• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best adult things to do....

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
I will be travelling solo, sans kids, and am wondering what are the best "adult" things to do? Best rides, best restaurants, shops, etc. Also, what are things in DL that may be more aimed towards children that I should avoid?

Also, I know I read on here something about single rider lines. Can someone please, once again, let me know what they are?

Thanks,
Jo :banana:

The Gallery above Pirates of the C would be a good "adult" place to go. Neat artwork is always exhibited. Also, ask a CM to give you some history of the bldg...it was an apartment for Walt and his wife!
Make a reservation for Blue Bayou and have lunch there. The restaurants at GCH are very nice...we like Storyteller's. Take some time to wander around the grounds of GCH and then stroll through DTD.

Splash Mountain, Screamin over CA, Soarin', Mulholland Madness, Maliboomer , Grizzly Rapids have single rider lines. These are separate lines that fill in single empty spaces on the listed rides. Just ask a CM who is stationed near the ride entrance or FastPass entrance and they will give you directions.

Eat at Wine Country Trattoria in DCA a little before the Electrical Parade begins and ask to be seated along the wall of the terrace. You'll have a great and uncrowded view of the parade.

Treat yourself to a glass of wine, or maybe even a wine tasting at the Wine Bar in DCA. It's a must when I do a 21 and up trip with my friends.

Melissa

msteddom said:
Treat yourself to a glass of wine, or maybe even a wine tasting at the Wine Bar in DCA. It's a must when I do a 21 and up trip with my friends.

This sounds wonderful. Where can I find this in DCA?

Eat at Wine Country Trattoria in DCA a little before the Electrical Parade begins and ask to be seated along the wall of the terrace. You'll have a great and uncrowded view of the parade.

Are this the same place as Melissa suggested?

The Gallery above Pirates of the C would be a good "adult" place to go. Neat artwork is always exhibited. Also, ask a CM to give you some history of the bldg...it was an apartment for Walt and his wife!

Wonderful idea....thank you! I love art and the idea of getting out of the sun for a bit to look at art sounds wonderful.

Thanks so much...

The wine bar (it has a name, but I forget what it is) and the Wine Country Tratoria share a patio right next to the Seasons of the Vine theatre in between a Bug's Land and Paradise Pier. If you're really looking to treat yourself, have dinner at the Vinyard Room restaurant upstairs form the tratoria. OR better (and even more expensive) the Napa Rose at the Grand Californian Hotel. I love going to Disneyland by myself. You will have a wonderful time!

Oh, and single rider lines allow you to jump well ahead of the regular queue and be a "seat filler" so to speak, so there are no empty seats in a particular car or theatre. Just go up to the CM taking fastpasses and ask for a single rider pass. You probably won't get on the ride right away, but it will save you a ton of time. The only single rider lines I can think of right now are Soarin' Over California and Splash Mountain. For some reason Disneyland doesn't use them nearly as much as Disney World does.

Melissa

I think DL/DCA have more single rider lines than WDW (from what I remember only Test Track and Mission Space there). DL only has Splash, but DCA has Soarin', Grizzly River, Muholland Madness, Maliboomer, and CA Screamin with single rider lines. The only thing I FP at DCA is TOT.

Have dinner at Catal in DTD one night or Napa Rose at the GCH and make sure and have a cocktail or two ;) At the Uva Bar in DTD! It's always a must do for me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter