• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best 1 bedroom DVC?

OKW tops the list for us just because of the size and low point cost. We stayed at BLT in the Spring and the 2nd bathroom was amazing. But OKW edges it out for me just because I prefer the theming there.

Looking for opinions: Is a 1BR with 1 shower/1 toilet and 2 teenagers (opposite sex) asking for trouble? We haven't considered them yet, but are thinking about it to save on points for an upcoming trip if a 2BR is not available.

Looking for opinions: Is a 1BR with 1 shower/1 toilet and 2 teenagers (opposite sex) asking for trouble? We haven't considered them yet, but are thinking about it to save on points for an upcoming trip if a 2BR is not available.
If you book OKW, BLT or AKV (not the value villas) you'll get a queen sleeper sofa and a twin sized sleeper chair. Plus at BLT and AKV-Kidani, you get an extra bathroom.

Best DVC 1 bedroom?
We have stayed in one bedrooms at SSR, BLT, and AKV. We totally loved having 2 full baths at AKV and BLT. We enjoyed being somewhat removed from the parks and seeing the animals, so for that reason I really loved AKV. On the other hand, it was awesome being able to walk to MK, going to the Too of the World Club, and watching the boat parade from the balcony (lake view) at BLT.

I'd have to put OKW at the top of my list, for size and comfort, heading down there tomorrow, for two weeks in a one bedroom. Maybe a refurbed one to see the upgrades.
The refurb is done at OKW so you will have a refurbished room.

Kidani is our favorite, 2 full bathrooms is a must for our family of 4. We love the resort and the pool is also one of our favorites. The standard room point cost is fairly low too.

Kidani is our favorite, 2 full bathrooms is a must for our family of 4. We love the resort and the pool is also one of our favorites. The standard room point cost is fairly low too.
Kidani is our home resort and we love it too. I was contemplating trying a new spot for this trip, to mix it up. However, the bathroom situation is my biggest reservation about going with a 1 bedroom elsewhere. Having 2 showers/toilets just makes getting ready so much easier and quicker.

Kidani is our home resort and we love it too. I was contemplating trying a new spot for this trip, to mix it up. However, the bathroom situation is my biggest reservation about going with a 1 bedroom elsewhere. Having 2 showers/toilets just makes getting ready so much easier and quicker.
Then try BLT. Similar setup.

We bought BLT because of the one bedrooms/two baths so I get where you are coming from, we always stay there when our whole family comes (5 people).

You might be able to get a two bedroom at SSR or OKW for approximately the same points as a 1 bedroom SV at Kidani, depending on the season. Just throwing this out there as an option for you.

Vero Beach is my favorite, the layout is unique to the WDW resorts and we were lucky enough to get an ocean view with ours. It has the extra sleeper chair too.

I concur about Vero..they're gorgeous and if you're lucky enough to get one with an ocean view, it's perfection.

We go down 2 weeks a year and always split our stay in a 1BR at an Epcot Resort and then at BLT. Can't beat a 1BR theme park view. Some nights we gather desserts during the day and have our own dessert party. The extra bathroom is a huge bonus. I can't understand why they keep building these new DVC resorts and are not putting the second bathroom in a 1BR.

We go down 2 weeks a year and always split our stay in a 1BR at an Epcot Resort and then at BLT. Can't beat a 1BR theme park view. Some nights we gather desserts during the day and have our own dessert party. The extra bathroom is a huge bonus. I can't understand why they keep building these new DVC resorts and are not putting the second bathroom in a 1BR.

Cost. Have to eek out every last cent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter