• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best bottles for Keeping Water COLD!?

alaskajamaica

Earning My Ears
So I am thinking of bringing in water bottles- not sure which brand yet to keep water cold since we will be there in the summer. What is your strategy for keeping water cold? What brands are good for Adults and kids?

Should we get one that has a pouch or string to carry the water bottle and attach it to something? (hope that makes sense).

We just bought Ecovessels from Amazon. I bought 1 to try out because they are pretty expensive. Within a week I had ordered 3 more for the rest of the family. They are insulated stainless steel and keep water very cold all day long. I have also found ice still in it the next morning from the day before. We just took them on our Disney cruise and it kept water very cold all day on Castaway Cay.

I am partial to Thermoses. They make them with sip straws now (you can get them at Target pretty cheap). These things keep water ice cold for 12 hours!

Another option is Polar Bottles. They are insulated plastic sports type bottles. They come in lots of sizes, but they don't keep water THAT cold for too long. You have to use lots of ice, but they do hold a large amount of water (the largest is a 28 oz bottle. You can find these at sporting goods stores.

This! http://www.flylady.com/pages/flyshop_swb.asp Absolutely the best water bottle hands down. Wide mouth top to fit standard sized ice cubes, easy and convenient twist cap with small opening to drink from. And it comes with different colored straps so you can tell who each one belongs to.

It has been 100 degrees here. I took them to the pool yesterday and one got left in the car overnight. It was still full of ice and ready to drink this morning.

Unless you get a bottle that is INSULATED you are wasting your money. The stainless steel bottles you find everywhere do very little to keep the water cold, and the extra holders you buy to try to keep them cold aren't much help. And it is hard to find ones with a wide mouth to fit the standard sized ice cubes you get in most homes. I can put this one under the ice dispenser and fill it from there.

My kids love Thermos FUNtainers. They keep your drink super cold, have a straw to drink from and they have Disney ones, too!

Have you considered getting the free ice water as needed and not carrying anything extra? Every CS restaurant that serves fountain drink will give you all free cups of filtered ice water, no purchase necessary:)

My kids love Thermos FUNtainers. They keep your drink super cold, have a straw to drink from and they have Disney ones, too!

My kids use these - and they are GREAT! Ice will stay in them for hours! They are amazing. We got ours at Walmart - they are in the aisle with the lunch boxes and kids plastic cups/plates. They are a bit small for DH and I so we just ordered Thermos hydration bottles - they are the same idea. Love Thermos brand.

Here is a little trick I learned the last time I went that I never knew in all the YEARS I have gone to WDW.

The very best way to get cold water is to go to any service counter and ask for the ice water. They fill up the regular large cup with ice and water and its FREE!!

Have you considered getting the free ice water as needed and not carrying anything extra? Every CS restaurant that serves fountain drink will give you all free cups of filtered ice water, no purchase necessary:)

Didn't read it all first. ;) It is nice to not worry about water bottles.

Here is a little trick I learned the last time I went that I never knew in all the YEARS I have gone to WDW.

The very best way to get cold water is to go to any service counter and ask for the ice water. They fill up the regular large cup with ice and water and its FREE!!

So, they don't give you any attitude at all when you just ask for water and nothing else?

The free CS water only helps if you can actually drink it :eek: Can't drink MK water under any circumstances, don't care what you mask it with :)

thanks for the ideas, I am looking for something to bring to work to reduce the amount of plastic I am tossing :)

some people don't like the taste of that water.

i'm going to get a filtered water bottle so I can reduce my load in the strollers and cost of water bottles.

I usually bring 3 refillables normal ones and some store bought ones. But if I have one filtered, I can cut down on what I bring with my DD.

We usually have access to a freezer so we usually buy sports style water bottles at the supermarket and almost fill them the night before. We pop them in the freezer overnight and in the morning pop on the lids and carry them in our bags. Through the course of the day they melt giving you ice cold water all day. We just wash them out well and refill them using a huge container of bottles water each day.

Also if you have a backpack on they keep your back nice and cool!

Should say that you need to keep them in a plastic bag or else the contents of your bag can get wet with the condensation!

Klean Kanteen's new insulated stainless steel bottles are awesome! I have found ice still in mine after 24 hours! Love it for water and coffee!

Several years ago we are DHS and bought these insulated holders that had a shoulder strap. They work great the shoulder strap is a plus, we use them all time in the summer! I cannot remember extactly where but was one of those outdoor kiosk stations.

We also used ordinary water bottes that we froze each night. As they melted during the day, we had constant ice cold water.

I just bought insulated Camelbak bottles from L.L. Bean and so far they seem to be working out great in our hot weather... we'll have to see how they do in the REALLY hot August Florida weather. :rolleyes1

So I am thinking of bringing in water bottles- not sure which brand yet to keep water cold since we will be there in the summer. What is your strategy for keeping water cold? What brands are good for Adults and kids?

Should we get one that has a pouch or string to carry the water bottle and attach it to something? (hope that makes sense).

carrying them is heavy and cumbersome.
Did You know that you can walk up to any counter service in any park and politely ask for ice water. They gladly give it to you and it is FREE, drink away, bring crystal light if you wish ;)...no carrying and thirst quenched! :wizard:
BY the way, we ship water each trip...my dh will not drink any of the fla water, not even to brush his teeth:rotfl2::rotfl2: He generally buys bottled at parks....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter