Best and Worst Cocktails at Walt Disney World Properties

Visited Animal Kingdom recently and enjoyed an African Margarita at Dawa Bar.
(Truth be told, I enjoyed more than one during my vacation.)

Dare I say . . . it was better (and less expensive) than the Top Shelf Margarita from the Mexican pavilion at Epcot.
Have you tasted and enjoyed the African Margarita at Animal Kingdom?
Any idea of what went into the African Margarita? Sounds interesting and I love the Dawa

I was at Wilderness Lodge recently and really enjoyed the Northwoods at Territory Lounge as well as the Pineapple Mule at Geyser Point.

Best: The Italian margarita you can usually get at the generic Italy pavilion stand but also at the F&W stand.
Huckleberry punch at Geyser’s Point, which is not usually my type of drink but I absolutely loved it.
Worst: Anything they call a sangria in those generic Disney World menus. Not sangria.

Actually, my favorite drink this past trip was the white sangria at Narcoosee's. It's easy to make at home, too. I use a frozen strawberry instead of their strawberry ice cube. I'm drinking one right now :smickey:

White Sangria​

Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Ketel One Cucumber and Mint Botanical, Agave, Strawberry

I love the Northwoods at Territory Lounge. It's been my go-to as we stay at WL more than anywhere else. However a couple of weeks ago we were there and my son's girlfriend ordered an Orchards Bounty. I tried it and it was delicious. I had to order one for myself :) . Basically pretty much anything at that lounge is good - especially if Mike is bartending. On that same trip I also tried the Bourbon Mule at AbracadaBar for the first time. They were making it with Buffalo Trace instead of Makers Mark and it was delicious! Highly recommend.

I really like the Yak Attack at Yak and Yeti. Boma has a similar drink. It's a slushy drink that tastes really good.

Speaking of Boma, they have a boozy cold brew with a zebra dome on top that is tasty.

I also like the blueberry martini at Shula's. The other two above were more fun and umbrella-ly type drink. The martini is more of a serious drink, but delicious.

When they first opened and everything was made to order they were really good. Now it's all premixed and they throw whiskey and/or Ancho Reyes in where it doesn't belong.
After hearing everyone rave about La Cava for years, we finally tried it a couple of years ago - waited in a stupidly long line just to get drinks to go. I don't even remember what we got but they were awful. There aren't many margaritas I won't drink but half of mine went in the trash. Never been back.

After hearing everyone rave about La Cava for years, we finally tried it a couple of years ago - waited in a stupidly long line just to get drinks to go. I don't even remember what we got but they were awful. There aren't many margaritas I won't drink but half of mine went in the trash. Never been back.
Yeah, I'm talking like 10 years ago. It opened in '09 and was good for a while, but they've cheaped out while getting ridiculously more expensive.

I really like the Yak Attack at Yak and Yeti. Boma has a similar drink. It's a slushy drink that tastes really good.

Speaking of Boma, they have a boozy cold brew with a zebra dome on top that is tasty.

I also like the blueberry martini at Shula's. The other two above were more fun and umbrella-ly type drink. The martini is more of a serious drink, but delicious.

Spiked and Striped at Boma, it's awesome!

I also had a Gingerbread Mudslide in December at Boma that may be the best drink I've ever had at WDW, I'm sad that it's probably only available around the holidays! Gonna ask if they might be able to make it anyway next week!

A new favorite from my February trip- the Vanderberry at Abracadabar. Sounds weird but one of the bartenders persuaded me to try it and it was SOOOO good. A couple of those and the charcuterie plate made me a happy girl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter