Before our Family of Three Becomes Four...a trip to the World.

Snowflakegirl1981

Earning My Ears
This past August, DH and I took our two year old son H to the World for his first trip. We spent almost a week in the Orlando area as our little family of three and then checked into Animal Kingdom for a week. We joined our best friends and their daughter who is just a few months only than H and had two days in the parks with them before my parents joined us. Our best friends left three days later and we had two and a half days with my parents before we left. It was an INCREDIBLE trip full of magic and memories. And definitely our last trip for a few years.

Fast forward to early January. We’re both tired and ready for a vacation from work. I’m 14 weeks pregnant and we’re talking about trying to taking a little family “babymoon” as our last trip as a family of three. Looking at random airfare I realized a trip to FL might be a possibility, but I wasn’t sure if it made sense. A few days later we get a pin code for a pretty good deal. And then we start talking...it’ll be the last time H will not need a ticket...we didn’t have any time in the parks as just our family of three during our trip in August...it’s some place that will have enough to keep him entertained and enjoy a family vacation while still including enough stuff for me to be able to do while pregnant...I’ve been to the Flower and Garden Festival before and know DH would love it and have been talking about getting there for it at soem point...and suddenly we decide to book a quick trip to the World for my April break. I have *never* thought of, booked and planned a trip so close to the trip date before, so that was a new experience for me.

Trying to be a little economical for this unexpected trip, we booked at Pop Century. I’ve stayed there once before, but it’ll be a new experience for my DH who has only stayed at AKL for his two trips. We thought H would like the larger than life theming.

We'll be flying in super early on Saturday and spending a low key day around the hotel. Parks Sunday through Thursday. Then another low key hotel, swimming and shopping day on Friday and fly back home Saturday morning. Giving DH and I some time to recoup on Sunday before our return to work.

We are planning dinners at Boma, Restaurant Marrakesh, Sanaa, and Biergarten, and breakfasts at Garden Grill (our first time), Hollywood and Vine (our first time...our son *loves* Jake), and Tusker House. We’re looking forward to eating our way through the Outdoor Kitchens at Flower and Garden Festival for lunches when we’re in Epcot. We’re planning to meet up with a good friend who lives in the area for a day or two of the trip … and she’s planning to watch H for us one evening so we can have a date night dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh. We’re also hoping to work out meeting up for a meal with a college friend who is now a CM, and a friend of the family who lives in the area. And I’m looking forward to watching my little monkey, who is still talking about Disney World seven months later, get to experience the Disney Magic and make new memories again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter