Beer Mug Question

minniemouse1

DIS Veteran
On our last cruise we purchased the glass beer mug for refills and it was in our room when we boarded. For our upcoming cruise do I bring the mug with us or do I have to buy another one?

I really have no interest in having another since it is so large but my husband liked some of the beers on tap and it was a deal with the huge mug of beer he would get.

I thought I had read years ago that the same mug could be used on another cruise but cannot seem to find that thread again or if policies have changed like with the cove cards.

Thank you for any info you may have.

Just did this last week. You just bring the one you have back on board. Otherwise you would have to buy another.

Funny, I'm looking forward to getting a 2nd one so we have two and a "set".
You wouldn't have to take the mug at the end, you could just take the card to keep for a future cruise if you wanted. Somehow I ended up with a mug and a card, not intentionally.

We are purchasing another mug also- gotta have multiples to complete the "set". We keep them in the freezer so that they're always frosty. :drinking1

Reactions: JWG

I now have two mugs and one mug card. I have already packed the mug card for the EBPC cruise departing Friday. We fly to San Diego tomorrow.

When we are finished with our beer we trade the mug for the card. You can keep bringing the card back (for now) without having to buy another mug. Way easier to pack, but if they ever end the program we'll have a useless card instead of nice DCL mug... :laughing:

I know that the mug gets you the 22 oz for the 16 oz price... What is the 16oz price?
Thanks!

On our last cruise we purchased the glass beer mug for refills and it was in our room when we boarded. For our upcoming cruise do I bring the mug with us or do I have to buy another one?

You can bring it. Next time you can just keep the card. (although I always forget where mine is and have to buy it again)

I know that the mug gets you the 22 oz for the 16 oz price... What is the 16oz price?
Thanks!

Depends on the bar and brand.

21 oz if there is no head and it's filled to the top. Confirmed with a graduated cylinder by me just a few weeks ago. Prices vary from place to place and beer to beer.

I'll pack my graduated cylinder for our upcoming cruise to be sure I'm getting every ounce.:drinking1

I'll pack my graduated cylinder for our upcoming cruise to be sure I'm getting every ounce.:drinking1

I did it here at home because of a question in our cruise group. I plan on confirming the DOTD next week while onboard as well. You know, sacrifices for science and all that. ;)

I did it here at home because of a question in our cruise group. I plan on confirming the DOTD next week while onboard as well. You know, sacrifices for science and all that. ;)
Just think, future cruisers will thank you for your sacrifice. :rolleyes:

We took the mug home because we thought it was our last time on DCL and did not know I could just take the card if we knew we were returning. I may just buy another mug then we will have a set. Thank you everyone for the input. does anyone know if they have changed the mug design?

We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday, and the beer mug still looks like this. If you get it by the pools, they give you a blue plastic one instead, but you can swap it out at any of the other bars for the glass one.

DCL-Refillable-Beer-Mug-373x500.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter