• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Car Rental

Which car rental company is best for returning before and picking up after a cruise

• Hertz

• Budget

• Dollar

• Thrifty

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

EpcotGuy

Helloooo... It's Figment!
Which car rental company is the best for dropping off before the cruise, and then for picking up after the cruise. Especially the ease of returning and picking up

Specifics would be greatly appreciated!!

We like to use Budget because we usually find the best prices with them (using discount codes) and their cars are located on airport property. We have found the Cape Canaveral people to be very friendly and efficient.

Good poll, I've been wondering the same thing. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!

I use National because I can apply my corporate discount for personal usage. With this benefit I get a big discount.

I was under the impression that National did not have an office near the port. I typically use National when picking up/dropping off at MCO.

Any word on Hertz? We're headed out on October 2nd and will be dropping off at Hertz. We have an 11:00am port arrival time. Still time to make other arrangements if it's not going to work.

We have always used Budget. We have found they have the best rates, they are prompt at bringing you back to the cruise ship and are there when we get off to bring us back to the rental office.

Just a side note, you may want to drop off your family at the ship rather than go directly to the rental location and then haul the entire family and luggage on the shuttle. We have had them ask some groups to wait until the next shuttle because they would have taken up the entire shuttle and would have put 5 other groups out.

We have always used Budget. We have found they have the best rates, they are prompt at bringing you back to the cruise ship and are there when we get off to bring us back to the rental office.

Just a side note, you may want to drop off your family at the ship rather than go directly to the rental location and then haul the entire family and luggage on the shuttle. We have had them ask some groups to wait until the next shuttle because they would have taken up the entire shuttle and would have put 5 other groups out.

Great idea - why didnt I thnik of that!!!! :rotfl2:

We've always used Budget....

1. They offer the best rates (using promo codes and cashback rebate programs can get you a really good deal)
2. They are the rental car company CLOSEST to PC
3. They start their shuttle services the earliest and end it the latest
4. Their shuttle's run is more frequent than the others

Avis is not listed but the one time I used them, I had no problem. I get the best rate through them using a corp code.

I voted for Budget as that is who we generally end up with but I have used Avis once or twice as well. I use the codes on Mousesavers and try them all before making the final commitment.

We have never had any issues with either of those companies and I would not hesitate to use them again.

I used Avis as well. Rented using rewards points on a CC.

I think that as far as distance from the port... Budget is the closest... and I may be wrong... but Avis is next (on Astronaut Blvd).

Thanks to everyone who has responded. What I am really looking for is which is the most CONVIENIENT company to return to and then pick back up from at the Port. I look at the cost and use any available coupons obviously. I'm interested in knowing if it's a real hassle to use one company over another, or if one is really easy to use. KWIM?

When we sailed out of PC last year (on Carnival)... I used Avis... The others in my group used Budget. I think they were both equally convenient...

We all dropped off families/luggage at the port... and then drove to return our cars. One of the guys drove along with me while I dropped my car...(there was a Shuttle at Avis when I got there taking people to the port).... and we went back to Budget and dropped off his car.... Shuttle picked us all up about 30 minutes after we finished turning in our cars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter