• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best burgers outside of disneyland?

Fatburger Fatburger Fatburger yum!!! its in Orange...you get off on Harbor south and its a few long blocks :rotfl: its on Tustin St.. I think

Okay, I confess. i just don't get it. What is the deal with In and Out?
We went. We had heard all the hype and they were the blandest, most boring burgers I have ever had. There were only a couple of basic burgers to choose from.
We were very disappointed.
Does California just not have a great burger place so this is the best? Or is there a different in and out burger? I don't get it.

disneegrl4eva said:
Fatburger Fatburger Fatburger yum!!! its in Orange...you get off on Harbor south and its a few long blocks :rotfl: its on Tustin St.. I think
There's also a Fatburger very near Knott's - east on La Palma before you get to the Buena Park Mall.

As for burgers, my favorite is Tommy's. Chili cheeseburgers with beefsteak tomato and pickles. Really good, but although there are several in OC, unfortunately there aren't any close to DL. Even the original in LA (Beverly and Rampart) is off the beaten path.

bclydia said:
There were only a couple of basic burgers to choose from.
Does California just not have a great burger place so this is the best? Or is there a different in and out burger? I don't get it.

They actually have a lot of burgers that are not on the menu. I don't know all of the names but do know about the 4x4 and the protein style.

bclydia said:
We went. We had heard all the hype and they were the blandest, most boring burgers I have ever had. There were only a couple of basic burgers to choose from.

dont feel bad...I dont really care for them all that much either...I mean they are ok but nothing to write home about :confused3

bclydia said:

Well at least you can say they are the healthiest hamburgers out there & the most affordable (for a double double meal its less than 5 bucks). They are made fresh as well as the fries.

Fatburger to me is too expensive for what you get and just like the name says, they are pretty fatty :rolleyes1

bclydia said:

I love a good burger and fries..... I had never had an In and Out until several years ago. We moved and there is one at the off-ramp from the freeway to get to our house...! :Pinkbounc or so I thought!
Finally a quick bite to eat on the way home.

Well first off there is nothing quick about this place. The reason for this is valid - they cook everything fresh - which is nice. Their burgers like others have mentioned are just basic burgers with lettuce, tomatoes and Thousand Island dressing and you have an option of cheese and grilled or fresh onions. I think their single burger is to small of a portion for me and I really don't eat much. I don't understand the hype. Their fries are good though! I think you can get good options at Mc Donalds, Carls Jr and I love Fudruckers too! Enjoy!

I love in and out too, the protein style burger wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun is soo good! we have a fatburger near us but at over 9 dollars for a combo it is really expensive for a family.

Tink33 said:
They actually have a lot of burgers that are not on the menu. I don't know all of the names but do know about the 4x4 and the protein style.

The hidden menu. I like my Double Double "Animal style" personally. 4x4 is 4 meat patties and 4 cheese slices. You can make the number anything you want. Care to try an 8x8 or a 16x16? I once had a co-worker get an 8x8 protein style. Disgusting. Cheese was oozing everywhere and the guy ate the whole thing. You can also get well-done fries, animal style fries or any combination thereof. They also have root beer floats and neopolitan shakes. All kinds of combinations at In-n-Out.

Another In-N-Out lover here! :thumbsup2 Oh, how I wish we had In-N-Out here in Texas!

Anyone heard of The Island?

once you get a burger, you will stare at it for a few minutes before you "attempt" to attack it :P

Albort said:
Anyone heard of The Island?

once you get a burger, you will stare at it for a few minutes before you "attempt" to attack it :P
I haven't heard of "The Island" but I have heard of Islands. IMO, these are great places to go for burgers as well. I dig their cheddar fries! Yummy! In addition to Islands, In-N-Out and Tommy's are my favorites, too.

lap3 said:
I haven't heard of "The Island" but I have heard of Islands. IMO, these are great places to go for burgers as well. I dig their cheddar fries! Yummy! In addition to Islands, In-N-Out and Tommy's are my favorites, too.

yea, thats what i mean, recommended over In n Out btw :) But this is really a fast food, more of a sit down. and yes, their cheddar fries are the best too....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter