Best books for a 14 yr old boy?

My son is almost 13, so close in age. He loves reading on his Kindle, and often ebooks are cheaper than hard copies, so we plan on getting him a gift certificate to barns and noble, so he can order what he wants. He likes the Percy Jackson series, anything zombie, stuff like that. Maybe the Hunger Games series? Good luck! :goodvibes

My Boys are 12 & 15 so close enough right? ;) They have both read
Percy Jackson
Heroes of Olympus (Percy Jackson Spin off)
Kane Chronicles (same author-Egyptian Mythology series)
Hunger Games
Kingdom Keepers
Harry Potter

I read them all first to make sure they were appropriate. Kane Chronicles was my least favorite. Kingdom Keepers was hands down the favorite in our Disney obsessed house! Good thing it was the Kindle version otherwise we'd all be fighting over who read it first! :rotfl2:

DS13 is currently into the Ranger's Apprentice series as well as any of the Percy Jackson series.

Thanks everyone. He has read the Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, and Kingdom Keepers already. Will check out the others.

Thanks everyone. He has read the Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, and Kingdom Keepers already. Will check out the others.

I've heard the Alex Rider series is good. It's on my son's list for after he finishes the Artemis Fowl series, which he's really enjoying right now.

My sons are 12 and 15....

All of the above listed,

Jurassic Park (an oldie but goodie),

The Gone series by Michael Grant,

Weirdly enough my oldest is reading Mein Kampf, it's an autobiography by Hitler, he wrote it starting about 8 years old and it outlines how he planned to do exactly what he did, but no one thought anything of it because of his age.

I'm glad you started this thread, I am always looking for new reading ideas for my guys.

Check out station eleven. It's not a series but won the national book award this year for fiction.

At that age my friends and I read the Hobbit, the Lord of the Rings series, Artemis Fowl, the outsiders, Harry Potter, and anything by eion colfer.

The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson is a good one. It's about a group of kids who are genetically engineered to have special abilities. Sort of like X-Men. Pretty cool, and different from what's been suggested so far.

Alex Rider
Chronicles of Narnia
Stephen King (by the time I was 14 I had read almost all of them that were in print at that time).
Interview with the Vamire series

On a totally different sort of track -- biographies of people that he might find interesting (sports players, political people, historical figures, scientists), based on his interests.

My sons are 12 and 15....

All of the above listed,

Jurassic Park (an oldie but goodie),

The Gone series by Michael Grant,

Weirdly enough my oldest is reading Mein Kampf, it's an autobiography by Hitler, he wrote it starting about 8 years old and it outlines how he planned to do exactly what he did, but no one thought anything of it because of his age.

I'm glad you started this thread, I am always looking for new reading ideas for my guys.

Thank you for posting this! Mein Kampf is something my ds17 would find interesting. He loves world history.
Now if I could just get ds14 to love to read. :sad2:

My son loved the following books/series:
Maze Runner
Divergent
Hunger Games
I Am Number Four
Rereading Harry Potter series a few years after he finished them the first time (he said it was like reading them for first time)
Why I Jump
The Giver
Eric Rex

Some of these have been mentioned, but I didn't see the I Am Number Four series which is more dystopia if he likes that type of thing

If your son likes horror, Darren Shan's Cirque du Freak, Demonata, or Zom-B series might go over well.
Another series my sons liked were the Enders Game books
Also, I think it was Anthony Horiwitz
Pendragon series

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter