Best Character Breakfast?

Ashwen730

Earning My Ears
We aren't big breakfast eaters, I would prefer to have a bowl of cereal or pop tart and get my day started. However, my DH wants to do one good breakfast while at Disney. My DD is 7, so I thought we could do a character breakfast. Which one is best?

I prefer the character breakfast at Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club. I find it to be a little less hectic than the others.

I've eaten at Chef Mickey's (many years ago), Cape May and Tusker House. I agree that Cape May is less hectic; but, Tusker House is fun! Food at both were equally good!!:)

We loved tusker house and crystal palace but the favorite by far: 'ohana. (We've done ohana twice!) the potatoes are amazing and we loved the characters: LILO and stitch, Mickey and Pluto.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We did do Tusker House a few years ago, so I want to try something different this time.

We aren't big breakfast eaters, I would prefer to have a bowl of cereal or pop tart and get my day started. However, my DH wants to do one good breakfast while at Disney. My DD is 7, so I thought we could do a character breakfast. Which one is best?

Its hard to say which one is best but our top three choices for character breakfasts are Tusker House, Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast and Crystal Palace. Out of those three we're torn between Ohana's Best Friend Breakfast and Crystal Palace. We love the food at both and we really enjoy the juice at Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast.

If we were only doing one character breakfast I would probably pick Crystal Palace since you can make a reservation for before the park opens. Its nice getting in the park early and being able to take pictures in front of the castle before the large crowds come in.

Also if your DD likes the princesses you may want to look at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. The character interaction has always been great and the food is good as well. We have all boys otherwise it would probably be in our top three. Lol None the less we've gone back every trip so far and enjoy it everytime.

1900 Park Fare is my personal favorite but Crystal Palace is great also especially if you get a reservation before Magic Kingdom open

Love Tusker House at AK, or your DD may enjoy the Princess at Akerhaus in Norway at Epcot. Both have great food. Tusker House has Donald Duck, Mickey, Goofy and Daisy. We always eat at Tusker House, usually before the park opens, then have the whole day at AK.

Tusker House has my favorite food but since you have done that one, I'd probably pick Crystal Palace next. I'm in the minority but I didn't like the food or character interaction at OHana. Cape May has a quiet atmosphere but it's out of the way and I think Crystal Palace has a better food selection.

If you want to do a princess meal, I prefer Akershus over CRT.

Tusker House is my favorite. If you want to do something different, my second favorite is Crystal Palace before park opening.

We thought all of the food was pretty similar at all of the buffets, so the biggest question would be which characters your DD would like to meet. That would be what I recommend!

Your daughter might love Akershus in Epcot. She can meet the princesses and get a picture package with Belle included in the meal price. The food was typical breakfast fare.

Our favorite character breakfast is Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary.

I especially like this one, if you're not doing other character meals, because it's the only character meal where you can find all 5 of the Fab 5 characters - Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, & Pluto.

Additionally, the setting feels very "Disney-ish to me - it's in the Contemporary & the monorail runs through. And there's "fun" stuff like napkin twirling too.

The dinner buffet doesn't get very good reviews, but we've always enjoyed the breakfast buffet! Plus, they have Mickey waffles!

And, if you're going into the MK after breakfast, the CR is just a short walk away from the MK.

I agree with Cape May Cafe. We just ate there this morning for breakfast and really enjoyed it.:thumbsup2 They have added some nice things on the buffet although they ran out of my favorite chocolate croissants!:rolleyes2 But, probably better off anyway, I did have a chance to have one and if I had anymore I would have left feeling VERY stuffed LOL!:rotfl2:

I am working on a new review with LOTS of photos of the buffet, food and restaurant shots. Characters were lots of fun (Goofy, Donald and Minnie). I do have a review from one of our past visits if you'd like to take a look but stay tuned for an updated review over the next few days from our experience from today.:thumbsup2

Our Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast Experience

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day so I have been to many of the character breakfasts over the years! My number 1 favorite is Chef Mickey's. I definitely prefer this one for breakfast over dinner any day. The food is great and the buffet seems endless. The character interaction is fun and you will get to see Mickey and the gang!

My other favorite is Crystal Palace... nothing like getting into the park before it opens for some great Main Street photos before having this great meal!

Those are the two character meals I chose for our November trip. :thumbsup2

We were pleasantly surprised with 1900 Park Fare last trip. The food tends to be the same at all the breakfast buffets, but the character interaction was great. Im 27 and my brother is 21 and he said to make sure I book that breakfast again for our upcoming trip.

It would depend a lot on which characters are her favs. Most of the breakfasts that we have done are relatively the same, with a few differences. My favorite is Crystal Palace as Eeyore is my fav. character, also gets our MK morning off to a good start with an empty park in the AM.

It's just DH & me now, but the characters all insisted on both of us getting our pictures made with them, and spent lots of time clowning with us.

I was going to say 1900 Park Fare, but someone mentioned O'Hana's and it reminded me of how good it was! So my vote is for either one pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter