of us would be $84 plus cost of drinks... for a breakfast!!! yikes

I have a PPO ADR. DS is a carb eater, especially for breakfast, so the pastries will more than suffice. I'm not a huge breakfast eater myself. Can I order a single kids' breakfast (and who are we kidding - maybe a mimosa for me, too) and receive the assorted pastries? Do the kids' entrees come with fewer/different pastries?

I have a PPO ADR. DS is a carb eater, especially for breakfast, so the pastries will more than suffice. I'm not a huge breakfast eater myself. Can I order a single kids' breakfast (and who are we kidding - maybe a mimosa for me, too) and receive the assorted pastries? Do the kids' entrees come with fewer/different pastries?

I've been solo, ordered a kids breakfast and received a full pastry tray in the past.

I've been solo, ordered a kids breakfast and received a full pastry tray in the past.
Thank you! Aside from being the most economical approach, it will also eliminate a lot of wasted food. $15 for breakfast for 2 (adult beverage aside) seems like a pretty good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter