Best Breakfast at Resort ??

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
At which DVC Resort has the best American Breakfast. I was at OKW at Olivia's and their breakfast potatoes were over cooked and greasy:crazy2:. Which DVC is your favorite?? . Oh and good coffee :coffee:

Don't mind if it's buffet . TIA

Since you're specifying American, I'd have to go with Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club(Villas) which is both buffet and happens to be a character breakfast. For overall, hands down, I'd recommend Boma at Animal Kingdom Village-Jambo house.

Boma is my first thought...but it lost my overly enthuiastic recommendation when they swapped the incredible cinnamon raisin French toast for bread pudding.

Beach club is very enjoyable.

The Grand Floridian cafe might have consideration for a top spot.

There is also Tonga toast at the Poly (but its not yet DVC)

Neither of our favs are typical "American" fare. Boma as already mentioned is always a win-win for us and we also really enjoyed Cat Cora's on the Boardwalk (adjacent to BWV). It was delish!!:thumbsup2

While it is more on the healthy side so more modern southern American the best breakfast I have had at Disney is at The Wave at the Contemporary. The have both a choice of a menu and buffet options. Their sweet potato pancakes were amazing, the fruit was also very fresh.

BC has a huge breakfast sandwich that takes two hands to eat and come with a scoop of potato casserole. cost is $8.00

Neither of our favs are typical "American" fare. Boma as already mentioned is always a win-win for us and we also really enjoyed Cat Cora's on the Boardwalk (adjacent to BWV). It was delish!!:thumbsup2

Those are my top 2 favorites as well !

While it is more on the healthy side so more modern southern American the best breakfast I have had at Disney is at The Wave at the Contemporary. The have both a choice of a menu and buffet options. Their sweet potato pancakes were amazing, the fruit was also very fresh.

So good. And since their cheese grits on the buffet were cooked with bacon in it, they made up some fresh for us without the bacon.

The Wave was great and is often available as a walk up! Last April I got in there with no wait. We were on a cash night at ASM and I could not feed ds 15 months as the food court was so crowded. I got on the bus to MK then went to the Contemporary to the Wave and we were seated right away. With being alone with Ds I ordered from the menu but boy that buffet looked great! Healthy things as well.

Boma is our favorite overall though :).

Another vote for the Wave for American food.
Like many others, we also like Boma's.

Olivia's is one of my favorite restaurants for breakfast. But, like the OP, I also personally do not care for the potatoes. But fruit or grits (and they do have wonderful, creamy grits) can be substituted.I do not do buffets for breakfast, if I can possibly avoid them. Bad memories of a really dirty, nasty breakfast buffet in Hawaii when I was a teen, when I was on a band trip.

Another vote for Boma! From what I remember they had plenty of more traditional options as well as more interesting fare. I also liked the Wave a lot too.

While not technically DVC, since Yacht Club and Beach Club/Beach Club Villas share facilities, I really like the Captain's Grille too. (and you can walk there from BWV too.) They have the choice of a buffet menu or a la carte. When the buffet frittata had meat in it, they made my mother up a vegetarian omelet. My mom was happy with the coffee and I loved the tea selections, the vanilla pear was great. The chocolate cherry waffles from the a la carte menu are incredibly decadent and truly are a dessert for breakfast. I couldn't finish them!

I also like Kona Cafe which I'm not sure if you want to count either since the Poly doesn't have a DVC yet. However it is easy walking distance from the GF villas. I hear the coffee is very good there. It does get busy some mornings though.

I have two.

The Wave at the Contemporary - lots of choices, great price for a buffet, and discounts available, plus it's usually a walk in. I don't like the dim lighting feel. They should have named it The Wave in the Cave. But for the convenience I'm there.

1900 Park Fare - Here I like the atmosphere, the characters, the food. Have to make ADR's usually, but have occasionally walked up. Uusally have to wait whether I have an ADR or not. I plan this when I'm not rushing off somewhere else. This place is not relaxing so if you don't like hustle and bustle before noon, have a second thought.

Not SSR, I just had the worst breakfast ever there. Cold potatoes, cold toast, undercooked omlet, runny grits and bad coffee to top it off. My vote goes to Capitans Grill at YC. Good variety.

Here's another vote for the Captain's Grill at the Yacht Club. Best breakfast buffet in the area since Spoodles was sadly closed, then turned into the far inferior Kouzzina.

Here's another vote for The Wave breakfast buffet! Love their sweet potato pancakes! Had a great breakfast at Captain's Grille buffet. If either added Tonga Toast, I'd be set!!

Boma is our hands down favorite every time for breakfast. While they have African dishes (must try the bobotie), they also have traditional American offerings such as an omelet station, Mickey waffles, eggs, pecan sticky buns (my fav), cereal and fruit. Their juice is delicious as is the coffee. Oh they also roast ham and turkey for breakfast too! Really, you must try it.

We also like Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. 1900 Park Fare at GF is also good. We plan on trying the Wave for breakfast this coming trip. It sounds really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter