Best Compliments ever received

My 4th grade teacher announced to the unruly class, "I wish I had a whole room full of (insert my name). I would be the happiest teacher in the world!" Now that was obviously a huge compliment on my behavior, work habits and all-around calm demeanor (read: the quiet, rule-following kid who just does what she's supposed to do). What Mrs. F didn't realize is that she set me up for a few days of playground taunting by the kids who always seemed to be talking and messing around in class. "Teacher's pet! Here comes Miss Perfect!" I'm sure the taunting would be more colorful now, but that's the best that 70s kids could come up with. I didn't care what they said. I just continued to do my thing.

Another one - I was once at the vet with a rabbit who stopped eating. The doctor examined him and then sent in the vet tech to instruct me on giving him fluid and medication injections for a few days. When she left the room, I could hear her talking to the doctor behind the door. He said, "Do you think she'll be OK with doing the injections?" The tech said, "Definitely. She watched carefully and asked some really good questions. She didn't even make the yuck face when the needle went in." The doctor said, "Well, she's clearly an excellent rabbit owner." I already knew that, but it was nice to hear!:rotfl:

One that I have received here a number of times over the years is, that after I have posted a somewhat 'in-depth' (serious, maybe sad) post of some sort, a subsequent poster will tell me that my post brought tears to their eyes. I take that as a compliment of sorts in that, with my choice of words, I have really been able to convey my inner feelings (generally sad or very meaningful) to another person here. Kind of weird I guess, thinking that as a 'compliment'. but I sort of do.

One that I have received here a number of times over the years is, that after I have posted a somewhat 'in-depth' (serious, maybe sad) post of some sort, a subsequent poster will tell me that my post brought tears to their eyes. I take that as a compliment of sorts in that, with my choice of words, I have really been able to convey my inner feelings (generally sad or very meaningful) to another person here. Kind of weird I guess, thinking that as a 'compliment'. but I sort of do.
@Dan Murphy That is absolutely a compliment. Your words have touched my heart many times. You are a kind, compassionate, thoughtful man and I am so glad that you are here!

I get hair compliments all the time. Almost 55 yrs old and the hair is mine, but the color is from esalon….. lol

i had to switch to esalon during Covid and now my hairdresser says my color is great and not damaging my hair. She gives me a quick trim and I am off.

my boss and coworkers gave me a plaque and ceremony a few months back and their words were beautiful.

my husband calls me his “bride” and compliments my cooking, makes sure to comment on how nice the house looks, and says I am his Queen :)

a coworker said I remind her of Ariel (my favorite Princess).

my children actually have conversations with me at least weekly and love my cooking For them when they come home for a visit.

My seven grandchildren tell me they love me and I am the best “MoMo”.

I am blessed for sure.

DSis and her 4 small children were in my wedding.
On my wedding day, as I came down the stairs in my mother's house
wearing my wedding gown, the oldest boy (then 8) exclaimed,
"Gosh! You sure are pretty!"
Nothing beat that compliment that day.

I write novels and this play
This is my favorite review that I ever received. It was for my play, Written for You.
Sadly he only gave me three of five stars.

If Larry David wrote a script for a Kafkaesque play to be produced by Woody Allen and starring the cast from Office Space… it might look something like this.

Joseph Cognard the true source of this original and darkly comedic short play fills his work with wicked dialogue and a cast of existentially challenged players. Bob has written a book and has forced his work on all of his friends and co-workers, and his therapist, but no one can bring themselves to read the thing. The book not being read is a running joke but Cognard uses Absurdist Theater and magical realism to further enhance this entertaining short work.

Unique and funny.

Last edited:
It isn’t the comment that‘s nearest my heart, but the one I get by far the most often is “I could never do your job”. :worship:

I've had multiple people tell me that I have beautiful skin. The most recent time being yesterday when I went to the mall with my friend. We went into Lush and one of the employees was like, WOW your skin is amazing.

One other time I had someone ask me if I was from Wisconsin (never been there before) since I had such beautiful skin???? Thanks, I guess lol

I've had multiple people tell me that I have beautiful skin. The most recent time being yesterday when I went to the mall with my friend. We went into Lush and one of the employees was like, WOW your skin is amazing.

One other time I had someone ask me if I was from Wisconsin (never been there before) since I had such beautiful skin???? Thanks, I guess lol
Clean air, wholesome living and lots of dairy products? :laughing:

I’m blessed in that my husband and friends say nice things about me all the time. I try to live up to it. But the best compliment I ever received was 37 years ago when our daughter with Down syndrome was in the hospital for 3 months before she had open heart surgery. Her heart was repaired and we were waiting to take her home. Her cardiologist was in her room checking her out one last time before sending her home. He had been her lifesaver several times over those horrible scary months. He turned to me as he was leaving and said…you are an excellent mother. Those were the best and kindest words I have ever heard.

I get hair compliments all the time. Almost 55 yrs old and the hair is mine, but the color is from esalon….. lol

i had to switch to esalon during Covid and now my hairdresser says my color is great and not damaging my hair. She gives me a quick trim and I am off.

my boss and coworkers gave me a plaque and ceremony a few months back and their words were beautiful.

my husband calls me his “bride” and compliments my cooking, makes sure to comment on how nice the house looks, and says I am his Queen :)

a coworker said I remind her of Ariel (my favorite Princess).

my children actually have conversations with me at least weekly and love my cooking For them when they come home for a visit.

My seven grandchildren tell me they love me and I am the best “MoMo”.

I am blessed for sure.
I love ALL of that for you ❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter