• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Belle New Look On The Way

Honestly, I like the new dress more than the other one. Yeah, the color is off, but the new ones looks more delicate and flowy, much like the movie, instead of big, bulky and stiff.

I never really liked the old ball gown because it didn't match the movie in my opinion. Again, the color was right, but the look and feel always seemed off to me.

This is exactly my thoughts on the subject. The color is off, but I think that's because the "gold" dress of the movie tends to be understood as yellow and this dress is way more on the traditional gold side. However, I think this dress looks 100 times more realistic than the weird tubes and turns of the old dress. This is a much clearer transition of how one would actually build the dress from the movie. If only we could get that color fixed, maybe somewhere inbetween the two?

I like it. The hair needs an accent, but the curls are pretty and more natural looking. I think this hairstyle is much closer to the younger age of Belle.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

These don't even look like the same princess to me.

I actually don't hate the bun, but mostly because the other hairstyle was IMPOSSIBLE as a parent to replicate for my daughter, where as I can do the bun much more easily. (Yes, it's a silly reason, but isn't that part of the point? Allowing our daughters to be princesses, too?) I do hate the face. It looks younger, yes, but not as "classy".

It's almost obscene to see that they are now so full-chested and with this tiny waist and all this ridiculous makeup!

Come on Disney! :( What are you telling our kids now with this "new look"???

I'm not sure we've been watching the same movies or looking at the same products because Disney has ALWAYS had decently busted women with tiny tiny waists. In fact, When Pochahontas first came out, people were furious that the 14yr old girl who was well known for being "thick" and short was portrayed as a 20 something, 6' tall 100lb woman. Their dolls have always had very similar if not the same shape as the barbie dolls because I used to switch the clothing back and forth between them and my daughter does the same, now. (And Barbies now are supposedly more "full figured".)

I'm not arguing that the newer changes are more make up and less classic looking, but they are and have always been super skinny, busty women. Always.

Just for once, I'd like to see a size 12 princess. (Or, transversely, a larger women that isn't a mother, bully or a bad guy.)

My first instinct was "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!" :confused3

Looking at the pictures it's not really that bad. If they were changing the princesses and they looked NOTHING like themselves, I would have a huge problem. As they are now and "updated" I don't love it, but I think it'll grow on me.

Agreed. Plus, if Cinderella and Pocahontas magically met, that'd be anachronism. Most of the princesses come from different time periods and it goes completely against the integrity of their stories to have them meet, even if it's for a silly kid's show.

One word: magic.

I really love the new park dress. Much better than that weird yellow dress with crazy tubing. I do wish they'd left off some of the lace though, it's sort of odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter