• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Before I royally mess things up...Should I make my own account?

CT Disney

DIS Veteran
My DH is a non-florida CM and I always travel with him to WDW. But, this summer I will be visiting without him for the very first time.

Right now, our only My Disney Experience account is under his name. I am listed under his "Friends & Family List" with the description "plans managed by me" (meaning that my plans are managed by him).

Currently, we both have a few CM comp tickets assigned to our names. I'm not sure it this makes anything more complicated.

Before I mess anything up, I wanted to understand the best way to go about things. Should I set up my own My Disney Experience account? If I do that, how will the system know that I am the same person with tickets currently being managed under my husband's account?

I am visiting Disney this summer with my sister and her kids. This is their first visit in 15 years or so. I want to make things as straight-forward and manageable as possible from a systems and IT perspective as I'm sure I'll be the one steering the ship. Help :)

Just broke out my son's and husband's accounts for the Galactic Starcruiser last night. I had been managing them. Here's a good explanation of what to do. It wasn't very difficult. Once you get the invite and it says to login, you will need to create an account. Be sure to setup your account, ie payment method, pin, plan sharing, spam preferences. Also verify that your park reservations, hotel reservations, ADRs, and most importantly, tickets, are all correct. These instructions are applicable to adults who have managed accounts too. Be sure to login into MDE, app or website, with your new account info, if you were using your husband's account info before. Let me know if you have questions. I don't know about the comp tickets though. Sorry.

https://touringplans.com/blog/should-your-kids-have-their-own-my-disney-experience-accounts/

Just broke out my son's and husband's accounts for the Galactic Starcruiser last night. I had been managing them. Here's a good explanation of what to do. It wasn't very difficult. Once you get the invite and it says to login, you will need to create an account. Be sure to setup your account, ie payment method, pin, plan sharing, spam preferences. Also verify that your park reservations, hotel reservations, ADRs, and most importantly, tickets, are all correct. These instructions are applicable to adults who have managed accounts too. Be sure to login into MDE, app or website, with your new account info, if you were using your husband's account info before. Let me know if you have questions. I don't know about the comp tickets though. Sorry.

https://touringplans.com/blog/should-your-kids-have-their-own-my-disney-experience-accounts/
Thank you for this!!

Do you happen to know if, in lieu of setting up my own account, I’d be able to keep things as they are currently set up? (ie: can I add the hotel reservation to my husbands mde account even though I’m the only one staying and the reservation is solely in my name?)

The reason I ask is that I think this will be my only trip without him. I hate to change anything in our current set up because it works really well for our trips together.

I guess I’m just asking if I can simply log into his account and do all my reservations, genie plus, ILL, etc stuff through there.

I don't know how the system reacts if the lead guest on a resort reservation is a managed profile....

Thank you for this!!

Do you happen to know if, in lieu of setting up my own account, I’d be able to keep things as they are currently set up? (ie: can I add the hotel reservation to my husbands mde account even though I’m the only one staying and the reservation is solely in my name?)

The reason I ask is that I think this will be my only trip without him. I hate to change anything in our current set up because it works really well for our trips together.

I guess I’m just asking if I can simply log into his account and do all my reservations, genie plus, ILL, etc stuff through there.
I would be leery of this, but I owned the account originally and have always been the lead on reservations. If you were making a new reservation, then it might work. It sounds like you already made the res though.

Thank you for this!!

I think you will need your own account if he will not be with you. But it won’t change anything for when you guys travel together. You guys will still be able to plan from his account for both of you. For the longest time, my husband didn’t have his own account and was just listed in mine as plans managed by me. Then he got his own account, and it merged with the same one that was listed in my account. I still do all the plans for him, but he can log in to his own account and see the plans as well (and potentially make some if he wanted). But you can’t just add an existing reservation to someone’s account whose name is not on the reservation. So your trip without him won’t work from his account.

Why don’t you just add his name to the resort reservation ?
I always add my daughters name and also let her manage the kids Genie plans while she is at home working and we’re having the fun .

Get your own and link them- they literally act the same way if they are a sub account or a linked account- call them for help if you want to make sure it’s done right-

But linked will be far easier to manage separately

Why don’t you just add his name to the resort reservation ?
I always add my daughters name and also let her manage the kids Genie plans while she is at home working and we’re having the fun .

Thank you to everyone who responded!

I can not add him to the reservation as he is a non-florida cast member and I am staying under the cast friends and family discount that was specifically booked through his employee/cast hub. Adding him to the reservation would probably mess things up because there is a different (better) discount category for when cast members are staying in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter