Best and Worst Rides to be stuck on.

We got stuck on TTA. We got stuck right in front of the windows going through Space Mountain so we could watch the ride for quite a few minutes. It was Awesome!

We also got stuck on Splash Mountain, going up the first hill. We sat there for a long time before they helped us all out of the boats and we got to walk back in the mountain and behind the scenes. That was an Awesome experience too.

I would not want to get stuck going down that hill into the graveyard at the Haunted Mansion, that would be very uncomfortable. I've been stuck in the attic before, and overlooking the ballroom, which was the best :thumbsup2

Best Ride - Haunted Mansion. I could spent days looking at all the detail and thought that went into the ride. The only small caveat would be getting stuck anywhere but the Leota room where she keeps saying her incantations.

Worst Ride - Kali river Rapids. I can only imagine how wet you would get if you got stuck on the ride. I know i'm drenched head to toe just riding it normally.

One of the worst rides I've been stuck on is one of my favorites, but I still have nightmares :eek:
It was late night EMH at MK and we decided to take a spin on ye olde pirate boat, POTC. We were almost to the end... So close! We floated in front of the new Jack sitting on his throne with his parrot, counting his gold... We could even see the exit!
Then, IT happened... :scared:
We were stuck, and there was no mercy. For 45 minutes Jack when on and on, one for you and two for me, yo ho yo ho yo ho yo ho yo ho shoot me now please oh please
We were so close to the end but we could not be let off, and when they finally started it back up, my sister and I were in the fetal position humming "A Pirates Life for Me".
We did not make it to the 3 a.m. closing, because Johnny Depp had drained of us of all life source :laughing:
I like being stuck on TSM though :)

You didn't yell "I don't believe in you George" 3 times before you got stuck did you? :scared1:

We got stuck in the HM for about 20 minutes right in front of the ballroom scene which was great.....got to check out a lot of the details that usually get missed. The only drawback was that this was the first time that we had rode separately from our DDs (then ages 7 and 9). They happily did not freak out but just kept looking over to make sure we were still there.

Another time we got stuck for about 20-25 minutes on POTC.....does this sound familiar to everyone?....."We likes da red'ead. We likes da red'ead" "Show us your larboard side sweetie" It grows tired after a while. At least it's air conditioned! Always appreciated on a hot August day in Disney!:thumbsup2

We got stuck on The Seas with Nemo & Friends on our last trip...right at the part where they're singing "Big Blue World". I just dealt with it, but after the first five minutes DH was going on about having died and gone to Hades.:rotfl2:

Count me in as someone who got stuck in HM where the ladies Head is in the ball .. but I was stuck with my 6 year old daughter who was already afraid and was now crying really loud - oh joy

Would love to be stuck ANYWHERE in the Haunted Mansion! Really can't think of anything I wouldn't want to be stuck on, cause I would enjoy noticing the small details. :) We really haven't been stuck on rides too often.

Best Ride - Haunted Mansion. I could spent days looking at all the detail and thought that went into the ride. The only small caveat would be getting stuck anywhere but the Leota room where she keeps saying her incantations.

Worst Ride - Kali river Rapids. I can only imagine how wet you would get if you got stuck on the ride. I know i'm drenched head to toe just riding it normally.

Not at Disney, but I got stuck on Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges for 10 minutes, and this was going up that lift. Well, our raft was one raft away from being stuck where the water is being constantly splashed on rafts, I think there's buckets and brooms sweeping around, but it's a constant downpour. Luckily, that raft was empty.

Admittedly, these are all at Disneyland, but I just had to share:

When I was fourteen, me, my mother, two of my best friends (Katie and Maria), and one of those girl's mother all went to Disneyland. Neither of the mothers are into roller coasters of any kind, so the two girls and I went onto BTMRR by ourselves... And somehow ended up squeezing the 3 of us into one row. And we're not particularly small girls! :sad2: So, we're all cramped together, and heading up that first big hill (you know, where the water trickles? Can you see where I'm going with this?!) Well, sure enough, we're about over the hill - and everything screeches to a halt. Riiiighttt next to the little water fall. Maria, who was sitting the closest to that wall, kept complaining about getting wet, but Katie and I mostly ignored her. I was totally excited to get to see everything with the lights on, walk out, and get a fastpass back to BTMRR for later in the day... But as we get out of the ride, I realize that Maria's left side is legitimately soaked through from that little waterfall! I was just glad I'd been shoved into the middle after all. ;)

A funny little post-script to this, is when my parents and I went back to DL this summer, I was riding up that same hill with my father. Just when I get to the part, "and right about here the car suddenly-"...well, right about there the car suddenly stopped! :laughing: Nobody got wet, but we were in the car for much longer. I spent the majority of my time trying to convince the people in front of me that it really wouldn't be a good idea to slip out under the bar and leave the ride on their own. :scared1:

The only other ride I've been stuck on was Space Mountain - again with my father, and the only roller coaster my mom would ever consider riding, but she sat this one out. We were stopped for a good twenty minutes or so (which freaked me out at first, because it took a while before the lights to come on and I was convinced that the car behind us was going to hit us.) But it was very cool to see it with the lights on, and then we got to finish out the ride...very, very slowly (because we had no momentum) and with the lights on! And then, they gave us another ride around, at full speed and with the lights off. So, that was pretty fun.

I would agree about TSM being good to be stuck on, though. I was on a pretty glitchy TSM once, we were stuck for a little bit every few seconds, but never for very long. I got a pretty high score!!!

(How did this post get so long!? Sorry!)

We were stuck on the Carousel of Progress back in 2009. It seemed like such a long time because they kept running the scene over and over and then playing "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". My DS was 7 at the time and was so freaked out because everyone, including us were making comments about how we were stuck in that time forever. I doubt we will ever get him to go on that ride again. It is one of my favorites though!:)

I was going to say this is my pick for worst ride to be stuck on, but then I thought, nah, they probably turn that song off, or it only plays once or something.

I see I was right the first time. :lmao:

I have gotten stuck on ToT before. It stopped right at the bottom of the elevator shaft after all it's drops. A CM (maintenance guy) came out and the lights came on. He actually took a picture of the kids and I sitting there. After a few minutes, the car made a quarter turn and the doors opened to the creepy elevator cm and they let us off. They offered us a direct route up to the beginning again for another ride but the kids said "NO THANKS!" LOL

The best experiance I had was getting stuck at the top of spaceship earth with my wife. It ws very romantic and peaceful, we were stopped for about 20 mins. I havent had a bad experiance with being stuck on a ride yet. But i would not want to be stuck on RNR or IASW. I would love to get stuck on EE to see what the inside of the mountain looks like.

My DS was stuck on The Sum of All Thrills in innoventions last year. They had to call someone to try to get him out of the small area. Luckily it only took about 20 minutes but I guess it was a really confined area. They were very appolegetic and a gave DH and DS fast passes to soarin'

This happened to DD and I this past trip.

DD was not bothered, but it was horrible for me. I had some major motion sickness issues from the ride and then when you're stuck, the lights and air are shut off. So basically, I was convinced I was going to vomit all over myself inside that tiny capsule and I was super hot and couldn't breathe. :sad2:

A CM told us in a joking tone "help is on the way" a few times through the speakers while we were stuck. But the CMs didn't even look at us when we finally got out. They just acted like nothing had even happened. :confused3

For me, anything with a lap bar or other restraints is the WORST. I wouldn't like to get stuck and not be able to to get myself out of the ride vehicle.

(I was stuck on Splash last visit and the boat dipped in the water and OMG I freaked out. Add that to the ride I had where they had to manually unlock the lap bar because it was stuck...ack.)

So...best for me would be anything without a restraint. LOL

I got stuck on Dinosaur once. And in the front row someone's child screaming in terror. It was in the dark after the big dinosaur comes out and screams.

Never again.:eek:

I wouldn't mind being stuck on Peter Pan. Especially when you are over the city of London.

And I've been stuck on Carousel of Progress more times than I can count. And weirder still, I don't mind.:scared1:

Ones I wouldn't mind too much are:

Buzz, TSM, Haunted Mansion (assuming I'm not with a scared child), Jungle Cruise, and the Safari (espeically if your in the car that is stopped due to animals in front of you).

Ones that would be awful
Space mountain as I think the lights on would scare me, IASW, Pirates at the "dead men tell no tales" part where there is little to look at and it goes over and over (did this one already)....

:knocks on wood:
The only ride I've gotten stuck on was the People Mover and that was ~5 minutes. We had an awesome view of the castle and took some pictures :)

167855_771311563442_16107561_40921306_6831181_n.jpg

I also was stuck on HM. But we were where the doors are knocking. Kids were a little freaked out. Got stuck on Cop, had to watch the same part three times. Husband still signs the song. I would hate to be stuck on Soarin or dinosaur.

Best: People mover on an outside loop, Buzz Lightyear, TSM
Worst: EE, Small World (the music), Splash Mountain (also the music - I like it but only in small doses)

A few years back my family and I got stuck on Carousel of Progress because it was storming out really bad and I guess the ride wasn't suppose to be fully running when there is one. So we got stuck watching the first scene 4 times in a row. By the last time we saw it people started heckling it and making their own commentary. It was really funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter