Behind the Attractions on Disney+

FlightlessDuck

Y kant Donald fly?
Watched the first two episodes of this on Disney+. I was disappointed by the first one because it felt liked a glorified commercial for the Jungle Cruise movie. But The Haunted Mansion episode was more focused on the attraction. Really excited to watch the Star Tours one next.

I'm also surprised Dwayne Johnson is labeled as an executive producer. Maybe just because of the Jungle Cruise episode?

Anyone else see any of these?

Dwayne Johnson is listed as executive producer on all of the episodes. We really enjoyed the episodes and are hoping there are more to come!

I watch the whole series and enjoyed them. I have seen comments in other threads that other people were really disappointed.

I think the comparison between parks for the same ride is very cool info. The Space Mountain legacy was a new one for me.

My family and I watched them all and really enjoyed them. I liked the light-hearted, comical tone to the episodes, though I know that others, like Craig, really hated it. I'm a big fan of Yesterworld and Bright Sun videos on YouTube, which tend to take a more serious tone to these subjects, but I think Disney was going for a wider audience with this series.

Made it through 1/2 of the Star Tours one and shut it off. Disney ripped off the style of "The Toys That Made Us", but switched out the male host for a female. Because that makes it, you know, totally different, right? Awful series... won't be going back for the others.

Made it through 1/2 of the Star Tours one and shut it off. Disney ripped off the style of "The Toys That Made Us", but switched out the male host for a female. Because that makes it, you know, totally different, right? Awful series... won't be going back for the others.

Well, the same producer/director, Brian Volk-Weiss, created The Toys/Movies that Made Us AND Behind the Attraction, so the similiarities are to be expected. Disney hired him because of that voice, so it's not ripped off at all. Now, personally, I am not the biggest fan of that style, so I haven't yet watched it.

Well, the same producer/director, Brian Volk-Weiss, created The Toys/Movies that Made Us AND Behind the Attraction, so the similiarities are to be expected. Disney hired him because of that voice, so it's not ripped off at all. Now, personally, I am not the biggest fan of that style, so I haven't yet watched it.
Not missing much. Trouble is that they aren't using Brian, but have a woman narrating it, so it's not that they were looking for the same voice. My trouble is that Disney has the potential to be far more original than just using someone else's format for a show. Without knowing that they wee using the same producer, the Disney version still feels more disjointed.

We have really enjoyed the first 5 episodes in the series and are looking forward to more. It's informative, entertaining, and 'light' viewing. We already knew some of the information, but have also learned a few new things - always good to learn new things! We've also LOL'd a few times which is good, especially at a time when so many negative things dominate the TV. Also find the cultural differences at the various Disney parks fascinating, and how the attractions had to morph to fit local tastes and beliefs.

Dwayne Johnson has produced a number of things. He's pretty good at it!

My family and I watched them all and really enjoyed them. I liked the light-hearted, comical tone to the episodes, though I know that others, like Craig, really hated it. I'm a big fan of Yesterworld and Bright Sun videos on YouTube, which tend to take a more serious tone to these subjects, but I think Disney was going for a wider audience with this series.
I think the intent of this type of narration is meant to draw families, younger children, pre teens and teens to capture their attention to it as opposed to documentary like narration. that's my feeling. so if you don't have children to watch altogether as a family i can understand that view point craig has.

I enjoyed it and thought it had some information that I didn't know. Really enjoyed the Haunted mansion, Star Tours and the Transportation one. Well done and I like the humor that was in it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter