Best comfortable women's shorts for August heat in the parks

opus_00

Mouseketeer
What are your favorite shorts to wear at WDW during hot weather? I am 49 years old, and I do not find short shorts or most gym shorts flattering on me. My just-above-the-knee shorts that I really like have waistbands that will be way too restricting and uncomfortable in August. And since I've put on a little weight in the middle, I need to go shopping anyway.

I have some knit cotton exercise pants that are capri-length and extremely comfortable. I thought about getting a few extra pairs of those, but I wonder if the knit will just get clingy and heavy when sweaty or wet from rides or rain.

What are your favorite shorts to wear at WDW during hot weather? I am 49 years old, and I do not find short shorts or most gym shorts flattering on me. My just-above-the-knee shorts that I really like have waistbands that will be way too restricting and uncomfortable in August. And since I've put on a little weight in the middle, I need to go shopping anyway.

I have some knit cotton exercise pants that are capri-length and extremely comfortable. I thought about getting a few extra pairs of those, but I wonder if the knit will just get clingy and heavy when sweaty or wet from rides or rain.
As you've said you may find those kind of shorts a bit of a pain on wet rides or after a thunderstorm, I personally find they can take forever to dry! I find that boardshorts are best for me. You can get them in various lengths and with different type waist bands. They're lightweight and dry pretty fast.

I like the shorts and skorts by Columbia. They are quick drying. I bought these after wearing denim shorts that stayed wet for a long time in the park on a previous trip. They can be found at their outlets, and on sale at various stores( especially because the seasons are changing and fall clothes are being pushed out).
Here's a link: https://www.columbia.com/womens-pfg...ing&dwvar_1709201_variationColor=674#start=17

I second Columbia. I love their waistbands as well. My usual strategy for super-hot weather is tech fabric to help wick away the moisture. Same for tops too.

In the past I've found Gloria Vanderbilt shorts at Costco with a knit waistband. This year I went with Lee Diani, from Kohls or other online sources. Same concept, slightly updated style (a tad longer, a bit cargo-ish). Woven cotton fabric with a comfy knit waistband. JC Penney also has a similar style. May be hard to find now, since stores are stocking Fall stuff.

I wear plus size Levi's (7" inseam) and Old Navy active capris. They're compression but for me, not uncomfortable at all.

Duluth Trading's Dry on the Fly shorts! They are my absolute favorite, they come in 2 lengths of shorts, capris, and a skort and the waistband is the most comfortable ever.

I only had time to go to Kohl's tonight. No luck. All of the comfortable ones did not look good on me, and all of the ones that looked good on me were uncomfortable. Everything is so SHORT and TIGHT!

I went to another Kohl's tonight and found some Tek Gear quick-dry shorts, and they had a bermuda length that was a much more flattering fit on me than what I have seen elsewhere. I bought two of those. I also like Columbia shorts, and used to have a few pairs. I may order a couple online. Things are looking up!

In the past I've found Gloria Vanderbilt shorts at Costco with a knit waistband.

I bought 3 pair of the GV knee length shorts at Costco (Navy, Green and Khaki colored) and they are by far my favorites!!! They have a knit waist which make them stretchy, and buttons so they look stylish :hyper:
They are called the Beverly Bermuda shorts.

I only had time to go to Kohl's tonight. No luck. All of the comfortable ones did not look good on me, and all of the ones that looked good on me were uncomfortable. Everything is so SHORT and TIGHT!

This is me trying to go shopping for shorts this year!! Trying to find a pair that doesn't show my bum and is comfy is so difficult.

I don’t wear shorts anymore-I buy capris in light colors and lightweight fabrics from the Talbots outlet. They really aren’t too warm. My sister has had good luck with Chico’s-

I'm really concerned about chafing. Any suggestions for me in re: to how shorts should fit / styles?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter