Best Character Meal

izzy25

Mouseketeer
Where is the best place to do a character meal? Our last trip we did not do this, and i'm hoping to be able to do it for our trip next April.

Thank you for your input!

"Best" is truly subjective, so I would not presume to tell you what might be best for you. However, we like Tusker House (B, L or D) because Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald and Goofy are there. We love the African-inspired food along with more traditional offerings. The atmosphere is great and we've had terrific servers. It is fairly low key compared to others (Chef Mickey's for example) which can get pretty loud. We also love 1900 Park Fare for dinner with Cinderella, the Prince, and the Tremaines who are worth the price of admission on their own. Just terrific. The food is good for our tastes, but I've seen others not like the offerings. Just my 2 cents on "best" character meals.

Tusker House has my favorite food, but if you want Princess characters then other places will be better. You get better interactions from "face" characters.

That's really subjective. We eat at nearly all of them each trip. It just depends what you want.

I think CRT in the castle is probably the most Disney feeling meal - it's in the iconic castle with the princesses you associate with Disney.

Tusker House breakfast is great - good food, fun, characters are great and you'll meet some of the classics

Ohana breakfast doesn't seem to get much love since it's family style and not much variety in food, but we love it. Characters are great and the food and atmosphere is always good.

Cape May breakfast has a good selection buffet with some classic characters. Interaction has always been good.

my 4 year daughter old loved Hollywood/Vine lunch, where they had Disney Jr characters (Sofia, jake, doc mcstuffins, handy manny). She sang, danced and marched around the whole restaurant.

food was bleh and expensive, but where isn't it Disney?

I think that Garden Grill is and excellent Character Meal. Due to the easy lay out (IE: its a circle) the characters tend to spend more time at the tables and take pictures and what not. Another advantage of the Garden Grill is that they don't seem to try and rush you out.

Crystal Palace is nostalgic for me. The Pooh characters are fantastic! I am so excited to take my kids there this trip.

Agree that's it's soooo subjective it's hard to say. I suggest starting with what characters you're interested in, then asking which of the several locations with them are "best" among that group.

Personally, I've become quite fond of any character meal served at the table or family style. The prices are so high for the buffets and my whole family (despite enjoying the variety at buffets) gets tired of them and eager for a rest off the feet instead of the precarious trips to and from the buffet. That means we favor Cinderellas table, Garden Grill, O'hana and Akershus (which is part buffet part family style)

Where is the best place to do a character meal? Our last trip we did not do this, and i'm hoping to be able to do it for our trip next April.

Thank you for your input!

For princesses we like CRT. For the fab five you have to do Chef Mickey, but Tusker House, which has Daisy instead of Minnie, is so much better. 1900 Park Fare is lovely at breakfast and hilarious at dinner. Cape May at the Beach Club is also good. Our least favorite character meal was dinner at Crystal Palace.

Our favorite for fun and excitement is chef mickeys breakfast. They play a fun song every 30 minutes or so and the characters dance around and everyone waves napkins in the air -- it's energetic and what could be more disney than eating with Mickey while the monorail runs through the resort and there are views of MK everywhere!

For great food and also character fun, we like crystal palace breakfast (create your own omelets and puffed French toast). Also enjoy 1900 PF for both breakfast and dinner.

We absolutely loved Minnie's Dine in HS.
They only do it for dinner and the theme changes each season (I think it's "Oscars/Red Carpet right now) But, the Fab 5 were, Well Fabulous!
Best character interaction for us ever! (We've been going since '76)
We can't wait to go back!

This differs for everyone... For us, I would say 1900 Park Fare for both breakfast and dinner were wonderful, the characters are great as is the food. Crystal Palace and Hollywood and Vine for breakfast are also great for characters and food.

Our entire family loved 1900 Park Fair.
We liked the food, and the characters were great. We went at dinner.

I liked the atmosphere at Akershus. Dh and I didn't care for our food, but it holds a special place in our hearts since it was dd's first character meal. Ill never forget her face. Priceless.

For the princess crowd, we preferred Akershus. Now that the kids are a bit older, we all love Garden Grill. Family style seems less stressful than a buffet, and the characters (Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale) are some of our favorites. Because you only pay for what you order, BOG dinner can a great inexpensive option to enjoy a castle and have a pic with the Beast. Especially nice for kids 10+ who prefer kids meals and other light eaters.

1900 park fare

Crystal palace breakfast is nice.

Big fan of Garden grill and they're open all day now.

Tucker house is great for breakfast as well

I like cape may but I'm a beach club fan.

Worst? Honesty Cinderella's, akershus, chef mickeys.

If you need princesses, do park fare dinner.

I had a character meal at Cinderella Castle (MK) and also Norway Pavilion (Epcot) both were equally wonderful!

for food, hands down, Tusker House. if you're a fan of Boma you'll love Tusker House.

for relaxed non-hectic breakfast we loved Ohana, and we LOVE stitch so major bonus there.

for character interaction it seems like the less popular ones have better interaction. I also find booking at odd times helps.

Our favorite is Garden Grill, we've had the best character interactions there and it's so fun with the rotation over Living With the Land. Also big fans of Crystal Palace!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter