• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BEST 1ST ATTRACTION?

Kristin Weiss

Mouseketeer
Hi guys! Now that Disneyland’s opening is so very near, it’s making our November trip definitely seem like a reality (tears of joy after having to cancel 3 times 😩)! So tell me... what is that perfect 1st attraction for you that you run for?? What’s the best thing to do in Disneyland park when you first get in?? I’d love to see everyone’s answers! 🏰🎆

As a family we always get 5 day passes so we know we will do everything we want over the 5 days but for all 6 of our family trips we head straight to Dumbo! Thats DL to us. We do Dumbo the first morning then over to Big Thunder, Pirates, Indy fp, etc but always start a trip with Dumbo!!!

As a family we always get 5 day passes so we know we will do everything we want over the 5 days but for all 6 of our family trips we head straight to Dumbo! Thats DL to us. We do Dumbo the first morning then over to Big Thunder, Pirates, Indy fp, etc but always start a trip with Dumbo!!!
I agree Dumbo is pure MAGIC!! 🎆 I can’t wait to ride it at Disneyland. We are also planning on spending 5 days, so I want to ride it ALL! Lol 😍

We like to do non-FP rides at rope drop. It used to be TSMM at DCA, but it's got FP now, so now we do GotG or RSR there. At DL, we start with Peter Pan when we can get on within the first 30 or so people.

Peter Pan first, always first, because if you don’t the line builds and builds through the day and you might as well forget it! I agree also with the previous post that Dumbo is a great one to start your day. It’s exhilarating and gives one a great view of Fantasyland. You can feel that cold air hitting you as you fly. It’s fun to see your family in the other Dumbos to see which color they got and seeing them happy. I like Peter Pan, Dumbo, Alice, Toad, Casey Jr, then the Teacups. That’s the way to start a perfect day in the Parks!

Pirates. Always Pirates. I usually walk around for a bit when I first get into DL, but always end up through Adventureland into NOS. I always end the trip with my last ride being POTC too, and then get mopey and sobby on the loooooong walk out of the park, lol...

I agree with the left turn into Adventureland, but I'd go Indy, HM, and Pirates. Jungle Cruise can wait, IMO.

Jungle Cruise is a sentimental first ride. It was the first ride I took my children on, then my granddaughter, and a few years later, my grandson. In about a year it will be the first ride my new granddaughter goes on as well. It's tradition, now. :) Otherwise I'd go straight for Pirates!

Before Rise of the Resistance, my standard 1st hour was Peter Pan > Alice > Dumbo > Casey Jr > Mr. Toad > Storybook Land > Restroom outside Fantasy Theatre > Toontown opening.

I think my new standard morning strategy will be ROTR boarding pass at Tomorrowland > Autopia > Nemo > Buzz > Astro Orbiter > long walk to ROTR assuming I get the first hour ROTR boarding pass.

If I'm in the mood for an early thrill ride, I like Big Thunder Mountain.

If I'm not rope dropping because I just got off a plane or something, I usually go to DCA to check Animation Academy first to see if there's anything I want to draw that day.

Been going since I was 5 (in 1956!). Last year we had planned to take close friends of our family for their kids very first DL trip. We will be doing it when things are all back.
Our schedule is usually fly down in the morning and be at the park by early to late afternoon (5 day tickets). So I was contemplating how would I like to introduce DL to my young friend who would have been 6 at the time. Since its already afternoon I think his perfect first ride is to enter the park and go right for the train. You might think that is a little weak, but its the nostalgia of the whole thing for me.
Hearing those train announcements, doing the circle tour, anticipating those things you can see as you go around. Seems like the perfect memory for a young mind. This also creates a cinematic reveal effect that just heightens the whole experience.
Then a walk down Main Street pointing out the details, and smelling the smells! Of course I will have to watch his reactions to make sure its all holding his interest. I will adapt it as we go and finally end up at the hub contemplating where we go next...

Then after that we'll go nuts on all the rides!!

Been going since I was 5 (in 1956!). Last year we had planned to take close friends of our family for their kids very first DL trip. We will be doing it when things are all back.
Our schedule is usually fly down in the morning and be at the park by early to late afternoon (5 day tickets). So I was contemplating how would I like to introduce DL to my young friend who would have been 6 at the time. Since its already afternoon I think his perfect first ride is to enter the park and go right for the train. You might think that is a little weak, but its the nostalgia of the whole thing for me.
Hearing those train announcements, doing the circle tour, anticipating those things you can see as you go around. Seems like the perfect memory for a young mind. This also creates a cinematic reveal effect that just heightens the whole experience.
Then a walk down Main Street pointing out the details, and smelling the smells! Of course I will have to watch his reactions to make sure its all holding his interest. I will adapt it as we go and finally end up at the hub contemplating where we go next...

Then after that we'll go nuts on all the rides!!
Not weak AT ALL! I was actually contemplating doing just this!! The Railroad was one of Walt’s favorites, and is just so nostalgic! Hearing the train announcements would be so emotional. I think it’s a perfect choice. ❤️🏰🎆🚂

Different response from others, but we always start with Space Mountain! it's our favorite and we ride it as many times as possible over the course of our visit. Usually we do Matterhorn soon after (I have a deep abiding love for Matterhorn), with maybe Star Tours in there too. Then we head over to Indiana Jones.

I also love Fantasyland mornings because there is just something about FL right when the park opens. So clearly, there need to be at least 2 DL rope drop mornings. :)

Different response from others, but we always start with Space Mountain! it's our favorite and we ride it as many times as possible over the course of our visit. Usually we do Matterhorn soon after (I have a deep abiding love for Matterhorn), with maybe Star Tours in there too. Then we head over to Indiana Jones.

I also love Fantasyland mornings because there is just something about FL right when the park opens. So clearly, there need to be at least 2 DL rope drop mornings. :)

I used to like Space Mountain at the beginning of the day but I've started to prefer it with a longer wait or at night. My eyes don't adjust to the dark fast enough in the morning so the stars feel a bit dim.

I think you can do a total of three "rope drops" on some days: Extra Magic Hour at DCA, Disneyland rope drop, Toontown opening (typically 1 hour after Disneyland opening). You just can't rope drop Fantasyland and Tomorrowland in the same day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter