Best bus experience?

I have stayed at every DVC resort and I had the best experience at Wilderness Lodge...it was flawless. I also have had good experiences at OKW but there are multiple bus stops there. Boardwalk/BC are great locations because you only have to use the buses to go to DAK/MK/Downtown...DHS and EPCOT are a boat ride or walk.

I'd put Boardwalk as worst bus experience. Going to MK or DAK, you still have to stop at the Swan then Dolphin before finally leaving.
And when you come back for an afternoon break, you might get a 5 stop bus S/D/YC/BC then finally BW
Last summer, even DHS had a disadvantage as afternoon storms stopped the boat service, and instead, got the 5 stop service again. (Happened 2x to me)

Great info!

I also experienced the boats not running in the rain and the monorail **** down due to lightening. But those buses keep going, lol! We had to wait about 45 min for a bus to take us from the GF to the Contemporary when they made us all get off the monorail there.

Best: AKV, only two stops within resort and shares with no other resort. Busses are usually timely.

Absolute Worst: BWV. This piece of junk for a bus system should be scrapped, whoever supervises it should be tied and quartered, and Disney should just start over. Shares with S/D (adding two stops), often also shares with YC/BC (adding another two stops), and delays seem to be the norm rather than the exception. Thankfully, you can walk or boat to Epcot and Studios.

They all seem to have their pluses and minuses!! I own at both BLT and BWV. I usually have no huge issues with the buses at BWV. BLT isn't too bad either. Yes, BWV shares with the S/D. And sometimes with YC/BC..but I seldom find myself on the bus that makes stops at all of these resorts!!
I think the best is probably a tie between Kidani/Jambo Houses and VWL. Yes, the bus for WL does make other stops but you also have that boat ability. For Kidani? The bus stops only at Jambo House, then off to the parks. Yes, it is a bit removed, but if you don't mind busing everywhere, it's not a bad choice.

OKW has multiple stops within the resort itself, as does SSR. You can find yourself on that bus, if you get on first, for close to 20-25 mins before leaving resort property and heading to the park!!!

OKW has the best bus system.

Unless you are talking about the bus to the MK from WL/VWL. Direct, non-stop and back again.

Unless you are talking about the bus to the MK from WL/VWL. Direct, non-stop and back again.

Do you mean then the best system at the resort itself? I was reversing to the resort that had the most efficient means of bus transportation to and from the parks. Sorry for any confusion! :)

Absolute Worst: BWV. This piece of junk for a bus system should be scrapped, whoever supervises it should be tied and quartered, and Disney should just start over. Shares with S/D (adding two stops), often also shares with YC/BC (adding another two stops), and delays seem to be the norm rather than the exception. Thankfully, you can walk or boat to Epcot and Studios.

This had me laughing out loud. It is so true!

if you are sharing resorts or just multiple stops the delay is the same.

as much as I love blt - it probably has the worst - it shares with the polyn and gf for both studio and ak.

can't believe cr/blt does not share with wl for studio and ak.

the polyn and gf are not near each other - so it takes time alot of time.

the best bus system is at Pop - it has the one stop at Pop - goes instantly to the park.

akv shares with akl

if you are sharing resorts or just multiple stops the delay is the same.

as much as I love blt - it probably has the worst - it shares with the polyn and gf for both studio and ak.

can't believe cr/blt does not share with wl for studio and ak.

the polyn and gf are not near each other - so it takes time alot of time.

the best bus system is at Pop - it has the one stop at Pop - goes instantly to the park.

akv shares with akl

WL shares buses with Fort Wilderness. But the times I took the bus from WL, we took the long way around. I thought they would take the shortcut through the woods.

WL shares buses with Fort Wilderness. But the times I took the bus from WL, we took the long way around. I thought they would take the shortcut through the woods.

the shortcut through the woods is FW?

Blt/CR and WL/VWL are almost next door - they should share. then FW could be on its own. of course that might cause a problem with WL guests going to Hoop-Dee-Doo - because it was at one time one of those buses.

Probably required a left turn.
I think Disney changed a few routes to longer ones for a variety of reasons like safety and fuel economy (like Fed Ex?)
ie.. AKL busses used to cut to World drive by going by CSR (shorter but that adds a light)
SSR to EPCOT was much quicker..there's basically roads that circle EPCOT and DVC Way to EP is like going from 3:00 to 12:00 counter clockwise, but now they go clockwise, down to 6:00 and DHS and then finally up to 12...,longer but the busses avoid that express merge from the right, then cross 2 lanes and exit on the left within 1/2 mile...

The one thing I wish Disney would fix is Gate up speed..how many hundreds/thousands of gallons of fuel do they waste each year waiting for gates to raise?

Probably required a left turn.
I think Disney changed a few routes to longer ones for a variety of reasons like safety and fuel economy (like Fed Ex?)
ie.. AKL busses used to cut to World drive by going by CSR (shorter but that adds a light)
SSR to EPCOT was much quicker..there's basically roads that circle EPCOT and DVC Way to EP is like going from 3:00 to 12:00 counter clockwise, but now they go clockwise, down to 6:00 and DHS and then finally up to 12...,longer but the busses avoid that express merge from the right, then cross 2 lanes and exit on the left within 1/2 mile...

The one thing I wish Disney would fix is Gate up speed..how many hundreds/thousands of gallons of fuel do they waste each year waiting for gates to raise?

you are probably correct - know disney was very upset over the buses hitting the guests car - but though that was after the change.

And that's what makes America great!!! I've stayed at OKW. We were on the bus from Epcot one night. We spent as much time within the resort as we did driving from Epcot to OKW...maybe a bit longer. Yes, we were the last stop. But man..it took forever to get there!!
And the same is true of SSR..if you're the last stop, it seems like forever.
No, these two resorts don't share with another resort...but they have just as many stops!!! BW buses make at least 2 addtl stops, and sometimes that goes up to 4 addtl stops. The time on the bus is pretty comparable!!!

And that's what makes America great!!! I've stayed at OKW. We were on the bus from Epcot one night. We spent as much time within the resort as we did driving from Epcot to OKW...maybe a bit longer. Yes, we were the last stop. But man..it took forever to get there!!
And the same is true of SSR..if you're the last stop, it seems like forever.
No, these two resorts don't share with another resort...but they have just as many stops!!! BW buses make at least 2 addtl stops, and sometimes that goes up to 4 addtl stops. The time on the bus is pretty comparable!!!

Okay, but if you were at the last stop (HH) why did you not get off the bus at the first stop and cross the street to HH? When we stay in the buildings that are serviced by the HH bus stop, we always get on there, but get off at Penninsular Road and walk back. It's less distance than most hallways at BWV and AKV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter