Benefits of Staying On Site

We logged in and we were going to change our reservation to POR, but CBR was now showing available for both nights! Cost is $277 per night and even DH agreed that, since the best time to go to SWGE was at the end of our trip, we would be wasting money to not check out at stay at Disney. We actually would have liked to stay Monday night as well, but it’s all booked and, at this point, I’m just grateful we could get the 2 days and use DME for transport home. I’m not loving the idea of us all in a small room, but we will have had plenty of relax time at Portofino Bay and we don’t expect to be in the room much anyway. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! The boys saw a video of the Skyliner and are incredibly excited.
POR has been my fav moderate. It has beautiful grounds, boat to Disney Springs, Carriage rides and a fun evening entertainer. However it does not have the Skyliner transportation. Only CBR, and AoA resorts have it.
We are booked at CBR in Aug to check it out. But will make time to visit POR to walk around, have a meal and catch a Bob Jackson show. I will miss not staying there.

We are currently staying off site for 8 nights at USO Club Level on points

Wowzers. We had that same trip booked in 2014 but my son and I had gotten terribly sick two weeks prior and were still recovering while at portofino. It was not as magical as it should have been. I’m so envious!

What sort of points did you use?

Are you 100% sure you can drop those two nights and keep the rate you had for the 6 nights?

It will be hard leaving Portofino Bay for a Disney moderate. Portofino is amazing.

Agreed.

I’d suck it up and get up early for DHS rather than go to CBR.

Wowzers. We had that same trip booked in 2014 but my son and I had gotten terribly sick two weeks prior and were still recovering while at portofino. It was not as magical as it should have been. I’m so envious!

Are you 100% sure you can drop those two nights and keep the rate you had for the 6 nights?

We used Chase Ultimate Rewards with our Sapphire Reserve card. It gives me the option to change the reservation, but it is a slightly higher rate for the 6 nights versus 8, so I’m glad you mentioned that. We would end up paying money to stay at Disney, but not by much. DH is still debating just staying where we are and using the room at CBR for 1 night. Will we hate commuting though? I hate the idea of using our points for club level for those days if we won’t benefit from them. I suppose if we had the room for the night, that would help? We would give up DME, though, for our trip home.

Agreed.

Agreed.

I’ll let you know! Lol. We haven’t stayed at CBR in many years. Over 10 I think. But I think Skyliner transportation may make it worth it. The WDW deluxe resort room rates are getting ridiculous. It will be 2 yrs since my last WDW stay. Because of price hikes.

I’ll let you know! Lol. We haven’t stayed at CBR in many years. Over 10 I think. But I think Skyliner transportation may make it worth it. The WDW deluxe resort room rates are getting ridiculous. It will be 2 yrs since my last WDW stay. Because of price hikes.

We stayed at the Polynesian on our last trip, but that was at a reduced rate in January and, even that was overpriced. We like staying on site at Disney, but just can’t justify paying the high a Deluxe rates anymore. When is your trip?

The commute isn't terrible-did it in September from Uni to Disney for 2 days. I rented a car for a couple days though. Worth it to not have to rely on Uber/lyft for me and daughter. We were at Universal for HHN, and didn't spend tons of time at Disney-mostly for SWGE/MF and food and wine, and HHN at night. If I was going for just Disney I'd have gotten a room for overnight for sure.
I like DME at beginning of trip but dislike taking back to airport! Prefer to have a car or Lyft back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter