Best Attractions for Toddlers

My son's favorites were the carousel, the play area before Dumbo, the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground and Casey Jr. Splash area.

Anything in Fantasyland. Carousel, It's a Small World, Winnie the Pooh, etc. My daughter really liked Buzz Lightyear and the People Mover.

She loved Nemo in Epcot and wanted to ride it more than once.

DHS didn't have much for her to ride (Toy Story, but she didn't really like it, with the 3D glasses and game aspect), but she loved the shows.

Does the Playhouse Disney show still exist in DHS? It's been so long since our girls were interested in that, but now that we have our son, that would be a good one! :)

Pretty much anything in Fantasyland as PP mentioned. Our DD loved IASW and we rode multiple times at that age. At Epcot our DD really enjoyed Living with the Land. She liked seeing all the different plants. We always go during halloween and they have mickey shaped pumpkins growing. DHS still has the Disney Junior show that is a must see for us also.

Our son loved the first two scenes of Carosel of Progress. After that it was a battle to keep him corralled. Outside of that he did great on everything else his height would let him do. He didn't like the smoke on Great Movie Ride but nothing else on it bothered him.

I went with my son when he was just over 2 years old.

We did:
Buzz Lightyear
Dumbo,
TTA
Peter Pan,
Small World,
Little Mermaid
Jungle Cruise
Aladdin
Carousel

Personally he loved the rides that "flew" (and he could control) like Dumbo and Aladdin. He cried when he had to get off of Aladdin and Peter Pan he loved them so much.

My daughter was 20 months when we went in March.
She LOVED just about everything we did. Carousel was her absolute favorite. She loved the parades, Winnie the pooh, small world, peter pan, haunted mansion. I can't think of anything she didn't love besides the characters :P

We will be taking my 21 month old son this December. Will POTC or Haunted Mansion be appropriate?

At 2yrs 10mos my daughter wanted to go on Haunted Mansion sooooo bad but then she was afraid. :(. She loved POC though. At 21 mos your child might be too young to have a fear of HM, although it is dark, so if there is fear of the dark it might be too much.

Has anyone taken a toddler on Seven Dwarf's Mine Train? She's about to be 3, and she's tall enough. Thoughts?

DD was 27 months when we visited and we rode the goofy coaster during MNSSHP so many times in a row I almost puked (then she and Daddy rode it a few more times after I got off). She also loved Winnie the Pooh, the Safari (and all the animals) at AK, all the Dumbo (and circus play area)/Dinosaur/Aladdin Carpet rides, POTC, HM (we talked up how the ghosts were fun and friendly), Peter Pan, Living with the Land, all of the Seas pavilion and everything she did at Typhoon lagoon. She *hated* It's a Small World and was terrified of the princesses (but loved all the other characters).

If she had been tall enough for SDMT, we absolutely would have taken her on it.

I took my daughter on 7DMT at 2yrs 8mos. She went on SM and BTMR at 2yrs 10mos. Loved them all! Some people recommend trying Barnstormer first, but I actually find 7DMT to be a much smoother ride than Barnstormer. If your child likes other rides, 7DMT is a great first roller coaster. Have fun!

My daughter loves trains, so obviously the train haha. Everything else listed above is good too. She actually liked the faster rides, rather than something like Ariel. She was 10 months when we went last time and will be almost 2 when we go in two weeks.

Last trip our youngest was 2-1/2. She loved It's a Small World, Aladdin's Carpets/Dumbo, Carousel, Teacups and many of the shows at Hollywood Studios. Her favorite thing though was meeting characters and watching parades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter