Best add on?

Buzzw0rthy

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

Long time reader of the boards but first time posting.

My wife and I became members last year (we bought direct @ Aulani) after going there on cash and falling in love with it.

Like so many before us, we recently came down with add-on-itis! We are actively looking to pick up a resale contract at Disney World. Looking for recommendations on which property you all would recommend. Our preference is for 2 bedrooms. We are not concerned with matching use years, and can travel at any time of year. We’re just looking for the sweet spot between which resort has the best 2BRs and best economic value.

Would appreciate all thoughts!

SSR has the lowest dues at the moment so yearly costs will be the least there. AKL has a pretty low point chart but slightly higher dues. BRV probably has one of the cheapest per point listings at the moment that I've seen, but expire in 2042.

Choose your poison I guess. ;)

Several blogs and resale sites list SSR and BLT as the best economic buys. For sheer size of any room, OKW extended might be considered a sweet spot for you. If dues/MF are a more important cost than buy in, you might want to check into GFV.

For my family, we bought SSR for buy in, MF, and contract length. However, 2 BR are not our thing... yet... because add-on-itis is VERY REAL. I just added on a tiny BCV contract for location. ;)

The 2 BR villas at BLT and Kidani have 3 full bathrooms. These are the only two resorts that have the extra bath. I would go with one of them if I tended to travel with a larger group.

Best is subjective. But as above if value is a main driver SSR. It also has many other advantages that have elevated it:
1. Very good availability for 2 beds compared to any other resort (it’s size is huge, almost twice the size of OKW). You won’t be walking to book at times like Xmas like you could be with CCV and even BLT.
2. The refurb looks lovely, the rooms are tired at the mo, but the refurb looks like it will be one of the best with the Murphy sofa.
3. Walk or boat to the best restaurants and quick serve on site- Disney Springs has really become a great place in the past 3 years.
4. Lowest dues.
5. Best $ for $ buy in cost considering life of contract.

The next best value are BLT and AKL. BLT is good, I don’t care for AKL and it is one of the ones I am glad I stayed at before buying in- zero places to walk and I felt cut off, but many love it so that’s just my personal preference. If they added a long walk path to AK, I’d have felt very differently probably. Also it is very dark which can seem a bit depressing to me when it’s raining or overcast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter