Bermuda Beach question....

Coach

Hockey is life...
Hi Guys,

My DW and I will be doing the October 29th cruise from New York to Bermuda. My DW would like to go to one of the "Pink" beaches. Can anyone recommend a beach close by that would be open to the public that she could go to? We did not book a beach excursion because we are not "beach" people. She just would like to walk on the sand and maybe take a quick dip in the water.

Thanks for any help.

Hi Guys,

My DW and I will be doing the October 29th cruise from New York to Bermuda. My DW would like to go to one of the "Pink" beaches. Can anyone recommend a beach close by that would be open to the public that she could go to? We did not book a beach excursion because we are not "beach" people. She just would like to walk on the sand and maybe take a quick dip in the water.

Thanks for any help.

From what I have read, Warwick Long Bay and Horseshoe Bay have the pinkest sand.
I don't know how far from the port it is (our cruise is Sept. 2019) but you can probably take a taxi or bus over to them.

Have fun!

The biggest beach and probably one of the most Beautiful is Horseshoes Bay Beach. DH and I will be in Bermuda next Friday and are planning to go there. We were there 16 years ago on a previous vacation. I did a lot of research and it seems pretty easy to get to the beach from the port. There are shuttle vans that will take you for seven dollars a person each way.

Horseshoe Bay Beach also has plenty of amenities. You can rent umbrella and chairs. They are our bathroom facilities and food.

What I liked about it from the previous visit was just to the north of the Horshoe Bay they are beautiful rock formations and little Cove. The area is really beautiful.

I have been worried about the weather for next week but it looks like it will be pretty good when where in Bermuda. Our full day on Friday maybe one of the coolest days I’ve had them in a while, but the water temperature is about 78°. I hope the following week you have great weather.

Have a wonderful cruise.

The biggest beach and probably one of the most Beautiful is Horseshoes Bay Beach. DH and I will be in Bermuda next Friday and are planning to go there. We were there 16 years ago on a previous vacation. I did a lot of research and it seems pretty easy to get to the beach from the port. There are shuttle vans that will take you for seven dollars a person each way.

Horseshoe Bay Beach also has plenty of amenities. You can rent umbrella and chairs. They are our bathroom facilities and food.

What I liked about it from the previous visit was just to the north of the Horshoe Bay they are beautiful rock formations and little Cove. The area is really beautiful.

I have been worried about the weather for next week but it looks like it will be pretty good when where in Bermuda. Our full day on Friday maybe one of the coolest days I’ve had them in a while, but the water temperature is about 78°. I hope the following week you have great weather.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Can't wait to hear all about your vacation!!
Have fun!

We just got back from the Oct. 13th cruise to Bermuda. We took a minibus from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay Beach ($7/person). It took about 25 minutes to get there. It was gorgeous, and you could definitely see pink flecks in the sand. We rented an umbrella for $15. When we were ready to leave, we took another minibus back to the Dockyard. The whole process was very easy and well worth it! Enjoy your cruise!

We just got back from the Oct. 13th cruise to Bermuda. We took a minibus from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay Beach ($7/person). It took about 25 minutes to get there. It was gorgeous, and you could definitely see pink flecks in the sand. We rented an umbrella for $15. When we were ready to leave, we took another minibus back to the Dockyard. The whole process was very easy and well worth it! Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for sharing. We are looking forward to doing the same this week. Praying for descent weather.

We were on the inaugural Bermuda cruise. Our adult daughter and family cruised with us. Our son-in-law called us at 2AM the night of the sea day before Bermuda asking me to come and watch the grandkids while he took our daughter to the ship's infirmary. The spent the rest of the night there, and she was taken by ambulance to a hospital as soon as we docked. Weren't sure that she would be able to re-board or have to stay on the island. She eventually was discharged and got back to the ship about 2 1/2 hours before we left to return to NYC. My wife and I stayed on the ship with the grandkids until she got back, so we ended up not seeing much up Bermuda. We did go to the on board booking desk and booked a do-over cruise for next year. The crew member there recommended Horseshoe Bay

Thanks everyone for all of your feedback. I was able to go online with DCL and I booked the Horseshoe Bay Beach Transfer. I saw some of the YouTube videos that people have posted and and it looks like a great beach. I'm an amature photographer and it looks like a great place to get some fantastic landscape shots. So now my DW can relax in the pink sand and I can get some new photos to post on the DIS photo boards when we get back. Thanks again!

We were on the inaugural Bermuda cruise. Our adult daughter and family cruised with us. Our son-in-law called us at 2AM the night of the sea day before Bermuda asking me to come and watch the grandkids while he took our daughter to the ship's infirmary. The spent the rest of the night there, and she was taken by ambulance to a hospital as soon as we docked. Weren't sure that she would be able to re-board or have to stay on the island. She eventually was discharged and got back to the ship about 2 1/2 hours before we left to return to NYC. My wife and I stayed on the ship with the grandkids until she got back, so we ended up not seeing much up Bermuda. We did go to the on board booking desk and booked a do-over cruise for next year. The crew member there recommended Horseshoe Bay

I'm so sorry this happened to your daughter, hope she is better now.
I'm sure your daughter and son in law were relieved you were there on the cruise with them to take care of the grandkids.
We cruise next year to Bermuda too!

7CB0AC1C-EC0E-44FF-8013-75BB01D79029.jpeg We didn’t cruise with Disney to Bermuda but it was the same itinerary, last year. We found Bermuda one of the easiest ports to get around in on your own. There are shuttles and public transportation that will take you to Horseshoe Bay - it was beautiful.
Pinkish hue to the sand especially when wet.

I hope your daughter is better. And of course that’s too bad how the cruise turn out. I hope your next one is fantastic.

View attachment 359754 We didn’t cruise with Disney to Bermuda but it was the same itinerary, last year. We found Bermuda one of the easiest ports to get around in on your own. There are shuttles and public transportation that will take you to Horseshoe Bay - it was beautiful.
Pinkish hue to the sand especially when wet.

I am dreaming of this for next Friday. But the weather may not be too good. I will make the most of it, but will be pretty bummed if we have rain and clouds for our two days there. I am driving my DH crazy looking at weather reports.

That why I didn’t book the DCL transfer, it’s twice as much as taking the shuttle and we may only want to be at the beach a short time if the weather isn’t great.

Praying for descent weather for the last two Bermuda cruises. FindGers crossed.

I am dreaming of this for next Friday. But the weather may not be too good. I will make the most of it, but will be pretty bummed if we have rain and clouds for our two days there. I am driving my DH crazy looking at weather reports.

That why I didn’t book the DCL transfer, it’s twice as much as taking the shuttle and we may only want to be at the beach a short time if the weather isn’t great.

Praying for descent weather for the last two Bermuda cruises. FindGers crossed.
With 2 days in port, more of a chance of good weather.
We had one day that was cloudy and cool and second hot and sunny.
We explored the island first day and went to Horseshoe next day. Didn’t make that decision until arrival.
I wouldn’t worry about the forecast just yet, the weather is so unpredictable everywhere these days.
Should be ok. Right now NYC is colder than usual but it was just 90...
The forecast can and will probably change up until the sailing:)

What time does the ship depart on the second day?
We usually do DCL excursions to be safe, but with an overnight stay we will probably just take public transport to the beach the first day.
The second day I want to see the sights, does anyone know if there's hop on/hop off?

We were on the Oct 13th Bermuda cruise as well and went to Horseshoe Bay. It is absolutely spectacular. Make sure you take time to explore the rock formations on either end of the beach! FYI the cost to rent an umbrella and two beach chairs was $45. Transportation was plentiful to and from the beach - the Bermuda taxi drivers and among the friendliest I’ve ever encounter and are very happy to share their island with you.

With 2 days in port, more of a chance of good weather.
We had one day that was cloudy and cool and second hot and sunny.
We explored the island first day and went to Horseshoe next day. Didn’t make that decision until arrival.
I wouldn’t worry about the forecast just yet, the weather is so unpredictable everywhere these days.
Should be ok. Right now NYC is colder than usual but it was just 90...
The forecast can and will probably change up until the sailing:)

Thank for your pep talk. I just need a half day of good weather to go to Horeshoe Bay. Right now the report is high of 73 for Friday and partly cloudy, some reports have rain possible. And for Saturday high of 75 with rain or thunderstorms off and on. The other day Friday was 71 with clouds. Yes, I am obsessing!

What time does the ship depart on the second day?
We usually do DCL excursions to be safe, but with an overnight stay we will probably just take public transport to the beach the first day.
The second day I want to see the sights, does anyone know if there's hop on/hop off?

The ship is all aboard by 3:30pm on the 2nd Day. DH and me are doing a 5 Hour Tour of the Island that day.
We are leaving the first day, for the beach and the King’s Wharf area. We have been to Bermuda before, but that was 16 years ago.

We were on the Oct 13th Bermuda cruise as well and went to Horseshoe Bay. It is absolutely spectacular. Make sure you take time to explore the rock formations on either end of the beach! FYI the cost to rent an umbrella and two beach chairs was $45. Transportation was plentiful to and from the beach - the Bermuda taxi drivers and among the friendliest I’ve ever encounter and are very happy to share their island with you.

I love the rock areas at either end of the beach. I like the one to the right with the little swimming Cove. I believe people sometimes jump off the rocks there.
To the north end away from the entrances there are trails that go up from the beach and lead to some secluded areas between those beautiful rocks. Can’t wait to get back.

Thanks everyone for the tips and advise.

I am so sorry this happened. So scary and stressful. Thank God you were onboard with them to help with the children. I am glad you will be getting a do-over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter