• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best coffee to bring home from Disney?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I was wanting to bring home my mom and dad a bag of Disney's best coffee. But I really have no idea what flavor, type that would since we do not drink it. So what is the best one to buy?

There is plenty of coffee in souvenir tins in the gift shops at much better prices than Kona. It's probably Joeffry's coffee in the tins.

I looked online and you can get the Disney coffee at Joeffrys.com The Kona was the highest, I think. If I were to get that at Disney, would it have to be at the Poly?

Also, make sure you try to match what they prefer. It's a nice gesture, but if they are set in their ways with coffee, it might just be a waste of money. At least check if they are light/dark/medium roast people. A lot of people get VERY accustomed to "their" coffee over time. Of course, the gesture will be appreciated, but they might try it and spit it out. Coffee is kinda like that for a lot of ppl.

So I have to go to the Poly to get the Kona coffee? Couldn't pick it up in Disney Springs by chance?

IMO, Joffrey's is very good... and I'm a coffee snob. I know the Kona coffee at Poly isn't real Kona coffee.. It's a Kona blend, which means it's part Kona, then mixed with a lower-grade coffee... but it's still very good.

Do you happen to like the same kind of coffee that your Mom and Dad enjoy? That would help somewhat as you could enjoy a cup here and there and make a decision based on the best you find. I am am somewhat of a coffee snob, although have resisted developing a taste for the high-priced stuff.... and it can get really, really pricey, believe me! I am also a sucker for things with a Mickey label.

Much to my delight, I found that the bagged coffee sold as Mickey's coffee or similar, is a very pleasant brew. Not Kona, or Blue Mountain for sure, but definitely drinkable to me. It is not a terrible price as coffee of souvenirs go, either. I have also bought the little gift packs of cutesy-pie miniature containers that offer a variety of flavours. I don't care for flavoured coffee myself, but I break up the set and set them on the desks of my closest co-workers to let them know I was thinking of them. I keep the unflavoured one for myself and enjoy it. Maybe the packaging helps the taste, psychologically. I just know I drink it with a smile and hopefully your mom and dad will do the same.

Ps - if they really hate the coffee, the grounds are great in a garden, for certain plants. Always a silver lining.

Happy coffee hunting!

Oh, by the way - the words "coffee" and "Nescafé" should never be used in the same post.

Do you happen to like the same kind of coffee that your Mom and Dad enjoy? That would help somewhat as you could enjoy a cup here and there and make a decision based on the best you find. I am am somewhat of a coffee snob, although have resisted developing a taste for the high-priced stuff.... and it can get really, really pricey, believe me! I am also a sucker for things with a Mickey label.

Much to my delight, I found that the bagged coffee sold as Mickey's coffee or similar, is a very pleasant brew. Not Kona, or Blue Mountain for sure, but definitely drinkable to me. It is not a terrible price as coffee of souvenirs go, either. I have also bought the little gift packs of cutesy-pie miniature containers that offer a variety of flavours. I don't care for flavoured coffee myself, but I break up the set and set them on the desks of my closest co-workers to let them know I was thinking of them. I keep the unflavoured one for myself and enjoy it. Maybe the packaging helps the taste, psychologically. I just know I drink it with a smile and hopefully your mom and dad will do the same.

Ps - if they really hate the coffee, the grounds are great in a garden, for certain plants. Always a silver lining.

Happy coffee hunting!
I don't drink coffee, never had.

None. You can probably do better at home unless you specifically want a Disney-branded coffee. Real Kona is about $40+ a pound.

My advice exactly!! Nothing special about their coffee besides the bag it comes in!! You'll probably pay 4 times more for the privilege too!!

Maybe coffee MUGS, if you don’t want to take a chance on coffee itself. There are certainly no shortage of choice of those! You could add a pack of their favourite brand of beans or grind.

I came home with a Mickey French press. It is really cute but makes coffee for one. Great if there is just one early riser who wants a little morning fix before putting on a larger batch for 2. Useless if they always have coffee together, though.

I buy a bag of Disney coffee for my friend who takes in my mail. At 12.99 I wouldn't buy it for me, but she says its really good. You can get it at the World of Disney or some of the gift shops in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter