best coffee in parks?

SCCNJ

Mouseketeer
So much doom and gloom so I thought maybe I'd ask a lighter question from my fellow canucks. :) I admit I'm a coffee snob and US coffee typically tastes terrible to me. I don't like Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts. Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent cup of coffee in any of the parks? We are going to need it! :

nope, not according to my hubby, the self proclaimed coffee snob extraordinaire! He referred to the stuff in the food court as a brown fluid with it's only saving grace being it provided caffeine. The stuff in the room was declared to be worse than bad. He drank the stuff in the parks only when he couldn't stand the headache.

best solution for him is packing his own coffee, a French press and one of those little coil things to boil bottled water. Like I said, he's a snob! He does love getting press pot coffee at all the resorts because each one has their own blend.

nope, not according to my hubby, the self proclaimed coffee snob extraordinaire! He referred to the stuff in the food court as a brown fluid with it's only saving grace being it provided caffeine. The stuff in the room was declared to be worse than bad. He drank the stuff in the parks only when he couldn't stand the headache.

best solution for him is packing his own coffee, a French press and one of those little coil things to boil bottled water. Like I said, he's a snob! He does love getting press pot coffee at all the resorts because each one has their own blend.
Oh that's too bad. :S We are bringing our own as well but thought we would only use it at the rental house.

There used to be a really good coffee cart before the gate at Animal Kingdom; sorry, forget the name but loved the java. It may be gone though now that SBux has moved into the parks.

Oh that's too bad. :S We are bringing our own as well but thought we would only use it at the rental house.

Sometimes a sit-down restaurant will have a decent coffee option. I know Sanaa does at the resorts, but not sure about the table service in the parks. Default would be Disney's Joffrey's Coffee unless otherwise stated, which to my palate is similar to Starbucks (which is also in each park).

Even if Joffrey's or Starbucks aren't your favourite, when you're doing an early morning an "need it," any coffee is good coffee! Since it sounds like you're staying in a rental house and driving to the parks though, maybe you could swing by a non-chain shop. There's World of Coffee in the 192 area,
https://www.yelp.com/biz/world-of-coffee-orlandoor Paloma Coffee up in Windermere,
https://www.yelp.com/biz/paloma-coffee-co-windermere
Being in Florida I know there's Cuban cafés around but there don't seem to be many in tourist central where rental housing usually is.

What about Kona at poly..i know its not in the park but i have heard good things
Never been for breakfast there but looks good. The coffee at Ohana next door was decent.
The coffee at Kona is the gold standard for my hubby and the good news is that you don't even need to go into the restaurant to get it! They have a little bar just beside it called Kona Island and you could easily hit it up, hop on the monorail and head to MK with a good cup of coffee in hand! Nice thing about that is you'll go thru a much smaller bag check before you get onto the monorail and already be in the security bubble.

According to hubby he didn't mind the Joffery stand just outside the Pixar area, the one in Africa was decent and the one in EPCOT closest to Canada was deemed to be "decent". He says that each one seems to have a slightly different blend and those 3 were the best.

Nomad Lounge in AK is the place to go!

From Allears:
Ethiopian Natural Press Pot, single origin
Indonesian Blend Press Pot, Celebes 70%/Java 30%
Peruvian Alto Mayo Protected Forest
Organic Colombian Press Pot, regular or decaf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter