Bell Services to hold bags at Good Neighbor Hotels?

mzozzietj

Next trip: July 2024
Our trip is next week and our flight home isn't until 11pm. Our current plan is to take a car service so we won't have a car to store anything in after check out time. My plan is to store our luggage with Bell Services but then I realized I don't even know if all of the hotels/motels have Bell Services and are willing/able to store luggage on check out day.

Can anyone share their experience? We are specifically staying at the Fairfield Inn Anaheim but figured I'd keep the post title more open incase others had the same question about their own hotels.

If there are no bell services at this hotel, any other options for bag storage? I could look into extending our hotel another night but didn't think of it before now...

Thanks for sharing your insight!

I just stayed at Tropicana Hotel and yes they do have a bag storage area. They put tags on the bags and wheeled them to the locked room and gave me the redeem part of the tag.

Motel 6 Maingate also have the same set up, a locked room and they give you a tag.

Desert Inn and Springs have lockers, but my bag was too big for the locker. They brought it to a locked storage room near the lockers.

Courtyard Front Entrance, right by the Fairfield, has done that for us before at least two times when we've done an early check out and went to the parks before our late afternoon flight. Most hotels should have this service but I would call the hotels you're interested in and ask just to be sure. I could see the smaller motels not really offering this. Trying to think back to when we stayed at the HoJo and I believe they did that as well. I believe the Grand Legacy did it as well as they have a decent sized lobby and they put our bags in a locked room near the front desk.

Last edited:
I did finally get through direct to the property, kept getting re-routed to central number when initially tried. The Fairfield Anaheim will also hold bags incase anyone else was wondering about this property.

Thanks so much for the other replies!

If you only have carry on bags you can bring them into Downtown Disney and there are large lockers near the picnic area to the left of the Disneyland entrance. We did that on our last trip because our hotel was a far walk and just wanted get a taxi right outside the park to go to the area.

But SEVERAL cast members told us we couldn't bring out luggage into the park. "Thank You" (WE KNOW HA).

If you only have carry on bags you can bring them into Downtown Disney and there are large lockers near the picnic area to the left of the Disneyland entrance. We did that on our last trip because our hotel was a far walk and just wanted get a taxi right outside the park to go to the area.

But SEVERAL cast members told us we couldn't bring out luggage into the park. "Thank You" (WE KNOW HA).
Good tip! But I just wanted to make sure, are the lockers big enough to hold a small wheeled suitcase that fits in the overhead bin of the airplane? Are there usually plenty available? Thanks!

Add Best Western Park Place Inn to the list of hotels/motels that will store your luggage. Called them this morning after reading this thread to make sure I'd have a place to put my bags while I went to the parks.

Every single hotel I've ever stayed at has been fine holding on to bags for you. If hotel doesn't have a bell desk, the check in staff can still put your stuff in the back storage closet and give you a claim tag. That said, this particular Fairfield is a weird exception to many rules such as not having breakfast despite free breakfast being a thing among the Fairfield Inn brand.

I'd give the hotel a call just to check.

Every single hotel I've ever stayed at has been fine holding on to bags for you. If hotel doesn't have a bell desk, the check in staff can still put your stuff in the back storage closet and give you a claim tag.

While I typically agree, there are indeed in fact a few of the hotels around the DL resort that do NOT offer any form of bag storage based on other user reports. Don't have the list off hand bit it is a thing.

Fairfield does have bag storage...we use that all the time.

Hotel Lulu will hold bags. I called to verify as I have a red-eye home next Friday.

You know, I've always been really chillax about storing our bags at with the front desk /bellmans desk. Almost all hotels do it. But in recent years, I've seen some pretty crappy stuff that has made me waaay more paranoid about it:

1. When I stayed at the Luxor a couple years ago, the person in front of me, coming back to get her bag, had it stolen. She had a claim ticket and everything.

2. When I stayed in NYC a few years ago at a very upscale hotel, I arrived very early after a redeye and spent most of my morning in the club lounge. The front desk took my bag for me and gave me a tag. When I came out after lunch (about 4 hours later) my bag was still sitting right beside the check in counter, in the same spot i left it. .. unattended. Good God! I went back to ask if my room was ready and they said No. I asked why my bag was sitting out unattended. They apologized. I got my bag back, and asked if they could get my room ready. It was ready 20 mins later... !

3. Also in NYC, this time my bag was checked at the Bellman's desk, in an area of the hotel on the ground level, right off the street. No tags. Visible behind the desk. People were just walking in off the street and pointing at the bag they wanted to pick up. Uggggh!

Most of the time, everything is fine. Your stuff can get stolen from your room, too - so there's always going to be some bad experiences. But it begs the question: who is liable for your checked bag at a hotel - especially if it's tagged and goes missing???

In relation to your other points, I always stay a few minutes to make sure my bag is actually moved to a locked room.
I always have a lock on my main checked bag and I move items from my carry on bag to the locked bag.
I also open and check my bags before leaving the front desk area after getting my bags back.

But it begs the question: who is liable for your checked bag at a hotel - especially if it's tagged and goes missing???
The hotel is. Giving you a tag / ticket is the hotel taking responsibility.

So I got a "upcoming stay" email from the fairfield inn this morning and found this was a nice option (if available) as well. Particular for those of us with red eye flights who may want to have a place to rest/relax for a couple hours in the afternoon.

"Late Check-out
Our normal checkout time is 11 am. A late checkout until 3 pm is available for $40 plus tax. If you checkout between 3pm and 5pm the fee is $70 plus tax. Checking out after 5pm results in an additional nightly rate added."

Obviously that's substantially more expensive than tipping Bell Services but it's another option for sure! Figured i'd share as it's much less than paying for an extra night.

So I got a "upcoming stay" email from the fairfield inn this morning and found this was a nice option (if available) as well. Particular for those of us with red eye flights who may want to have a place to rest/relax for a couple hours in the afternoon.

"Late Check-out
Our normal checkout time is 11 am. A late checkout until 3 pm is available for $40 plus tax. If you checkout between 3pm and 5pm the fee is $70 plus tax. Checking out after 5pm results in an additional nightly rate added."

Obviously that's substantially more expensive than tipping Bell Services but it's another option for sure! Figured i'd share as it's much less than paying for an extra night.

I'd love a 5pm checkout option! That gives you almost a full day at the park, with some time to clean up before you leave!

Last time we stayed at the Holiday Inn on Manchester they would NOT store our bags. -We got lucky and they were able to check us in early, so it was a non issue, but that is never a guarantee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter