• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best ADR time?

beautyqueen

Mouseketeer
What have you found to be the best time to make your ADR's for?

Say for breakfasts what have you found to be the least crowded/fastest ? Same ? for lunch and dinner...or does it depend on where your eating?

The rules for crowds in restaurants are the same inside and outside of Disney. The earlier that you go for any meal, the less likely it is that you will have to wait or find that there are large crowds to have to "fight" to get your table.

Example: The person with an 8am breakfast ADR will wait less than the person with the 9:30 am because there are less people ahead of them since the restaurant opened at 7:30 am and less people that have taken their own sweet time to consume their food and are hogging the table that should have already had 2 other families serviced, but is still working on serving family number one.

We are early risers and always try to get the earliest ressie for breakfasts. You are seated quickly (it will get crowded as you are there) and a big plus for me is you can be one of the first at the buffet. The food is fresher and less served out of.. sneezed on.. touched by icky fingers... etc.. lol :)

Thanks! I never thought about it but you are sooo right about if you are in first or early then there are less people ahead of you for them to get backed up on.

And we are all up early, my kids are up earlier on vaca's and weekends than during school! LOL

For dinners, as much I HATE it the best time is the first dinner slots which depending on the restaurant could be as early as 330pm .If you going during Free dining it is the best way to try and ensure the minimal amount of waiting for your adr.The later more traditional dining times tend to back up as the day goes on, and sometimes waits PAST adr time occur.We ran into this 2x in Dec 09 when our meals were later in the evening

Thanks so much!

What I'm thinking is we will do

breakfast around 8-8:30
lunch around 11:30 and then
dinner at early times 4-ish

My kids are used to eating dinner early because my baby is in bed around 7:30 at night and the others around 8:30. I know they won't be in bed that early at Disney but I would like to keep their patterns somewhat normal.

I think you'll be really happy with those times! We did a similar plan with a 6,5,
and 1 year old and it worked great for us.

Yes definitely the dinner time around 4:30 is a great chance you will not have to wait or wait very minimal at 5 to 10 mins if that. The later dinners you will most likely be waiting around. When you have first seating that is the best thing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter