Best corn dog?

StarlitNight05

DIS Veteran
Opinion time! I know this has been discussed previously, but I'm curious about current opinions. Which restaurant has the best corn dog? I tried my first one at DLR this April at Corn Dog Castle (I know, it's ridiculous it took me this long). While it was okay, I wasn't blown away. It lacked a bit of flavor. DH, who normally likes corn dogs (but has never had one at DLR), told me the batter wasn't sweet enough to his liking. But to be fair, he likes to complain about everything 😆

So what say you fellow corn dog enthusiasts, who has the best one at DLR?

If you want flavor, get the Hot Link Corn Dog at Corn Dog castle.

Corn Dog breading isn't supposed to be sweet like cornbread. It's a cornmeal batter, but it doesn't have nearly as much sugar. The ones you get in the freezer have a sickening amount of high fructose corn syrup in them. If that's what you are used to, you'll be disappointed. I find the ones at Disneyland to be very, very good.

Corn Dog Castle for the win. They are best when they are super fresh, but no way to guarantee that, although if you go when it's very busy, you stand a better chance of getting one right out of the fryer.

I don't usually get corn dogs at Disneyland, and honestly I have no idea why. I just don't think about it or I want to try something unique. But, I did get one at Stage Door Cafe last month because it had the earliest mobile order window and I was starving and it was SO GOOD. Very hot and fresh!

I'm sure it's similar to the other corn dog locations, but there's another option for the corn dog conossieurs in the room.

Thanks all! I am definitely going to try the hot link at Corn Dog Castle when we visit again. Maybe I needed some spice! I'm also going to try one from DL proper to compare (either Red Wagon or Stagecoach). I know there is a booth in DtD too. Anyone have one from that place?

Corn dog castle. We waited in a long line for the much recommended red wagon and they weren’t as good as corn dog castle. Maybe an off day for them but everyone in our party agreed they weren’t as good!

Corn dog castle. We waited in a long line for the much recommended red wagon and they weren’t as good as corn dog castle. Maybe an off day for them but everyone in our party agreed they weren’t as good!

I find those to always be either too greasy or soggy. We prefer the Castle.

"If you want flavor, get the Hot Link Corn Dog at Corn Dog castle."

I totally, 100%, All in Flavour, agree with comment. Corn Dog Castle has the BEST Corndogs for DL. Corndogs are Great, the Hot-Link Corndog is my favorite, and the Cheese-Stik is great for something really different. Try EM!:hyper2:

I don’t think I remember a difference between Red Wagon and Corn Dog Castle. Is there any?

I'll be contrarian and say asbolutely! The difference is tha tThe Little Red Wagon has been there since 1955. Like a well-seasoned, family heriloom cast iron skittlet, the Little Red Wagon imparts the love from every corndog ever served there. The recipe may be the same - but there is an intangible quality that makes it better.

That said, the Wagon doesn't serve the varieties, which are also very good at Corn Dog Castle. The above only applies to the basic dogs.

I'll be contrarian and say asbolutely! The difference is tha tThe Little Red Wagon has been there since 1955. Like a well-seasoned, family heriloom cast iron skittlet, the Little Red Wagon imparts the love from every corndog ever served there. The recipe may be the same - but there is an intangible quality that makes it better.

That said, the Wagon doesn't serve the varieties, which are also very good at Corn Dog Castle. The above only applies to the basic dogs.

Imagine if they were still using the same oil from 1955...

Imagine if they were still using the same oil from 1955...

There's a burger place here that has been using the same grease for like 100 years - they've added to it of course, but they never just clear it out. They do deep fy their burgers in the grease. It's incredibly unhealthy, but they are GOOD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter