Beer mug

Skpnwa

Earning My Ears
Hi! The beer mug package isn’t available for purchase (which my husband was planning to get in order to have a second mug at home).

We do have one mug at home. He could pack it but he is concerned that there won’t be enough mugs in “rotation” that he will get a mug every time? Hopefully I am making sense. Basically he wants to ensure he has a mug to bring back home.

We are cruising in mid-December. Should we chance it and see if they are selling the mug at the bars and purchase upon boarding?

Are they honoring the beer mug pour prices even with no package?

Thanks
Kristen

I just got off the Dream 12/1 and they sold the packages at the bars and were advertising it on deck. One of the bartenders did say they’re getting new mugs soon. I forgot to take mine home, but kept my token.

Last edited:
Just disembarked the Fantasy this past Saturday (12/3) and they were not selling the mugs, nor were they honoring the beer cards that I have always used in the past. Their reasoning is that there is a shortage of these 20oz beer mugs. This was a disappointment.

While I did see people using these mugs while on board, my guess is that they brought the mugs from home and just carried them around wherever they wanted a beer and brought them back to their room to rinse out.

Just disembarked the Fantasy this past Saturday (12/3) and they were not selling the mugs, nor were they honoring the beer cards that I have always used in the past. Their reasoning is that there is a shortage of these 20oz beer mugs. This was a disappointment.

While I did see people using these mugs while on board, my guess is that they brought the mugs from home and just carried them around wherever they wanted a beer and brought them back to their room to rinse out.
This is very helpful - thank you!

Wow, crazy how different our experience was on two different ships in the same week! I’m guessing they’re just not restocking once people take them home since the new ones are supposedly coming. I also got the plastic blue ones at Cove Bar…wish I remembered to bring mine home!

We’ll be on the Wish for the first time in January. I already have two clear glass and one blue plastic DCL beer mugs. I was hoping for the Wish mug that I have seen pictured in some trip reports. I think I read that those are now sold out. Hoping for something once we are onboard, since it’s unlikely my mug card from prior cruises will work on the Wish.

We’ll be on the Wish for the first time in January. I already have two clear glass and one blue plastic DCL beer mugs. I was hoping for the Wish mug that I have seen pictured in some trip reports. I think I read that those are now sold out. Hoping for something once we are onboard, since it’s unlikely my mug card from prior cruises will work on the Wish.
Your mug card from prior cruises will work on the Wish. They're giving out the same generic tokens as every other ship in the fleet. The beer mug was not being restocked according to the bar crew as they had sold out.

Yep, we got off the Fantasy on 11/26 and I didn't see a single one on board. They have those new souvenir glasses where you can get the drink of the day though. I have 3 of those 20 oz. mugs already and was hoping to get #4, but no dice.

Your mug card from prior cruises will work on the Wish. They're giving out the same generic tokens as every other ship in the fleet. The beer mug was not being restocked according to the bar crew as they had sold out.
We did a cruise on the Fantasy and then two days later a cruise on the Wish in the summer. My husband had bought a mug on the Fantasy and was told by a CM that he could “probably” use his card on the Wish. We didn’t risk it and took the mug. He bought another mug/card on the Wish and the card/token was NOT the same and we were told they would not have accepted his card from the Fantasy. If I recall correctly, when you buy the mug ahead of time it does state something about “for the duration of your cruise”. Although we have brought our card from cruise to cruise - that is not the intent and does NOT have to be honoured.

Last edited:
This is NOT accurate. I brought my token with me onto the Wish, they had new tokens that said WISH on them and new mugs. They would not accept the token from the Magic/Dream ships and I had to purchase a new one.

I had my "OG" green beer mug token honored on the Wish this summer. I turned in my mug on the last night of my Wish sailing and received a brown Wish token. On my November Dream sailing, that brown token was honored. I now have an "OG" green token, which I hope will be honored on my upcoming Magic sailing.

I had my "OG" green beer mug token honored on the Wish this summer. I turned in my mug on the last night of my Wish sailing and received a brown Wish token. On my November Dream sailing, that brown token was honored. I now have an "OG" green token, which I hope will be honored on my upcoming Magic sailing.
I would definitely call this a YMMV situation then. No guarantees either way.

This is NOT accurate. I brought my token with me onto the Wish, they had new tokens that said WISH on them and new mugs. They would not accept the token from the Magic/Dream ships and I had to purchase a new one.
I was on four weeks ago B2B. The situation may have changed since then but it was absolutely the case recently, old mugs, old tokens, new mugs sold out (they had 4 left which disappeared day 1)

Last edited:
So it sounds like we have 1st hand info of the Wish and the Fantasy running out of physical mugs within the last 2-4 weeks. Any other ship updates? The Dream had mugs mid November

I just booked a fantasy cruise. The guy told me they have suspended the beer mug program currently on all ships.

Worth noting as well, My OG beer mug was not accepted on the WISH. I bought the new Wish mug.

That sucks...I'm on the Dream in 30 days, I hope they have the mugs...I have my token ready to go!

I was on the Wonder over the weekend, and my mug card was happily accepted. The only surprise were the number of empty taps at Crown and Fin. A good half of them were unused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter