• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ben & Ashley's PJ 07/01/09

DisneyBenny

Earning My Ears
Hi guys 1st post and thread on here. Ive been poking around the past couple of days on the board and looking at all the different DFTW that have happened. TO be honest, im in envy lol. As a strange twist of fate would have most of the research and planning details have fallen upon me for the this joyous occasion. I always believed that all i would have to do is say "Ok" or "If it's what you want Baby then its what you'll get".
As it would be we are in the preliminary planning stages of our DFTW and would love to get advice, and talk story from others that have done the DFTW. it is something that we both want and are really pushing for so please, spare no details, im in the Army so i have plenty of free time to read everything everyone posts on here. Thanks in advance guys and gals =) :surfweb:

Welcome aboard! This is a wonderful forum with the nicest people you'll meet anywhere, so ask a gazillion questions and we'll all do our best to find answers for you. :thumbsup2

Looks like you have a date in mind. Are you just starting to research locations? Do you know yet whether you'll do an Escape or Wishes wedding? Does your fiance have any preferences yet?

Hi and welcome!!!!
Ive asked tons of questions and these ladies are amazing!!! Please ask away if u need!!!

:welcome:

It looks like you will be getting married on my birthday! Nice choice!:thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I just realized, I will be honeymooning when you have your wedding! Just a heads up though, the rates for the the 29-7 go up a bit because its the forth of july...my uncle mentioned that to us we didnt realize...

Where do you plan on getting married? WP? or a select location?

YAY! So awesome!!! Do you want a early wedding or afternoon? I have my prices(average prices) for my date (6/30) if you want me to share :)

First and foremost thank all of you for your warm welcome onto the forum. I see that most people start out with their story so here is our story (might wanna get some coffee or tea its pretty long)

A little about us. Me (Ben), is a 25 y/o New Jersey Native, and have one 5 y/o son from a previous relationship named Anthony. Currently serving in the US Army and sationed in hawaii with 2nd BDE, 25th ID, and work with the Field Artillery. I may look mean but im a softee and a kid at heart. Her (Ashley) is a little, she's only 4'11", blonde texan. she is currently in school to get her BA in Education so she can be teacher, she hopes to teach 4th grade with an emphasis in special education.Ashley is currently employed with Bill Millers BBQ in San Antonio, TX. While i have been to WDW many times she has never been but she is the biggest Pooh fan i have ever seen, she even named her dog, a Chihuahua, after him. So the DFTW will be many first for the both of us most importantly being her first trip ever to the world.

So on to how we met. Well one night i was sitting in my buddies house playing with his daughter, when his wife comes over and shoves the phone next to my ear and says "say hello". so i gingerly reply "uhhhh hello" and i hear the tiny sandy squirrel like voice on the other end say "howdy" and that was that for now. so next thing i know i have a new friend request on myspace (whatever bad things you ahve heard about it arent true) and its this little blonde girl from Texas. so i add her as a friend and we comment back in forth over the next few days. after about a week of this, btw this was may of last year (07), i have to head into the field for about 11 days of no fun training so Ashley give me her number and i take off for the field the next day. after a long day of training they finally release us for bed around 9 pm HST so after her friend bugging me all day to call her and said that Ash was waiting for my call i called her and what do you know she was asleep. so we talk till my phone dies about 2 1/2 hrs so this continues and i have a bad day got blamed for something that wasnt even my fault and she goes out of her way and stays up till 3 am her time to call me and check on me....and thats when she had me. so after this i decide that im gonna go to Texas in july...oh boy a northerner in the deep south. Let me tell you it was and adventure just getting there i spent almost 2 days in the Space-A terminal trying to get off this rock and when i finally i get off Ashley buys me a ticket to SATX just so she can see me and we haven't even physically met yet. so i finally get there on the 1st of July 07, and it was love at first sight :hug: :love: i got of the plane went down the terminal and gave her a big kiss and we were on our way, 2 days later we had our first romantic dinner at the Tower of Americas, which by the way is a must for anyone that visits SATX, and later that night we professed our love for one another and knew from then on we had something special. Since then we have been together and we have both made several trips to visit each other, her twice out here me once out there and we drove up to my parents house for Christmas so she could meet my family, who all love her. So i kind of popped the question informally about 2 months ago and she agreed and we set our wedding date for our 2 year anniversary of meeting each other face to face for the first time because of the sentimental value it has to us
so yeah thats our story in a nutshell :)
so i guess my first big question to ask would be, how easy is it to work with the co-ordinators and how far out can you start working with them to save your date?

You can begin to book a year in advance. So, you can book your date (which by the way is so awesoe that you want the wedding date on YOUR ANNIVERSARY I LOVE IT!)exactly a year before your wedding. Have you visited www.disneyweddings.com yet? They give an entire outline of the events. They even send out your save the dates which I think is fabulous.

Will you be able to plan a site visit before or soon after July 1?

sure that would be awesome TYVM =)

Okay, for the wedding pavillion with tax comes to around 2662.50
The living seas is 532.50 rental fee and that does not include food
We are doing the illuminations dessert party which is 13.80 a head (around)
the basic menu for 28.12
and the outdoor set up fee will be around 80
Thats about all I have for mine, but it all depends on whehter you want a morning ceremony or after noon. For that date, when did you land off the plane? Perhaps you can book the ceremony around then as an added sentiment?

Also, are you doing escape or wishes?

Thnaks for the price quotes. We are doing wishes (its her big day so why not splurge a little...well alot in this case) and we, and by we i mean me lol, have already registered for the wish book so we can get rough estimates onhow much we are looking at. only wish that the consultants would be avaible maybe 18 months out =/

The wishbook is greatbut it really doesnt hit the nail on the head. You may want less food, and think you've reached your minimum and now you have to figure something else back out...

Have you called disney yet? With your situation I would get talking to someone asap and explain the situation, you never know they MAY make an acception...

Anything else I can help you withlet me know. There are some amazing people on this board and they've helped calm my worries and nerves BEYOND what i had hoped!

And Congratulations... We will be getting married the day before you so anything that goes wrong, we'll give you the heads up!

Tell ur df to come on here as well so that we can chat!

She'll be on here later on today shes at work right =( and im stuck on 24 hr duty lol. but i will try and give disney a call later today maybe i can pull the military card

I really would its a special case... Just say you fear that since you can't get down there in time you worry you wont have that date...
Good luck! Keep us updated!

Welcome Benny! :jumping1: and congrats!!

This board has helped me out so much and I hope we can all help you! There are so many choices you can have with your wishes wedding I bet you can't wait to get started! There are other websites that I visited that gave more detailed information than the Disney wedding website.

They are:

www.mouseweddings.com

www.magicalkingdoms.com

Magical Kingdoms' website actually gives you menus that Disney uses. I don't know how up to date the prices are but at least it gives you a general idea.

Mouseweddings has great pictures of all the venues and gives you detailed descriptions.

I hope that helps!!

Yes someone on here gave me those sites and I am a daily visitor too!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter