Best Advice! Go on a Party Day!

Steve19842015

Mouseketeer
I haven’t posted my update yet but wow! The difference of the crowds from Sunday on MNSSHP and yesterday Wednesday the 4th was insane. I purposely was scheduling my two MK days on days where the park was open late and NOT on party days. From the advice on this forum I went ahead and booked 1 day party and 1 non party. Everything was less crowded on Sunday, TTC, Security, no lines to get inside the parks, the shuttles. The amount of rides that we did the first 3 hours was crazy. Basically knocked out every major ride. Not to mention we were in and out of Tron in 20 mins. Yesterday it was 1.5 hours. If I continue to come back when a party is happening I will forever schedule at least 1 party day. Also we got into SDMNT 5 mins before 6 on Sunday so basically had a full day.

Shhhhhhhhhh!! I want to keep it that way. :)

I've booked MK on party days next week. I noticed a huge difference last year between party days and non-party days, and I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.
Not seeing HEA at least once would have been a bummer but I was good with seeing it once and not 2 nights. Plus I picked the day the park opened at 8am instead of 9am. So that there gave us an extra hour plus less people tend to wake up earlier which probably added to the empty park in the am

Glad you found the advice here and took it! So many think the shorter day will mean they get less done and it's completely the opposite! We go in Aug and as soon as party days are announced I booked our park reservations for those days. Next year we won't need park reservations but will still plan for those days to be our MK days!

Shhhhhhh!!!

I went Sunday morning walking in after 8am. Rode 5 rides & 2 photopass picture stops in 1.5 hours. Wasn't running or rushing either. I think the spotty weather also helped & when it started raining we had already done the outdoor rides so shifted to the indoor stuff. We left at 12:30 (passholders) having ridden many rides as walk ons (only wait was PP & SM) after we did Tron. Very enjoyable time.

We are arriving on Sunday. Our MK day is Tuesday, October 10, which is a party day.
Do you think we will experience less crowds too? I'm only asking since it is the day after Columbus Day
and also starting to get middle of the month, which is normally more crowded.
Thank you.

DS had success with this a few weeks ago on a Friday BUT it was also a slow week.

I had GREAT success with this one day BUT then when I repeated was shocked it was a normal day made much worse at 4 pm. Just know it might work out great but then it might blow up as a plan. You just never know. Will I still try? Yes, because I can hop but if I can't hop ... with less hours and the potential it might not work out I probably wouldn't do it.

We're going to MK on a party day AND staying for the party. It's only a 3 day in the parks trip so we want to make the most of it.

We're going to MK on a party day AND staying for the party. It's only a 3 day in the parks trip so we want to make the most of it.
That's what we are planning on doing too for the same reason - only 3 days in the park trip! Although I might have to take a break since we are also planning on going to early entry!

That's what we are planning on doing too for the same reason - only 3 days in the park trip! Although I might have to take a break since we are also planning on going to early entry!
Taking a rest is what I'm thinking too because we plan on early entry as well.

We are arriving on Sunday. Our MK day is Tuesday, October 10, which is a party day.
Do you think we will experience less crowds too? I'm only asking since it is the day after Columbus Day
and also starting to get middle of the month, which is normally more crowded.
Thank you.
Yes, probably less crowded. Disney just announced some bonus park reservations available to APs, including MK on Oct 10, so I would interpret that as Disney is expecting a lower crowd during the day. See you there!

Yes, probably less crowded. Disney just announced some bonus park reservations available to APs, including MK on Oct 10, so I would interpret that as Disney is expecting a lower crowd during the day. See you there!
Thank you. How do you know about the bonus park ressies for AP. Was it an email or just something we see as "bonus" when booking? I'm asking because I'm AP but didn't get an email.
Thank you.

Thank you. How do you know about the bonus park ressies for AP. Was it an email or just something we see as "bonus" when booking? I'm asking because I'm AP but didn't get an email.
Thank you.
I read about it on a WDW fan website; I didn't get an email either. When you are booking theme park reservations at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entry-reservation/ and get to the point where you're selecting your dates on the calendar, you'll see a gold star on the dates with bonus theme park reservations. They'll be grayed out for days you already have a reservation.

Not seeing HEA at least once would have been a bummer but I was good with seeing it once and not 2 nights. Plus I picked the day the park opened at 8am instead of 9am. So that there gave us an extra hour plus less people tend to wake up earlier which probably added to the empty park in the am
MK early entry is at 8:30 all week during our trip in November. Does it open at 8:00 other months?

MK early entry is at 8:30 all week during our trip in November. Does it open at 8:00 other months?
Disney has been updating park hours and such around 2-3 weeks out and for my week (10/22-27), MK got increased hours by a half hour in the mornings. All except for the morning I’m going lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter