• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beer

When I have the few beers that I have during the year, I prefer a Guinness. If at this one restaurant we go to a few times a year, I'll have a Poet Oatmeal Stout. Nothing special for the seasons.

And I'm fine with a once-in-awhile Bud or Miller Light.

Costco had a case of Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzan I picked up a few weeks ago. Dh and I are enjoying that for a while. Both of us had one tonight with dinner. 🍻

Had some Left Hand Milk Stout at WDW last month - both at the Enchanted Rose and the Ale & Compass lounge. Right now in my fridge I have Great Lakes Elliot Ness (I was born in Cleveland), and local brews Legend Brown Ale (Richmond, VA) and Midnight Brewery Not My Job English Brown Ale (Rockville, VA). Had Guinness at the local Irish pub a few days ago.

Had some German Oktoberfest beers the other weekend at a local German restaurant (Hacker Pschorr and Paulaner). I'll be in Switzerland for the next week+ trying to drink as local as possible.
At some point I'll need a Pumpkinhead with a cinnamon sugar rim.

Gave up on Sam's Octoberfest several years ago - they may as well put pumpkin spice in it at this point IMO.
I was also late on the IPA bandwagon and I am pretty much done with IPAs as well now - when I did drink them I like Lord Hobo and Vodo ranger also Clown Shoes.

Currently I am drinking several of the festbiers - they are the unofficial Oktoberfest beers. So Tucher and Weihenstephaner.

I also like Paulaner and Hoffbrau house Oktober fests in the 5 liter kegs.
At HHN Ill be brining the Dufftoberfest as well as the Hacker Pschorr.

When I can get it I do enjoy Berliner Kindle with the raspberry syrup, don't like the woodruff syrup.
Also when I can get it I do like the black lagers in Czech republic - or any beers there really.

I also enjoy a good pint of Guinness (or 10) but I refuse to pay $9 for it.

Also surprisingly good IMO was Trooper - a beer from Iron Maiden. I am not a fan of iron maiden and dont trust any celebrity alcohols

My current is from Burial Beer - Emotional Cadence and Despondent Vocabulary. It’s an IPA with lactose - my favorite type of beer. The lactose takes the bite out of the hops and gives it a softer taste. This one is really good, so good that I bought a case after enjoying the 4 pack. 😂

Burial has good beer, just out there names and can art.

I've had one beer in my life, at the Guinness Storehouse in Ireland. Didn't really care for it.

I'm more of an umbrella drink person.

I don't really drink much, but last night I did have a Yuengling Lager while watching the Phillies game. I don't really care for craft beers or whatever. If I'm going to have a beer, I just want a *beer,* you know?

Because I’m in the Bay Area this week visiting family it’s Trumer Pils. The absolute best Pilsner out there!! can’t get it back East so enjoying it while I can🍺

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter