• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Benefits for a 2 yr old @ Disney?

KJMAX1

DIS Veteran
Someone suggested we take our 2 yr old to WDW before she turned three because there are some benefits on saving money at meals and such. Can someone explain the benefits?

We would need to travel in the next 4 weeks, before she turns 3, and it just so happens my MIL is there in three weeks and would love to meet up with us there.

Do we pay for her in the parks? and what else does she get to enjoy for free or discounted? We are going again in late summer, so we need money saving tips.

The biggest benefit of all is that there is no admission for the parks until a child is 3 -- that was motivation enough for us to squeeze in a final trip last November before my DD turned 3. Now that we're going in May, we had to get her a hopper ticket which cost close to $200. I don't think there are any meal deals or anything like that, but my kids usually eat from our entrees and we all have plenty to eat.

Go now before you have to pay for her. It's the best $200 you'll ever save!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A 2yo also eats free at once price restaurants (character meals, buffets etc). Wish my two girls were under 3 still :)

Free character meals is a great reason!

At regular disney meals, do you ever have to order an entree for a child? Do they charge you for sharing? DS is a picky eater, and I hate to order meals for him because half the time he doesn't eat it. He does like to have our food though :D

t regular disney meals, do you ever have to order an entree for a child? Do they charge you for sharing?

They do not charge you for a child eating off your plate. But they will charge you for ordering him a meal.

Hi,
We are taking our two year old to wdw next month too. Just wondering if anyone knows whether we need to bring proof of age (i.e. a birth certificate) to show at the park gates, char. meals, ect. or do they just take your word for it that the child is under 3?:)
Thanks

Hi,

You've inspired me to my very first post. We took DS last November. He was 19 months and we did parks every day for a week and at least one character meal a day. All asked age, none asked for proof. We all had a great time.

Character breakfasts were his favorite. He doesn't see much tv or watch too many videos, but he knew some of the characters before we went and he quickly learned the names when they stopped by to share his meals.

Enjoy!

Just wanted to say welcome and thanks for the info. Love the name, by the way.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter