Before or After Memorial Day Weekend?

FunkDoC

Insane Mouse Posse
What do you think? If you had to guess, would the Disney parks be more crowded the week leading into Memorial Day...or the week following it?

We are flying down on the 22 so I hope that the week after is more crowded. Our children go to a private Christian school and they are getting out about a week ahead of the other area schools. Combine the end of the school year and the fact that Gay Days will bring in a lot during Memorial Day week I figure that after Memorial Day will be more crowded. Also, the Unofficial Guide shows a spike in attendance that occurs after Memorial Day.

We will be there there during Memorial Week. It sounds like Monday will be crowded but a lot of kids are still in school during that week. Other people who have been there that week say it's not bad after Monday. We will spend that day at the Beach Club pool rather than in the parks. From the research I have done, it really starts to pick up that following week as you get to mid-June. I did schedule the parks so we don't have to worry about the crowds of people there for Gay Days. I do think the week before would be less crowded because even fewer kids are done with the school year.:earsboy:

Sweet!

I am assuming that the week before that will hopefully be even a little less crowded. We are actually heading home on the 28th as the Memorial Weekend traffic is coming in. We are going on the 14th and plan to do Disney the 17th-21st, then Universal/IoA from the 24th-28th. I am hoping that this will give us the smallest crowds possible. We also scheduled each park out to miss the EMH days for the parks as we are not staying onsite. I just could not do it this year when we were able to nail down a rental home for 2 weeks for $700 total.

I am not upset about missing Gay Day's by any means. I would rather not have to explain to my 7yo daughter why those two grown men are all over each other while we are in line for Dumbo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter