• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Breakfast Buffet?

Boma! Hands down. Any breakfast buffet lover should love this place because its different - yet has enough normal choices to make everyone happy.

If you want a character meal for that 2 year old - then Crystal Palace. I think the Pooh characters are great for that age.

Captains Grille or the Wave are the two places DW an I hit up for Breakfast. Both have a buffet and ala cart food. YUMMY!!

Love Pooh and the gang at Crystal Palace, but Tusker is the better experience, love the Safari Mickey gang, LOVE the special Jungle Juice and great buffet selection.

Awesome start to a full day at AK!

Being a "yankee" up north, we love trail's end buffet for breakfast at fort wilderness. No characters, dining plan (TS credit) and lots of things you don't see on any other buffet. We haven't done it in a few years but we have reservations twice for this upcoming trip. When I was little, this was the first place I had biscuits and gravy. never knew that was a thing, my parents had never heard of it. There's just a lot of "normal" down south that us northerners have never heard of.

No Cape May fans:confused3? Never been but have ADR for December and hoping it's worth it. My DH loves a good breakfast too.

Trails End, was a nice surprise on a trip last year.
No characters so less expensive. Less crowded and don't have to fight crowds getting into Park. Ideal for a non-park morning. The downside is trying to get there depending on where you are staying. We usually take the boat form WL, Contemporary, or MK.

Being able to walk around after breakfast at Ft Wilderness and visit horses etc was an added bonus. After writing this I have to go book it for my next stay!

I love 8AM Tusker House. Great selection and it's right next to Kilimanjaro Safari when you're done.

If on the dining plan you probably want an expensive one. For OOP or if you don't care about maximizing the value of the plan, The Wave is the BEST breakfast buffet.

For omivores I'd say Tusker is the second best, but we're vegetarian and found absolutely nothing interesting or worth the cost there. We LOVE Tusker for lunch/dinner foods, there's a lot of interesting and delicious vegetarian variety there, but breakfast was more of the same for us. Thank goodness we booked one of those end-of-breakfast-start-of-lunch times, so when b'fast was disappointing we still had lunch foods available.

Other then that, most breakfast buffet's are disappointingly the same: there are three or so unique items, then the same blandness. I'm being a bit snarky there, but I don't think most of them have very high quality food. They have a lot of it, though, and plenty of options.

Exactly.

We have always enjoyed breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. We've never eaten breakfast there, but Boma's breakfast menu does look great.

Last edited:
I love Crystal Palace. Cape May is a close second...if only I could hit a day where Minnie is sick and has to send a friend. NOT a Minnie fan, but I tolerate her if I have to.

Right now I have Cape May for my visit over Wine & Dine weekend...but I am stalking on my own (I don't believe in paying someone to look for me) for a CP slot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter